- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Seismic Performance Evaluation of Reinforced Concrete Moment Framed Low-story School buildings
철근콘크리트 모멘트 골조 저층형 학교건축물의 내진성능 평가
- Hwang, Ji-Hyun (SOC Institute, Korea Institute of Construction Technology) ;
- Park, Tae-Won (Department of Architectural Engineering, Dankook University) ;
- Han, Ju-Yeon (Department of Architectural Engineering, Dankook University)
- Received : 2013.08.02
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
Many school buildings are not applied seismic code because of small size structures. But it must be designed to show enough structural performance when subject to earthquake due to the fact that most of school buildings are generally used as public shelters when the natural disasters. In this study, the seismic risk of the reinforced concrete school building structure which is the most common types of school structures was evaluated by using the seismic performance evaluation methods. As a result, model structures don't have enough seismic performance.
School buildings;Seismic design;Seismic performance evaluation;Moment frame
Supported by : 국토해양부
- Website of Korea meterological administration (http://www.kma.go.kr/)
- T.W. Park, "Seismic retrofitting and performance evaluation of bearing wall structures", Doctoral thesis, Dankook University, 2005
- AIK, Korean Building Code-Structural, KBCS, (KBC-2009), Architectural Institute of Korea, 2009
- H. G. Ryu, T. W. Park, S. H. Lee, L. Chung, "Seismic Performance Evaluation of School Buildings in Gyunggi Region Considering Seismic Hazard Map" Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 24, No.4, pp. 66-73, 2009.
- Korea Institute of Educational Environment "Study on advanced system establish of school facilities ", 2009
- H. J. Kim, T. W. Park, S. H. Cho, L. Chung, "Experimental study on seismic retrofitting methods for school building using aramid strip" Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 25, No.3, pp. 100-106, 2010.
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, manual for Seismic Retrofit of school facility, 2003
- National Emergency Management Agency "Development of Seismic Fragility Functions in korea structures" Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, 2009
- FEMA, HAZUS99 Technical manual, 1999
- Barbat A,H, L.G. Pujades, N Lantada "Seismic damage evaluation in urban areas using the capacity spectrum method: Application to barcelona" Soil dynamics and earthquake engineering 28, pp. 851-865, 2008 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2007.10.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2007.10.006