- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The application and development of the Evaluation Indicators in accordance with the Planning Stages of Low-Carbon City -in relevance with the stage of urban planning establishment, design and operation of urban structure, management and maintenance-
저탄소 도시계획의 단계별 평가지표 설정 및 적용 연구 -도시계획 수립, 설계 및 운영, 유지·관리 단계를 중심으로-
- Oh, Deog-Seong (Department of Architecture, Chungnam University) ;
- Sung, Jae-Wook (Department of Architecture Engineering, Chungnam University) ;
- Lee, Seo-Jeong (Department of Architecture Engineering, Chungnam University)
- Received : 2013.08.01
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
Current global issue of climate change is growing and greenhouse gases occur in most cities. To solve the problem of climate change, the city should be changed to low-carbon structure. Low-carbon city planning is a step-by-step plan from the initial establishment, from design and operation of urban structure, to maintenance and management should be considered as an integrated whole process. Under this background, this study evaluated the whole process of low-carbon urban planning ways. For this step, divided into three steps and eight divisions, 30 sub-indicators are derived. Through domestic and foreign cases analysis studies and survey of the relevant experts, results were derived. In order to improve these points, in the intial planning establishment stage, planning of urban policy and institutional steps should be made and the plan should be appropriate to the local characteristics. In the design and operation of urban structure stage, detailed and feasible approach is needed and maintenance and management stage, participation of various stakeholders, including establishing governance and management practices could see the need.
Low-Carbon City;Urban planning;Index of evaluation
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Guidelines for low-carbon green city planning, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, 2009.
- Philine Gaffron, Ecocity, European Commission, 2005.
- Takashi Onishi and Hikaru Kobayashi, Low carbon cities, pp. 148-151, Gakugei Shuppan-Sha, 2011.
- K.I. Wang, S.C. Yoo, Urban Planning Guidance for Low Carbon, Green City in Korea, Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements, Vol.29, No.87, pp.65-88, 2009.
- S.Y. Kim, Low & Zero Carbon Energy Town, Seminar of Urban/Architecture progress direction for Low carbon green growth era, Urban Design Institute of Korea, 2009.
- J.K. Kim, et al. Development of a "Low Carbon, Green City" Model and Its Application to a Pilot Project, Land & Housing Institute, 2011
- J.J. Lee, S.H. Choi, A Study on the Development of the Planning Indicator for Carbon Neutral on the District Unit Plan, Korea Planners Association, Vol.44, No.4, pp119-131, 2009
- B.S. Byeon, Analysis on foreign case and strategy of Energy-efficient Low-carbon City, Seminar of Energy-efficient Low-carbon City, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, 2009
- I.S. Yeom, Development and Application of Evaluation Model for Planning System of Low-Carbon Green City on Climate Change, Chungnam National University, a Doctor's Thesis, 2011.
- J.C. Park, J.Y. Kim, Urban Planning Measurements in Pursuit of a Low-carbon Green City, The Korean Regional Development Association, Vol.22, No.1, pp.17-52, 2010.
- K.I. Wang, A study on policy and Domestic and Overseas Case study of Low-carbon green city, Seminar of Urban/Architecture progress direction for Low carbon green growth era, Urban Design Institute of Korea, 2009.
- Beatley, Green Urbanism, Island Press, 2000
- Freiburg green city, City of Freiburg im Breisgau, 2009
- The 2050 Nagoya Strategy for Low-carbon City, City of Nagoya, 2009
- A Plan on the Strategies for Green City Daejeon, Daejeon Metropolitan City, 2009
- Low carbon green city plan of Asan city, Asan city, 2010