- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on Durability of Concrete According to Mix Condition by Marine Environment Exposure Experiment
해양환경폭로실험을 통한 배합조건별 콘크리트의 내구성에 관한 연구
- Jo, Young-Jin (Korea Conformity Laboratories) ;
- Choi, Byung-Wook (Korea Conformity Laboratories) ;
- Choi, Jae-Seok (Korea Conformity Laboratories) ;
- Jung, Yong-Wook (Advanced Construction Materials Testing Center, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2013.07.01
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
Recently, much attention has focused on the study of eco-friendly concrete using recycled by-products for protecting marine ecosystem and durability of concrete exposed to marine condition. This study evaluated the durabilities of 4 different type of concrete mixtures(Control, Marine, Porous, New slag) with the seawater resistance by marine environment exposure experiment and freeze-thaw resistance, resistance to chloride ion penetration considering severe deterioration environment. In this study, we conducted seawater resistance using compressive strength according to the age(7/28/56 days) of specimen and curing conditions(standard(fresh water), tidal, immersion, artificial seawater). The results show that compressive strength of concrete exposed to marine environment exposure condition was lower than those of the standard curing condition. Also, compressive strength of New slag using eco-friendly materials for protecting marine ecosystem was lower than those of other concretes, there is need to improve the performance of New slag. The results for freeze-thaw resistance showed that all mixtures have excellent, but the Porous and New slag were lower than others. Also, the more improved resistance to chloride ion penetration than those of the Marine was measured in the New slag regardless of curing condition.
Freeze-Thaw Resistance;Marine Environment Experiment;Resistance to Chloride Ion Penetration;Slag Aggregate;Seawater Resistance
- Lee, B. J., Jang, Y. I., Kim, Y. Y., "Engineering Performance and Applicability of Environmental Friendly Porous Concrete for a Marine Ranch Using Steel Industry By-products", Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 25, No.1, pp. 115 - 123, February, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2013.25.1.115 https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2013.25.1.115
- Kim, M. S., Kang, J. H., and Beak, D. I., "Sulfate and Freezw-thaw Resistance Characteristic of Multi-component Cement Concrete Considering Marine Environment", Journal of the Korea Society of Ocean Engineers, Vol. 26, No.3, pp. 26 - 32, June, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2012.26.3.026
- Kwon, S. J., Park, S. S., and Lho, B. C., "Durability Evaluation of Inorganic-Impregnated Concrete Exposed to Long-Term Chloride Exposure Test", Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 20, No.3, pp. 283 - 290, June, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2008.20.3.283 https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2008.20.3.283
- Ryu, D. W., Kim, W. J., Yang, W. H., You, J. H., and Ko, J. W., "An Experimental Study on the Freezing-Thawing and Chloride Resistance of Concrete Using High Volumes of GGBS", Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction, Vol. 12, No.3, pp. 315 - 322, March, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5345/JKIBC.2012.12.3.315 https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIBC.2012.12.3.315
- Park, K. P., Kim, S. S., Lee, S. T., Kim, J. P., and Jung, H. S., "Properties on the Freeze-Thaw of Concrete Subjected to Seawater Attack", Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 23, No.1, pp. 23 - 30, February, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2011.23.1.023 https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2011.23.1.023
- KS F 2405, "Standard Test Method for Compressive Strength of Concrete", KS Standard, 2010.
- KS F 2456, "Testing method for resistance of concrete to rapid freezing and thawing", KS Standard, 2008.
- KS F 2711, "Testing method for electrical indication of concrete's ability to resist chloride ion penetration", KS Standard, 2002.
- NT Build 492, "Concrete, Mortor and Cement-Based repair materials ; Chloride migration coefficient from non-steady-state migration experiments", Nordtest, 1999.