- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Structural Analysis and Design of the H-typed Railway Tie
H형 침목의 구조해석 및 설계
- Kim, Hae-Gon (Gimcheon Civil Engineering Division, Korea Railroad) ;
- Bae, Hyun-Ung (Department of Civil Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Chin-Ok (Department of Civil Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lim, Nam-Hyoung (Department of Civil Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2013.08.19
- Accepted : 2013.09.05
- Published : 2013.09.30
With speed up of railway, the demand for safety of the railroad transportation is on the increase in Korea's conventional railways. In additions, freight trains with heavier axle load are required to run conventional railways. In order to solve these requirements, the increase of rail weight and the application of long rail system have been underway in conventional railways. However, the research on ties that is absolutely influencing the track stiffness in ballasted tracks has not been much progress. In this paper, the new H-typed tie is developed to increase the track stiffness and reduce the track irregularity. And from the structural analysis by FE program, the intial design drawing of the new H-typed tie is proposed.
Ballast resistance;Ballast resistance zone;H-typed tie;Tie design;Track stiffness
- Hae Gon Kim, Mold for making H shaped tie for railroad, The Korean Intellectual Property Office, Patent No. 10-1128031, 2012.
- N. H. Lim, Three dimensional nonlinear analysis of continuous welded rail tracks, Thesis for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Korea University, 2001.
- N. H. Lim, N. H. Park and Y. J. Kang, Stability of continuous welded rail track, Computers and Structures, Vol. 81, pp. 2219-2236, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(03)00287-6 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(03)00287-6
- ABAQUS/Standard User's Manual, Version 5.8, Hibbitt, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc. 1998.
- H. U. Bae, S. W. Bae, H. G. Kim, C. O. Lee and N. H. Lim, A Study on the H-typed Railway Sleeper, Proceeding of Spring Conference for the Korean Society for Railway, p. 150. June 2010.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT), Specifications of PC sleeper design, 2004.
- Korean Railway Standards(KRS), Prestressed Concrete Sleeper, KRS TR 0008-11(R), 2006.
- Korea Concrete Institute(KCI), Concrete structure design standard, 2007.