- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Performance Analysis of Sonar System Applicable to Underwater Construction Sites with High Turbidity
탁도가 높은 수중작업현장에 사용 가능한 소나시스템의 성능 분석
- Shin, Changjoo (Coastal Engineering and Ocean Energy Research Division, Korea Institute of Ocean Science and Technology) ;
- Jang, In-Sung (Coastal Engineering and Ocean Energy Research Division, Korea Institute of Ocean Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Kihun (Ocean System Engineering Research Division, Korea Institute of Ocean Science and Technology) ;
- Choi, Hyun-Tack (Ocean System Engineering Research Division, Korea Institute of Ocean Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Seung-Hyun (Department of Civil Engineering, Sunmoon University)
- 신창주 (한국해양과학기술원 연안개발에너지연구부) ;
- 장인성 (한국해양과학기술원 연안개발에너지연구부) ;
- 김기훈 (한국해양과학기술원 해양시스템연구부) ;
- 최현택 (한국해양과학기술원 해양시스템연구부) ;
- 이승현 (선문대학교 토목공학과)
- Received : 2013.06.03
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
The developing unmanned underwater equipment can be used for underwater construction site such as underwater leveling works. If a optical camera is applied to the unmanned underwater equipment, recognition in underwater can be gone to low due to high turbidity in working field. To overcome this problem, a sonar will be installed to the unmanned underwater equipment. In this study, the resolution of the sonar and the quality test of the sonar image under high turbidity environment were conducted. And the method to indicate the boundary of the underwater construction site was proposed. By these results, the basic performance of the sonar was evaluated.
Recognition;Sonar;Turbidity;Unmanned underwater equipment
Grant : 항만 수중공사용 무인 다목적 기계화 시공장비개발
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술원
- In Sung Jang, Changjoo Shin, Kihun Kim and Won Dae Baek, "Development of Underwater Equipment for Rubble Mound Leveling of Port Construction Works", Proceeding of Autumn Vonference on Korean Unmanned Underwater Vehicle, pp.27-32, Nov, 2012.
- In-Sung Jang, Sung-Jun Jung, Won-Dae Baek and Heejung Youn, "Visibility with Different Location and Projection Angle of Light under Turbid Water", Journal of The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp.3758-3765, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.8.3758 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.8.3758
- Clausner, James E. ; Pope, Joan, Side-Scan Sonar Applications for Evaluating Coastal Structures, Information for the Defencse Community, 1988. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5962/bhl.title.48347 https://doi.org/10.5962/bhl.title.48347
- Elena Messina, Adam Jacoff, "Performance standards for urban search and rescue robots", Proc. SPIE 6230, Unmanned Systems Technology VIII, May, 2006.
- Hirabayashi Taketsugu, Yamamoto Takashi, Sakai Hiroshi, Kato Hideo, Yokoi Hiroshi, "Construction of Teleoperation System with Bilateral Control for Underwater Construction Machine", Report of the Port and Airport Research Institute, Vol. 44, No. 4, pp. 53P, 2005.
- Cheol-Ku Lee, Seom-Kyu Jung, and Seong-Ryul Kim, "Distribution of Flood Sediment Deposits using the Seafloor Image by Side Scan Sonar near the Northern Coast of Gungchon-ri, East Sea", Journal of Korean Earth Science Society, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 41-50, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5467/JKESS.2013.34.1.41 https://doi.org/10.5467/JKESS.2013.34.1.41
- Hyunwoo Park, Tae-Jin Jung, Bum-Soo Kwon and Kyun Kyung Lee, "Performance Analysis of a Criterion to Verify the Consistency of Measured Angles of Towed Array and Frank Array", Journal of the Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 188-195, 2010.
- Yu-Shin Chang, Joong-Eup Keh, Heung-Gi Jo and Man-Hyung Lee, Development of the Side Scan Sonar Using the Multi-Beam Sensors : Sensor Design, Transaction of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers,, Vol. 54, No. 10, pp. 581-586, 2005.