- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Vertical Handover Between WLAN and UMTS using Group Decision Making Method
그룹결정방법을 이용한 WLAN과 UMTS간의 수직 핸드오버
- Kim, Nam-Sun (Dept. of Communication Engineering, Daejin University)
- 김남선 (대진대학교 통신공학과)
- Received : 2013.06.04
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
An important features of next-generation wireless networks will be heterogeneous environment in which a mobile terminal will be able to connect to multiple radio access networks and network selection mechanisms play an important role in ensuring QoS for users in this environment. In this paper, our study is concerned with an extension of the well known AHP to the group decision making methods. The users requested specific QoS divide into a group and the access networks with similar characteristics split into a group. Between each group, the one group is selected and within that group, the best access networks will be assigned according to priority order by network selection algorithm. The experimental results of MATLAB simulation show that the every user in each services can select the same network with decision value as large as 0.9. Consequently, the proposed network selection mechanism is more effective than conventional one in integrated UMTS and WLAN networks.
- Q. Song, A. Jamalipour, "A network selection mechanism for Next Generation Networks," IEEE International Conference of Communication, vol. 2, pp.1418-1422, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICC.2005.1494578 https://doi.org/10.1109/ICC.2005.1494578
- Yaw Nkansah-Gyekye, "An Intelligent Vertical Handoff Decision Algorithm In Next Generation Wireless Networks," University of the Western Cape, Doctor thesis, May 2010.
- Z. Wenhui, "Handover decision using fuzzy MADM in heterogeneous networks," WCNC 2004, pp. 653-658, March, 2004
- Q. Song, A. Jamalipour, "Network selection in an integrated Wireless LAN and UMTS environment using mathematical modelling and computing techniques," IEEE wireless communications, pp.42-48, June 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2005.1452853 https://doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2005.1452853
- C. Xuejun and L. Fang, "Network Selection for Group Handover in Multi-access Networks," ICC '08, pp.2164-2168, May, 2008.
- 3GPP Technical Specification Group Service and System Aspects QoS Concept (3G TR 23.907 version 1.1.0)
- Y. Shun-Fang and Wu Jung-Shyr. "A IEEE 802.21 Handover design with QOS provision across WLAN and WMAN," IEEE ICCCAS, pp.548-552, May, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICCCAS.2008.4657833 https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCCAS.2008.4657833
- Rodrigo-Alberto, "Handling Multiple Communications Sessions in an Heterogeneous Network Environment," Chalmers university of technology master thesis, Sep, 2009.
- Lennart Isaksson, "Seamless Communications ," Blekinge Institute of Technology, Doctoral Dissertation, Sweden, 2007.
- S. Dhar, A. Ray and R. Bera, "Design and Simulation of Vertical Handover Algorithm," International J. of Engg. Sci. and Tech. vol 2, No 10, October, 2010