- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Emergency Medical Service Demand and Fire Service Force
구급서비스 수요와 소방력에 관한 연구
- Kim, Jin-Dong (Department of Fire Service Administration, Howon University) ;
- Shin, Sang-Yol (Department of Emergency Medical Technology, Howon University)
- Received : 2013.06.11
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
This study was to investigate emergency medical service demands, fire service force of local governments, and relationship between these two factors for developing effective prehospital emergency medical services. For this, this study was measured the ratio of the number of patients transported and residents, ambulances and residents, patients transported and ambulance workers of 16 local governments. And then examined hypotheses. Data were collected from 2000 year to 2010 year. This study results indicated that average number of patients transported are significant differences not only between metropolitan district and general district, but also between capital area and non-capital area. And this study indicated that the fire service force are significant differences not only between metropolitan district and general district, but also between capital area and non-capital area. Also, the numbers of patients transported per ambulance, and the numbers of patients transported per ambulance worker were significant by regional groups. The number of patients transported per ambulance was a significant difference between the first half and the second half, but there was not a significant different the number of patients transported between the first half and the second half.
Emergency medical service demand;Fire service force;Local governments;Prehospital emergency medical services
- J. H. Kim, J. Y. Lee, D. O. Kim, H. J. Hyun, D. H. Byeon, S. G. Rho, J. H. Lee, "Study on Subjectivity of Fire Fighter"Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society Vol. 12, No. 10 pp. 4475-4483, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.10.4475 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.10.4475
- K. M. Choi, "An analysis on the prehospital care of 119 emergency medical service squads in gyeonggi area and improvement methods," Korean J Emerg Med Ser, 12(3), pp. 55-69, 2008.
- M. Lee, "A study for general emergency medical service systems in disaster," Korean J Emerg Med Ser, 10(1), pp. 23-39, 2006.
- S. Y. Park, "A study on the determinant factors of fire budget," Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungsang National University, 2003.
- National Emergency Management Agency, "Fire Service Administration Data and Statistics, Statistical data, 2010.
- Junganilbo, pp. 5, 2003.2.21.
- W. J. Lee, K. M. Kim, J. H. Cho, "The Correlations Between the Ego-states and the Burnout of 119 Emergency Medical Technicians by Ego-gram," Korean J Emerg Med Ser, 15(3), pp. 19-30, 2011.
- J. J. Choi, "The study on the deployment of fire-service force in korea," Jeonnam National University, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, 2001.
- H. S. Baek, "Determinants of the demand for public ambulance calls metropolitan area," Korean J Emerg Med Ser, 12(3), pp. 129-135, 2008.
- J. M. Koh, G. W. Kim, Y. T. Chung, "A study on activation device of 119 emergency care," Korean J Emerg Med Ser, 11(1), pp. 27-40, 2007.
- S. S. Park, J. S. Park, "A study on the use realities and satisfaction with transport services in 119 emergency medical service system and private transport agent in some area," Korean J Emerg Med Ser, 12(1), pp. 5-15, 2008.
- K. S. Kim, "A study on Cognition about 119 Rescue․ First Aid Team" Korean J Emerg Med Ser, 6(6), pp. 141-152, 2002.
- B. R. M. Park, "A study on the Advancement Plan Emergency Medical Service" Unpublished master's thesis, Dongshin University, 2009.