- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Optical Receiver System for Digital Transmission System
디지털 전송 시스템을 위한 광 수신시스템에 관한 연구
- Kim, Sun-Yeob (Department of Information Communication, Namseoul University)
- 김선엽 (남서울대학교 정보통신공학과)
- Received : 2013.08.10
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
In optical system, the signal and additive noise for statistical properties of a variety of ways to evaluate the performance of the system is essential for the optimization. In this paper, performance analysis of spectrum-sliced optical system in the optical pre-amplifier in the receiver the received signal by including the error limits for the bit that is, the bit error rate (BER: Bit Error Rate) required to maintain the average optical power represents the number of photons per bit is included in this paper to digital form, noticeable signal the receiver to calculate the sensitivity of the method for the calculation was performed. The general strength of the transmission of the modulated signal and digital signal transmission was required for the comparison of optical power. As shown in Figure 3, the general strength of the digital signal transmission system for transmitting a modulated signal compared with the case is improved by at least 10dB.
Digita signal;Transmission;Optical power
- Clifford R. Pollock. " Fundamentals of Optoelectronics", Irwin, 1995. 853-858, July 1991.
- E. A.Kuzin, B. Ibarra Escamilla, P. Rojas Laguna, J. Sanchez Momdragon "Nonliear Optical loop mirror with low birefringence twisted fiber in the loop", Optics Comm., 1998 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0030-4018(98)00011-X https://doi.org/10.1016/S0030-4018(98)00011-X
- Paul E. Green, Fiber Optic Networks. Prentice Hall: New Jersey, 1993.
- I. Jacobs, "Optical fiber communications technology and system overview," Trends in Optical Fibre Metrology and Standards, O.D.D. Soares Ed., NATO ASI Series, Series E-Vol. 285, pp. 567-591, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1995. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-94-011-0035-9_29
- S. D. Personick, "Receiver design for digital fiber-optic communication systems" Bell Systems Technical Journal, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 843-874, 1973. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/j.1538-7305.1973.tb01994.x https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1538-7305.1973.tb01994.x
- B. E. Saleh and M.C. Teich, Fundamentals of Photonics. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1991. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/0471213748 https://doi.org/10.1002/0471213748