- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Development and Evaluation of Cardiocerebrovascular Disease Prevention Program for Taxi Drivers
택시 운전자를 위한 심뇌혈관질환 예방 프로그램 개발 및 효과
- Jeon, Mi-Yang (College of Nursing, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Song, Youngl-SU (National Health Insurance Service) ;
- Jung, Hyung-Tae (National Health Insurance Service) ;
- Park, Jung-Sok (National Health Insurance Service) ;
- Yoon, Hye-Young (Trafic Broadcasting Network) ;
- Lee, Eliza (Department of Nursing, Seoil University)
- 전미양 (경상대학교 간호대학) ;
- 송영수 (국민건강보험공단) ;
- 정형태 (국민건강보험공단) ;
- 박정숙 (국민건강보험공단) ;
- 윤혜영 (대전교통방송) ;
- 이에리쟈 (서일대학교 간호과)
- Received : 2013.08.16
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
The purpose of this study was to development and evaluate the effects of cardiocerebrovascular disease prevention program for taxi drivers on physiological variables(blood pressure, blood sugar, serum lipids) and physical variables(body fat, muscle endurance, cardiopulmonary endurance, balance). This study consisted of two phases: developing the program and evaluating its effectiveness. 1 phase, 321 taxi drivers investigated a health condition and a life habit and an educational need and developed a program with the ground which will reach. 2 phases, The effectiveness of the program was tested in October 2011, with 51 taxi driver. The experimental group was given 12 weeks period exercise 1 weeks 3 time, disease education 4 time, 2 nutrition consultations. Although there was no significant reduction in blood pressure, heart rate, blood sugar, serum lipids, there were statistically significant increases in muscle endurance (t=-7.62 p<.001), cardiopulmonary endurance (t=-3.39, p<.001), balance(t=-4.13, p<.001) and decreased body fat (t= -3.11, p<.015) in before compared to after. These findings suggest that an integrated cardiocerebro-vascular disease prevention program improves physical fitness.
Cardiocerebrovascular Disease;Driver;Physiological variables;Physical variables
- National tatistical Office. 2011 The state of a registered automobile. 2012. From : http://www.index.go.kr/egams/stts/jsp/potal/stts/PO_STTS_IdxMain.jsp? idx_cd=1257&bbs=INDX_001&clas_div=A (accessed Aug., 10, 2013)
- Korean Transpertation Safety Authority. 2013 The state of a driver. 2013.
- K. O. Lim, Work ability and fatigability of taxi and bus drivers according to health states. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyungpook National University, Daegu. 2007.
- U. T. Shim, J. Y. Lee, J. K. Oh, & Y. C. Cho, A study on the disease complaints by the taxi drivers, Chungnam Medical Journal, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 127-135, 1991.
- C. H. Jang, Y. A. Choi, H. M. Lee, Y. S. Kang, C. H. Kim, S. Y. Noh, et al. "A study on the relationship between obesity and life style among cab drivers in Gyeongju. Dongguk", Journal of Medicine, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 62-73, 2004.
- I. S. Kim, K. J. Lee, J. Roh, & Y. H. Moon, "Human health factors and traffic accidents among taxi drivers in the seoul ares", Korean Journal of Preventive Medicine, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 313-322, 1989.
- S. H. Chon, J. Y. Kim, J. J. Cho, & J. G. Ryoo, "Job characteristics and occupational stress on health behavior in Korean workers", Korean Journal of Family Medicine, Vol. 31, pp. 444-452, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4082/kjfm.2010.31.6.444 https://doi.org/10.4082/kjfm.2010.31.6.444
- C. M. Haupt, D. Alte, M. Dorr, D. M. Robinson, S. B. Felix, U. John, et al. "The relation of exposure to shift work with atherosclerosis and myocardial infarction in a general population", Atherosclerosis, Vol. 201, pp. 205-211, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2007.12.059 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2007.12.059
- B. Karlsson, L. Alfredsson, A. Knutsson, E. Andersson, & K. Toren, "Total mortality and cause-specific mortality of Swedish shiftand dayworkers in the pulp and paper industry in 1952-2001", Scandinavia Journal of Work, Environment & Health, Vol. 31, pp. 30-35, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5271/sjweh.845 https://doi.org/10.5271/sjweh.845
- C. Bigert, K. Klerdal, N. Hammar, J. Hallqvist, & P. Gustavsson, "Time trends in the incidence of myocardial infarction among professional drivers in Stockholm 1977-1996", Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 61, pp. 987-991, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/oem.2004.012781 https://doi.org/10.1136/oem.2004.012781
- J. K. Ko, "Analysis of Factors Affecting the Health Behavior of Taxi-drivers", Journal of east-west nursing research, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 71-81, 2009.
- W. S. Kwak, J. U. Won, J. B. R, M. S. Lee, E. J. Kang, & J. H. Roh, "Workplace Cardiovascular Health Promotion Program and its Short-term Health Effects", Korean Journal of Occupational Environmental Medicine, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 46-52, 2009.
- T. Arao, Y. Oida, C. Maruyama, T. Mutou, S. Sawada, H. Matsuzuki, et al., "Impact of lifestyle intervention on physical activity and diet of Japanese workers", Preventive Medicine, Vol. 45, No. pp. 146-152, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2007.05.004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2007.05.004
- E. Y. Kim, & S. Y. Hwang, "Development and Evaluation of a Small Group-based Cardiocerebrovascular Disease Prevention Education Program for Male Bus Drivers", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 42, No. 3, pp. 322-332, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.3.322 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.3.322
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute. Coronary heart disease risk factors, 2001. From http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hd/atrisk.html (accessed May, 2011)
- C. Stirrat, & S. Mann, "Perceptions of cardiovascular risk factors among cardiology outpatients", Heart, Lung & Circulation, 17S, pp. S22-S23. 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.hlc.2008.03.051 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hlc.2008.03.051
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, Korea Health Statistics 2011 : Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (KNHANESV-2), pp. 22, 2012. From: http://knhanes.cdc.go.kr. (accessed Aug., 10, 2013)
- C. M. Kim, & H. M. Son, A study on taxi drivers' smoking behavior, self-efficacy and expectation level of success in smoking cessation, Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 517-526, 2005.
- H. J. Lee, J. J. Lee, T. Y. Hwang, S. Kam. "Development and Evaluation of a Community Staged Education Program for the Cardiocerebrovascular Disease High-risk Patients", Journal of Agricultural Medicine and Community Health, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 167-180, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5393/JAMCH.2012.37.3.167 https://doi.org/10.5393/JAMCH.2012.37.3.167
- J. O. Prior, G van Melle, A. Crisinel, B Burnand, J. Cornuz, & R. "Darioli, "Evaluation of a multicomponent worksite health promotion program for cardiovascular risk factors- correcting for the regression towards the mean effect", Preventive Medicine, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 259-267, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2004.05.032 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2004.05.032