- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Health Incentive Program and Hypertensive Patients' Blood Pressure Control
건강 인센티브 프로그램이 고혈압 환자의 혈압 조절에 미치는 영향
- Kang, Kyunghee (Department of Emergency Medical Technician, Gachon University)
- 강경희 (가천대학교 응급구조학과)
- Received : 2013.08.07
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
This study described hypertensive patients characteristics associated with a health incentive program, and analyzed the effects of the health incentive program on blood pressure control. Based on the Incheon Chronic Disease Management System (iCDMS), a community partnership program for hypertensive patients, a cross-sectional design was used. There were statistically significant differences between the control group (n=17,278) and the experimental group (n=5,020) in gender, age, points earned, and number of hospital visits. Furthermore, being male, being over 60 years of age, and points earned were statistically significant factors associated with blood pressure control. To increase the effectiveness of chronic diseases management systems, various health incentive programs will be developed and introduced.
Blood pressure control;Health incentive program;Hypertension
Supported by : 가천대학교
- N. S. Chung, J. S. Kim, S. H. Lee, C. Y. Shim, C. J. Kim, E. G. Shim, J. S. Hong, J. H. Kim, Development of education and public-relation campaign strategies for effective prevention and management of hypertension, Seoul, Korea: Ministry for Health, Welfare and Family Affairs, 2009.
- D. Hong, H. J. Seo, K. Kang, E. J. Kim, J. S. Im, D. K. Oh, J. Yim, "Impact of registration program after hypertensive or diabetic patient detection through community partnership on compliance and blood pressure or blood sugar control", Journal of Agricultural Medicine and Community Health, 33(3), 316-323, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5393/JAMCH.2008.33.3.316 https://doi.org/10.5393/JAMCH.2008.33.3.316
- J. Yim, K. Y. Kim, Y. Kim, J. H. Park, W. Yoo, J. S. Lee, A study of health point system to continuously improve the cure rate of chronic diseases, Seoul, Korea: Ministry for Health, Welfare and Family Affairs, 2009.
- J. H. Cho, C. Y. Kim, M. S. Choi, S. J. Hong, C. S. Oh, W. S. Hwang, Basic Study for Constructing Private-Public Collaboration on Community Hypertension Control Program, Seoul, Korea: Ministry for Health, Welfare and Family Affairs, 2001.
- E. H. Wagner, "Academia, chronic care, and the future of primary care", Journal of General Internal Medicine, 25(Supplement 4), S636-638, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11606-010-1442-6 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-010-1442-6
- M. F. Harris, N. A. Zwar, "Care of patients with chronic disease: the challenge for general practice", Medical Journal of Australia, 187(2), 104-107, 2007.
- Incheon chronic disease management system, Available From: http://icdc.incheon.go.kr/point/ point.html. (accessed July 21, 2013)
- Y. H. Choi, C. M. Nam, M. H. Joo, K. T. Moon, J. S. Shim, H. C. Kim, I. Suh, "Awareness, treatment, control, and related factors of hypertension in Gwacheon", Korean Journal of Preventive Medicine, 36(3), 263-270, 2003.
- D. H. Lee, Y. H. Choi, K. H. Lee, D. R. Kang, S. H. Jee, J. M. Nam, I. Suh, "Factors associated with hypertension control and antihypertensive medication among hypertensive patients in a community", Journal of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, 36(3), 289-297, 2003.
- S. A. Chun, B. J. Na, C. W. Kim, M. S. Lee, "The effect of re-building of public health facilities on the hypertension control in the rural area", Journal of Agricultural Medicine and Community Health, 33(1), 37-45, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5393/JAMCH.2008.33.1.037 https://doi.org/10.5393/JAMCH.2008.33.1.037
- H. T. Jung, N. K. Bae, Y. C. Cho, "Serial change of blood pressure level of hypertensive patients admitted to the case management program, Journal of the Korea Acamemia- Industrial Cooperation Society, 11(5), 1912-1920, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.5.1912 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.5.1912
- Y. S. Chung, M. K. Moon, C. H. Lee, "The effect of smart care ubiquitous health service on hypertension management', Journal of the Korea Acamemia- Industrial Cooperation Society, 14(3), 1213-1220, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.3.1213 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.3.1213
- C. F. Schaars, R. E. Stewart, P. Denig, B. H. R. Wolffenbuttel, W. N. Kasje, F. M. Haaijer- Ruskamp, "Physician, organizational, and patient factors associated with suboptimal blood pressure management in type 2 diabetic patients in primary care", Diabetes Care, 27(1), 123-128, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2337/diacare.27.1.123 https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.27.1.123
- N. E. Gimpel, V. Schoj, A. Rubinstein, "Quality management of hypertension in primary care: do physicians treat patients' blood pressure level or cardiovascular risk?" Quality in Primary Care, 14, 211-217, 2006.
- E. Tanner, Chronic illness demands for selfmanagement in older adults. Geriatric Nursing, 25, 313-317, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gerinurse.2004.08.003 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gerinurse.2004.08.003
- D. K. Oh, H. S. Lee, J. Yim, W. Cheong, M. K. Youn, "The effect of health point system on health-realted lifestyle", Journal of East-West Nursing Research, 18(1), 25-30, 2012.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Korea Health Statistics 2010: Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (KNHANES V-1), Seoul, Korea: Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2011.
- C. Y. Kim, K. S. Lee, Y. H. Khang, J. Yim, Y. J. Choi, H. K. Lee, K. H. Lee, Y. I. Kim, "Health behaviors related to hypertension in rural population of Korea", Korean Journal of Preventive Medicine, 33(1), 56-68. 2000.
- S. Y. Kim, I. S. Cho, J. H. Lee, J. H. Kim, E. J. Lee, J. H. Park, J. S. Lee, Y. Kim, "Physician factors associated with the blood pressure control", Journal of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, 40(6), 487-494, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2007.40.6.487 https://doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2007.40.6.487