- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Impact of Self-Regulation on Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention among Emergency Medical Workers
응급의료종사자들의 자기조절이 직무만족과 이직의사에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Hyeon-Ji (Department of Emergency Medical Service, Kangwon National University) ;
- Moon, Tae-Young (Department of Emergency Medical Service, Kangwon National University) ;
- Choi, Mi-Young (Department of Emergency Medical Service, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2012.08.19
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
The purpose of this study was to examine the influence of the self- regulation of paramedics on their job satisfaction and turnover intention. The subjects in this study were 300 paramedics who worked at general and larger hospitals. A survey was conducted for about four months from May 6 to August 30, 2012. As for data analysis, the statistical package SPSS WIN 18.0 was employed to make a frequency analysis, and the reliability of the instrument used was checked. A factor analysis was made, and a correlation analysis was carried out to look for connections between the variables, and a multiple regression analysis was utilized. Concerning the general characteristics of the respondents, many of the respondents were female, in their 20s, unmarried and received junior-college or higher education. Self-regulation had a very close correlation to job satisfaction and turnover intention, and self-regulation affected the subfactors of job satisfaction. Self-regulation exerted an influence on job satisfaction and turnover intention. The findings of the study are expected to suggest how to boost the job satisfaction of paramedics to step up the development of the organization that they belong to.
Self-Regulation;Job Satisfaction;Turnover Intention;Emergency Medical Workers
- P, C, Smith, L, M, Kendall & C, L, Hulin, The Maesurement of satisfaction in work and retirement. Chicago Rand Hill, 1969.
- H, T, Jo, Job Stress and Satisfaction of Emergency Medical Technicians Working in National Emergency Management Agency and Hospital, Department of Public Health, Graduate School, Inje University, 2012.
- K, S, Yoon, A Study on the Job Stress and Coping of Emergency Nurses, Department of Public Health, The Graduate School of Social Development Chung- Ang University, 2003.
- Y, M, Lee, Activities, Stress and Job Satisfaction of Triage Nurses Working in University Affiliated Hospital, Department of Nursing, The Graduate School Yonsei University, 2009.
- M, S, Kim, The Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention of Emergency Medical Technician in the Private Ambulance Service, Department of Emergency Medical Service Graduate School of Kongju National University, 2012.
- S, J, Yoon, Impacts of Job Satisfaction, Oranization Commitment, and Occupational Commitment on Turnover Intentions among Employees in Sport Organzations, Department of Physical Education Graduate School of Inha University, 2007.
- Y, J, Kim. A Study on Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention of the Long-term Mental Health Care Facility employees in Daejeon and Chungnam, Department of Management and Administration Social Welfare Graduate School Daejeon University, 2007.
- W, R, Borg & M, D, Gall, "Education research", New York, Longman, 1983.
- S, Y, Nam, "The Self-Regulation Model of Job Satisfaction in the Workers of Residential Facilities, Department of Social Welfare Graduate School Daejeon University, 2007.
- D, B, Slavitt, P, L, Stamp, E, B, Piedmont, A, M, B, Hasse, Nurses Satisfaction with Their Work Satisfaction, Nursing Research, Vol, 27(2), 114-120, 1978.
- S, Y, Nam, S, K, Nam, M, A, Nam, Effects of Self-Efficacy and Facet Job Satisfaction on Global Job Satisfaction among the Workers of Residential Facilities, Korean journal of Social Welfare, Vol, 58(3), 195-221, 2006.
- P, C, Smith, L, M, Kendal & C, L, Hulin, The Maesurement of satisfaction in work and retirement. Chicago Rand Hill, 1969.
- H, M, Yun, Social Worker Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention When it comes to predicting the role of job Stress, Personal Characteristics and Coping Behaviors, Korean Journal of Social Welfare, 28, 251-280, 1996.
- W, H, Mobley, "Employee Turnover : Cause, Consequences, and Control, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1982.
- J, E, Mathieu & D, Zajac, "A Review and Meta-analysis of the Antecedents, Correlates and Consequences of Organizational Commitment, Psychological Bullentin, Vol, 108, 171-194, 1990. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.108.2.171 https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.108.2.171
- H, Y, Jeong, "A Study on the Employee Perceived Organizational Support, Commitment, and Turnover Intention", Journal of Industrial Studies, Vol, 14, 205-224, 2001.
- I. S. Park, An assessment of job satisfaction of hospital employees : In case of General hospital in Yeong Kwang, Department of public Adminstration Graduate School of Business and Publin Adminstration Mokpo National University, 2005.
- M, R, Banaji, D, A, Prentice, The self in social contexts. In L. Porter & M, Rosenzweig(Eds), Annual Rrview of Psychology. Vol, 45, 297-332, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.ps.45.020194.001501
- J, P, Byrnes, The Nnature and Development of Decision-making : A Self-regulation Model, Hildale. NJ : Erlbaum, 1998.
- D, C, Miller & J, P, Byrnes. Adolescents Decision Making in Social Situation : A Self-regulation. Perspective, Applied Developmental Psycbology, Vol, 22, 237-256, 2001.
- M, J, Lee, The Problems and Challenges for Self-regulation Studies. The Journal of Research in Education, Vol, 29, 161-193, 2011.
- S, Y, Nam, The Self-Regulation Model of Job Satisfaction in the Workera of Residential Facilities, Department of Social Welfare Graduate School Daejeon University, 2007.
- Herzberg, F. Mausner, B. Sanderman, B, The Motivation to Work, Wiley, New York, 1969.
- V, H, Vroom, Work and Motivation, New York. John Wiley and Sons Inc, 1964.
- Locke. A, The nature and cause of job satisfaction. IM M.D. Dunette(ed), Handbook of Industrial and Organizational Psychology. 1297-1349. chicago : Rand Mcnally. 1976.
- H, J, Kim, The degree of Job Stress, Self-efficacy and Job Satisfaction in Psychiatric Nurses, Department of Nursing, Graduate School Inje University, 2010.
- H, L, Park, Factors Associated with Job Satisfaction of New Nurse, Department of Nursing, Graduate School of Sungshin Women's University, 2010.
- H, S, Choi, A Study on the Factors Influencing on Burn out of Nurses in Public Health Center, Department of Nursing Graduate School of Kong-Ju National University, 2007.
- J, M, Sim, A Study on the Effect of Hospital Employee's Self-Efficacy on Organizational Effectiveness : Focused on Mediated Effects of Motivation, Department of Medical Business Kyung Hee University Business School, 2011.
- K, B, Chang, The Relation between the Perceived Social Support, Self-Efficacy and the Nurse Offices's Burnout, Graduate School The Catholic University of Korean, 2003.
- H, Y, Hong, The Effect of Service Education Training on Self-respect, Self-Efficacy and Job-Satisfaction : Based on the Hospitals Located in Seoul, Department of Hotel Management Graduate School of Tourism Kyung-Hee University, 2009.
- H, J, Hong, Factors Affecting Burnout of Staffs in Emergency Medical Service : Focusing on 119 rescuers in Busan and Gyeongnam, Department of Nursing Graduate School of In-Je University, 2011.