- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Relationship Among Serum Lipid levels, Obesity and Blood Pressure in Health Examined Adult Women
건강검진 수진 성인 여성의 혈청지질과 비만 및 혈압과의 관련성
- Park, Sung-Kyeong (Department of Beauty Art & Skin Care, Daejeon Health Science College) ;
- Cho, Young-Chae (Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Chungnam National University School of Medicine and Research Institute for Medical Sciences)
- Received : 2013.06.05
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
The present study was intended to reveal the relationships between serum lipid levels and various factors of obesity and blood pressure. The study subjects were 1,838 adult women measured at a mass health screening during the period from January through December, 2011. TC, TG, HDL-C, LDL-C, SBP, DBP, degree of obesity, body fat rate were measured and the relation between these obesity and blood pressure measurements to serum lipid levels were studied. As a results, TC, TG, LDL-C, body fat rate and degree of obesity increased linearly with advancing age. TC, TG and LDL-C increased linearly with increasing blood pressure, and these values were higher in hypertension group than that of normal group. TC, TG and SBP increased linearly with increasing degree of obesity, and these values were higher in obesity group than that of normal group. HDL-C decreased linearly with increasing degree of obesity, and these values were lower in obesity group than that of normal group. TC, TG, HDL-C, degree of obesity, body fat rate was positive correlation with each others, but these values negatively correlated to HDL-C. Principal component analysis, showed that subjects could be divided into the group having the hypertensive group(1st principal component), the obesity group(2nd principal component), the hyperlipidemia group(3rd principal component), and HDL-C(4th principal component). In multiple regression analysis, age, TC, TG and body fat rate were affected to HDL-C. Above results suggest that higher the degree of obesity and blood pressure, the higher the serum lipid levels.
Adult women;Mass health screening;Serum Lipid;Obesity;Blood pressure
- National Statistical Office. Korea Statistical Yearbook. The 55th Edition, Daejeon: National Statistical Office; 2008.
- Jee SH, Sull JW, Park J, Lee SY, Ohrr H, Guallar E, et al. Body-mass index and mortality in Korean men and women. N Engl J Med, 355(8):779-787, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa054017 https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa054017
- Beaglehole R, magnus P. The search for new factors for coronary heart disease occupational therapy for epidemiologists? Int J Epidemiol 31:1117-1122, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/ije/31.6.1117 https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/31.6.1117
- Flegal KM, Carroll MD, Ogden CL, Johnson CL. Prevalence and trends in obesity among US adults, 1999-2000. JAMA, 288(14):1723-1727, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1001/jama.288.14.1723 https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.288.14.1723
- Kereiakes DJ, Willerson JT. Metabolic syndrome epidemic. Circulation 108:1552-1553, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.0000093203.00632.2B https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.0000093203.00632.2B
- Mokdad AH, Ford ES, Bowman BA, Dietz WH, Vinicor F, Bales VS, et al. Prevalence of obesity, diabetes, and obesity related health risk factors, 2001. JAMA, 289(1):76-79, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1001/jama.289.1.76 https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.289.1.76
- Lee JS, Kawakubo K, Gunji A. The relationship between coronary risk factors and body weight -gender and age difference. Jpn J Hyg, 52:462-469, 1997. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1265/jjh.52.462 https://doi.org/10.1265/jjh.52.462
- Brownson RC, Remington PL, Davis JR. Chronic disease epidemiology and control. American Public Health Association, 167-202, 1993.
- Kannel WB. Serum cholesterol, lipoproteins, and the risk of coronary heart disease. Am Int Med, 74:1-12, 1971. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-74-1-1 https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-74-1-1
- Conner SL. The effect of age, body weight and family relationships on plasma lipoproteins and lipids in man, woman and children of randomly selected families. Circulation 65:1290-1298, 1982. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.65.7.1290 https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.65.7.1290
- Gries FA. Obesity; diabetes and hyperlipoproteinemia. Atherosclerosis Rev, 4:71-95, 1979.
- Kannel WB, Gordon T, Castelli WP: Obesity, lipids and glucose intolerance, the Framingham study. Am J Clin Nutr, 32:1238-1245, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/32.6.1238
- Miller GJ, Miller NE. Plasma-high- density-lipoprotein concentration and development of ischemic heart disease Lancet, 1:16-19, 1975. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(75)92376-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(75)92376-4
- Gorden T. High density lipoprotein as a protective factor against coronary heart disease: The Framingham study. Am J Med, 62:707-714, 1977. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0002-9343(77)90874-9 https://doi.org/10.1016/0002-9343(77)90874-9
- Park SK, Kim KH, Cho YC. The Usefulness of Obesity Indices for the Coronary Risk Factors in an Urban Inhabitants. Korean J of Prev Med and Publ Hlth, 39(6):447-454, 2006.
- Lee SH, Cho YC. Evaluation of obesity from BMI and body fat rate, and its association with coronary risk factors in health checkup examinees. J of Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 12(2):746-752, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.2.746 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.2.746
- Park KR, Cho YC. The association of blood pressures and blood biochemical properties with BMI in health checkup examines. J of Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 12(7):3072-3081, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.7.3072 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.7.3072
- Wang SB, Cho YC. Body mass index and subsequent risk of hypertension, hyperglycemia and hypercholesterolemia in health checkup examines. J of Korea Academia- Industrial Cooperation Society, 12(6):2677-2684, 2011 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.6.2677 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.6.2677
- Friedewald WT, Levy RI, Fredrickson DS: Estimation of the concentration of low density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge. Clin Chem, 18:499, 1972.
- Stamler J. Lifestyle, major risk factors, proof and public policy. Circulation, 58:3-19, 1978. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.58.1.3 https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.58.1.3
- Beaglehol R, et al. Serum cholesterol, diet, the decline in coronary heart disease mortality. Prev Med, 8:538-547, 1979. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0091-7435(79)90329-3 https://doi.org/10.1016/0091-7435(79)90329-3
- Sakai K, Sugihara T. Factors related to serum lipid levels in women of middle and old age -A community study-Japan I of Public Health, 38(2):112-117, 1991.
- Schwartz RS, Brunzell JD. Increase of adipose tissue lipoprotein lipase activity with weight loss. J Clin Invest, 67:1425-1430, 1981. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1172/JCI110171 https://doi.org/10.1172/JCI110171
- Weltman A. Unfavourable serum lipid profiles in extremely overfat women. Int J Obes, 7:109-114, 1983.
- Hulley SB, et al. Plasma high-density lipoprotein cholesterol level. JAMA, 238:2269-2271, 1977. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1001/jama.238.21.2269 https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1977.03280220037017
- Castelli WP, et al. Distribution of triglyceride and total, LDL and HDL cholesterol in several population: A cooperative lipoprotein phenotyping study. J Chron Dis, 30:147-169, 1977. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0021-9681(77)90082-0 https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9681(77)90082-0
- Effect of flexi-bar exercise on body composition and trunk muscle strength in overweight and obesity female college students vol.16, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.6543
- Prevalence and Management of Dyslipidemia Among Korean Adults: KNHANES 2010-2012 vol.16, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7978