- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on Drug awareness information, Usage and Misusage on Elderly Inpatients of Veterans Hospital
보훈병원입원노인환자의 약물정보인식, 약물사용 및 오용실태에 관한 연구
- Heo, Young Hi (Department of Nursing Jinju College)
- 허영희 (진주보건대학교 간호과)
- Received : 2013.06.11
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
This study is descriptive research, attempts to determine the status of elderly inpatients of veterans hospital' of drug awareness information, drug use status and drug Misusage. The subjects were 220 patients of aged 65 and over only five metropolitan areas nationwide in drug use in the Veterans Hospital, national merit, the study is from May to June. SPSS Win 18.0 program was used as the data analysis and a statistical statement by mean, standard deviation, t-test and ANOVA, and multiple regression analysis. As a results, there was showed a statistically significant level 'age', 'type of marriage', 'education', 'triage', 'health status' as the general characteristics of the subjects. It showed the 'age' of the variables that influence recognition in the area of drug awareness information, and drug Misusage and drug use status factors seemed to affect the 'health status'. Therefore, It need for a comparative study of elderly inpatients and inpatients of veterans hospital, the research should be qualitative research of veterans medical services to the on reasonable support measures in the Veterans Affairs health care system and national merit.
Drug use;Drug Misusage;Medication Information
- Korean Statistical Information Service. Available From: http://kosis.kr/abroad/abroad_01List.jsp?parentId (accessed Feb, 2, 2013).
- E-Statistics Korea. Available From: http://m.index.go.kr/egams/smart/index.jsp(accessed Jan, 30, 2013).
- J. H. Ham, "Morbidity Pattern, Life Satisfaction and Associating Factors among National-Merit Persons," A master's thesis, Inje University, 2010.
- Y. G. Jeong, "Differences of Health Outcome Indicators Including Mortality According to Polypharmacy in Elderly Male Visiting a Veterans Hospital," A Doctoral Dissertation, University of Ulsan college of Medicine, 2011.
- H. S. Lee, "Study research on drug by senior citizens in rural areas : based on users of community health clinic," A master's thesis, Hanseo University, 2007.
- Alemagno, S. A., Niles, S. A. & Trelber, E. A., "Using computers to reduce medication misuse of community-based seniors : Results of a pilot intervention program," Geriatric Nursing, 25(5), pp. 281-285, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gerinurse.2004.08.017 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gerinurse.2004.08.017
- S. A. Lee, "Study on the Drug Use by the Elderly at home," A master's thesis, Inje University, 2003.
- Lindley C. M., Jully M. D.," Paramsothy V., Tallis R. C., Inappropriate medicine is a major cause of adverse drug reaction in elderly patients", Age aging, 21, pp294-300, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/21.4.294
- Salzman C.,"Medication compliance in the elderly ",Journal of clinical psychiatry, 56(1), pp 18-22, 1995.
- H. S. Kim "A Drug use and the Related Factors of the Elderly person in a Gwang ju Area",Journal of Korean Public Health Association Vol. 27, No. 1, March 2001.
- Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service. Available From: http://www.hira.or.kr/search/search.jsp (accessed Jan, 12, 2010).
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety,"Drug use pattern Evaluation for Appropriateness in Geriatric patients", pp 22-35, 2004.
- Ulfvarson, J., Bardage, C., A-M Wredling, R, Bahr, C. & Adami, J. "Adherence to drug treatment in association with how the patient perceives care and information on drugs." DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2005.01477.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2005.01477.x
- Y, S Hong, "A study on Medication Information Usage and Misusage on ambulatory Elderly patients of a Public Hospital,"A master's thesis, Hanyang University, 2009.
- Ellor, J. R., & Kurz, D. J. "Misuse and abuse of prescription and nonprescription drugs by the elderly," Nursing Clinics of North America, Vol.17, pp.319-330, 1982.
- S. M. Uhm, "A Study on the Status of Prescription and Non-prescription Drug Use in Elderly," A master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, 2005.
- I, S Jang. " A study on the status of drug use in elders in kyongbuk province", journal of korean Gerontological Nursing, 991),40-50.
- M. S. Kim, "Elderly Patients' Drug Misuse and Abuse Behavior in Using the Public Hospitals," A master's thesis, Chungbuk National University, 2011.
- G. J. Hwang, et al. "Elderly Medication Error and Study," Journal of Korean Society of Hospital Pharmacists, 20(2), 245-256, 2003.
- D. Y. Lee, "Development and evaluation of preventive education program for medication misuse of the community dwelling elderly," A Doctoral Dissertation, Yonsei University, 2001.
- Journal of Clinical Nursing, 16(1), 141-148, 2006.