- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Impact of Social Entrepreneurship of the Members of Nonprofit Organizations on Cooperative Behavior -Focusing on the mediating effects of value congruence-
비영리조직 구성원의 사회적기업가정신이 가치일치를 매개로 협조적행동에 미치는 영향
- Chung, Dae-Yong (Division of Small Business Venture, Soongsil University) ;
- Kim, Tai-Hyun (Division of Small Business Venture, Soongsil University)
- Received : 2013.08.20
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
Study explores the effect of the member's social enterpreneurship at nonprofit organizations on cooperative behavior and proved the mediator effect of value congruency among individuals at those organizations. Examined on a nationwide scale with members at nonprofit organizations, this study indicated followings: 1. Innovativeness, Risk Management, and Social Mission. are valid 2. Innovativeness and Social Mission are related to cooperative behavior, 3. Value congruency with each other at an institution exerts positive effect on cooperative behavior, 4. Value congruency over social enterpreneurship and cooperative behavior partially, yet still positively, mediate social enterpreneurship to cooperative behavior. In other words, the higher the social enterpreneurship in each indivisual is, the higher the degree of value congruency among individuals is, leading to more frequent cooperative behavior. This study also suggests that enhancement of social enterpreureship in each individual at work through education should be considered.
Nonprofit Organizations;Social Enterpreneurship;Cooperative Behavior;Value Congruence
- Paine, J. B., & Organ, D. W. "The cultural matrix of organizational citizenship behavior: Some preliminary conceptual and empirical observations". Human Resource Management Review, 10(1), pp.45-59. 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1053-4822(99)00038-8 https://doi.org/10.1016/S1053-4822(99)00038-8
- Prabhu, G. N., "Social Entrepreneurial Leader -ship. Career Development International", 4(3), pp.140-145. 1999. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/13620439910262796 https://doi.org/10.1108/13620439910262796
- Meyer, J. P. and N. J. Allen, "A Three component Conceptualization of Organizational Commitment", Human Resource Management Review, 1(1), pp.61-89. 1991. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/1053-4822(91)90011-Z https://doi.org/10.1016/1053-4822(91)90011-Z
- Dae-Yong, Chung., "A Study the social entrepreneur and social entrepreneurship". The Korea Entrepreneurship Sociely, 1(2), pp.2-16. 2006.
- Cornwall, J. R. & Perlman, B., "Organizational entrepreneurship", Home wood, Ill, Irwin. 1990.
- Peredo, A. M. & McLean, M,, "Social Entrepreneurship: A Critical Review of the Concept", Journal of World Business, 41(4), pp. 56-6. 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jwb.2005.10.007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwb.2005.10.007
- Yong-Tak, Lee., "Social entrepreneurship and performance and on the relevance of the research", Human Resource Management Research, 18(3), pp.129-150. 2011.
- Weerawardena, J. & Sullivan Mort, G.,"Investigation Social Entrepreneurship: a Multidimensional Model", Journal of World Business, 41, pp.21-35. 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jwb.2005.09.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwb.2005.09.001
- Gwi-Hui, Bae., "A Study on the new concept of social enterprises process: focusing on structural equation model", Korea Policy and Society Newsletter, 15(2) pp.199-227. 2011.
- Sullivan Mort, G., & Weerawardena, J. & Carnegie, K. "Social Entrepreneurship: Toward Conceptualization. International", Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, 8(1), pp.76-88. 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/nvsm.202 https://doi.org/10.1002/nvsm.202
- I-Jun,Jung & Gyu-Mi,Kwon & Seong-Sik,Bak., "Entrepreneurship and performance: in partnership with non-profit organizations focused on the moderating effect", korean academic association of business administration, 4,pp.73-95. 2007.
- Eun-Ha,Jeong & Mi-Seon,Eom "Chief Executive Officer of the entrepreneurial spirit of innovative social services organization impact on business behavior", Human Resource Management Research, 20(2), pp.199-245. 2012.
- Sung-Hee Jang., "The Effects of Internal, External Environment and Entrepreneurship on the Performance of Social Enterprise: Focused on the Network Activity", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society 12(11), pp.4801-4811, 2011 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.11.4801 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.11.4801
- Cazier, J. A,.. "The Relationship among Value Congruence, Trustand Behavioral Intentionsin E-Business", Arizona State University, 2004.
- Rokeach, M., "The Nature of Human Values, New York: The Free Press", pp.282-296. 1973.
- Chatman, J., "Improving Organizational Research: A Model of Person-Organization Fit", Academy of Management Review, 14(1), pp. 333-349. 1989 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5465/AMR.1989.4279063 https://doi.org/10.5465/AMR.1989.4279063
- Kyung-Soo, Kim, & Gong-Su, Kim., "the unity of the individual and the organization: the socialization of interns system organization and effect on the result of the operation", Marketing Research, 27(4), pp.1003-1024. 1998.
- Oreilly, C., & Chatman, J. "Organizational commitment and psychological attachment: The effects of compliance, identification, and internalization on prosocial behavior", Journal of Applied Psychology, 71, pp.492-499. 1986. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.71.3.492 https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.71.3.492
- Myeong-Ho,Jeong & Ji-Hye,Pak & Hyeong-Gu, Kim & Hong-Seok,Oh,, "supportive social relationships and behavior: group and organizational level through the multi-layered analysis of the nature of the relationship", "HR Research", 16(4), pp.41-74. 2008.
- Young-Bok,Cho & Kyung-Won,Kim., "Social network characteristics of job performance and Study on the Effects of cooperative behavior", Human Resource Management Research Article, 18(1). pp.87-110. 2011.
- Sun-Deok,Cheon., "A Study about Influence on Job Stress Factors with Leader-Member Exchange, Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Intention of Turnover", Tourism Research Journal, 20(1) pp.17-34 2006.
- Meglino, B., Ravlin, E., & Adkins, C., "A work values approach to corporate culture: A field test of the value congruence process and its relationship to individual outcomes", Journal of Applied Psychology, 74, pp. 424-432. 1989. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.74.3.424 https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.74.3.424
- Hye-Jeong,Kim "Private-fitness value liver tissue Study on the Effect of Organizational Commitment", Ewha Womans University, a master's degree thesis, 2004
- Jin-Seop,Song and Tae-Yong,Yu., "between the value of the individual and the organization meets the individual's impact on attitudes and behavior", Korea Journal of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 18(2),pp.361-384.2005.
- Sung-Hoon, Park & Dong-Jun, Kim, "social enterprise organizational citizenship behavior and its antecedents match for the moderating effects of shared vision and values ", Human Resource Management Research, 18(3), pp.25-54. 2011.
- Hak-Soo, Kim., & Sang-Sun, Kwon., "Personal and Job Characteristics Study on the Effects of cooperative behavior: the mediating effect of psychological empowerment and individual -organizational values match, the moderating effect of collectivist values", Journal of Business
- Baron, B. M. & Kenny, D. A. "The Moderator, Mediator Variable Distinction in Social Psychological Research: Conceptual, Strategic, and Statistical Considerations", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1986. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.113 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1683