- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Influencing Factors of Convergence Products' Utility
디지털 컨버전스 제품의 효용에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 연구
- Ko, Mi-Hyun (Division of Policy Research Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information) ;
- Kwon, Sun-Dong (Division of Management Information System, Chungbuk University)
- Received : 2013.07.31
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
This study is research of actual proof on verification of the user's utility about mobile convergence products and the types of convergence categorize into four types according to their characteristics. Four types of convergence; (1)Open service via scalable internet, (2)Close service dependent on mobile phones, (3)Broadcast services such as DMB, (4)Individual products such as camera based on digital technology. The purpose of research model is to identify differences in effect value of the types of mobile convergence according to its usage level and level of quality. As the result of this study, Usage level of open service/individual products had a significant effect on the user's utility about mobile convergence products, Also Level of quality of open service had a significant effect.
Convergence product;Convergence pattern;Convergence products' utility
- M. S. Suh, J. W. Ahn, E. K. Lee, and, D T. Oh, "Purchasing Avoidance of Digital Convergence Products: Focusing on the Customer's Psychological Factors and the Innovation Resistance", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp.270-284, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.1.270 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.1.270
- J. H. Na, "Three Paradoxes in the Digital Convergence Era", LG Economic Research Institute, Vol. 497, pp.24-28, 2002.
- T. Y. Joen, "The Influence of Converging Patterns on Consumer Acceptance of Convergence Product", Konkuk University, 2007.
- N. Negroponte, Being Digital, London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1995.
- W. Hanson, Principles of Internet Marketing, South-Western College Publishing, Cincinnati, OH, 1999.
- G. M. Choi, C, H. Yeon, H, K, Kim, and, B, D. Heo, "Digital Convergence in IT Converged Services", Information and Communications, pp.8-15, May, 2010.
- D. Yoffie, Introduction: Chess and competing in the age of digital convergence - Competing in the Age of Digital Convergence, Boston: Harvard Business School Press, 1997.
- European Commission(EU), Green paper on the convergence of the telecommunicaions, Media and information technology sectors, and the implications for regulation, Brussels, 1997.
- A. J. Kim, The Trend and Research of Convergence according to Development Actors, The Weekly Trend of Technology, Vol. 1303, pp.17-18, July, 2007.
- ITU, World Telecommunication Development Report 1995 - Information Infrastructures, International Telecommunications Union, Geneva, 1995.
- J. Meyers-Levy, and A. M. Tybout, "Schema congruity as a basis for product evaluation", Journal of consumer research, 1989. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/209192 https://doi.org/10.1086/209192
- G. S. Carpenter, R. Glazer, and, K. Nakamoto, "Meaningful Brands from Meaningless Differentiation", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol 31, pp.339-350, August, 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/3152221 https://doi.org/10.2307/3152221
- D. Thompson, R. W. Hamilton, and, T. R. Roland, "Feature Fatigue: When Product Capabilities Become Too Much of A Good Thing", Marketing Science Working Paper, Vol. 5, No. 101, pp.27-47, 2005.
- K. L. Keller, and R. Stealin, "Effects of Quality and Quantity of Information on Decision Effectiveness", Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 14(September), pp.200-213, 1987. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/209106 https://doi.org/10.1086/209106
- J. Farrell, and C. Shapiro, "Dynamic Competition with Switching Costs", Rand Journal of Economics, Vol. 19(Spring), pp.123-137, 1988. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/2555402 https://doi.org/10.2307/2555402
- B. Harlam, A. Krishna, D. R. Lehmann, and, C. Mela, "The Impact of Bundle Type, Price Framing and Familiarity on Evaluation of the Bundle", Journal of Business Research, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp.57-66, 1995. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(94)00014-6 https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(94)00014-6
- M. S. Yadav, and K. B. Monroe, "How Buyers Perceive Savings in a Bundle Price : an Examination of a Bundle's Transaction Value", Journal of Marketing Research, pp.350-358, August. 1993. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/3172886 https://doi.org/10.2307/3172886
- Y. J. Joo, and M. J. Lee, "Comparison between effects of buying factors on two consumer segments by innovative behavior for digital convergence product", Management Science and Financial Engineering, Vol.25, No. 1, pp.169-191, March, 2008.
- Jevons, W. S., "The Theory of Political Economy", London: Macmillan, 1871.
- H. Y. Jung and S. H. Kim, "An Empirical Study on Development of IS Evaluation Indices", Korean Management Review, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp.155-189. 2003.
- K. J. Ju, "Relationship among User Characteristic, System Characteristic, User Utility and Effectiveness of IS", Keimyung University, 2004.
- J. S. Baek, "The study for the utility of communication channel", Korea University, 2010.
- Holbrook, M. B. and Hurschman, E. C., "Hedonic Consumption: Emerging Concepts, Method and Propositions", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 46, pp.92-101, 1982. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/1251707 https://doi.org/10.2307/1251707
- Keller, K. L., "Conceptualizing, Measuring, Managing Customrt-Based Brand Equity", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp.1-22, 1993. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/1252054 https://doi.org/10.2307/1252054
- Baker, M. J. and Gilbert, A. C., "The Impact of Physically Attractive Models on Advertising Evaluation", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 14, pp.538-555 1977. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/3151194 https://doi.org/10.2307/3151194
- Dodds, W. B., Kent, B. M., and Dhruv, G., "Effects of Price, Brand, and Store Information on Buyers Product Evaluation", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 28, pp.307-319, 1991. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/3172866 https://doi.org/10.2307/3172866
- D. Tapscott, and A. Caston, Paradigm Shift, McGraw-Hill, pp.6-27, 1993.
- H. R. Kim, S. M. Hong, and, M. K. Lee, "Consumer Evaluations of Convergence Products", Korean Marketing Association, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp.1-20, 2005.
- D. A. Aaker, and K. L. Keller, "Consumer Evaluation of Brand Extension", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 54, No. 1, pp.27-41, 1990 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/1252171 https://doi.org/10.2307/1252171
- P. Dancin, and D. C. Smith, "The Effect of Brand Portfolio Characteristics on Consumer Evaluations", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol 31, pp.229-242, May, 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/3152196 https://doi.org/10.2307/3152196
- C. W. Park, S. Milberg, and, R. Lawson, "Evaluation of brand extensions: the role of product feature similarity and brand concept consistency", Journal of consumer research, 1991. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/209251 https://doi.org/10.1086/209251
- D. Smith, and C. W. Park, "The Effects of Brand Extensions on Market Share and Advertising Efficiency", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 29(August), pp.296-313, 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/3172741 https://doi.org/10.2307/3172741
- S. M. Broniaczyk, and J. W. Alba, "The Importance of the Brand in Brand Extension", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 31(may), pp.214-228, 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/3152195 https://doi.org/10.2307/3152195
- A. Parasuraman, V. A. Zeithmaml, and, L. L. Berry, "Reassessment of Expectations as a Comperison Standard in Measuring Service Quality: Implication for Future Research", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 58, pp.111-124, 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/1252255 https://doi.org/10.2307/1252255
- J. Y. Jung, and J. R. Cho, "A study of developing Customer Satisfaction Index(CSI) used for Structural Equation Model(SEM) and applications of customers' decision - focused on the domestic automobile industry", Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp.85-97, 2003.
- E. W. Anderson, C. Fornell, and, D. R. Lehmann, "Customer Satisfaction, Market Share, and Profitability: Finding from Sweden", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 58(July), pp.53-66, 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/1252310 https://doi.org/10.2307/1252310
- V. Bruce, P. R. Green, and, M. A. Georgeson, "Visual perception: physiology, psychology, & ecology", Psychology Press, New York, NY, 2003.
- M. Holbrook, and R. Zirlin, "Artistic Creation, Artworks, And Esthetic Appreciation: Some Philosophical Contributions to Nonprofit Marketing," In Advances in Nonprofit Marketing, Vol 1, pp.1-54, 1985.
- J. A. Czepiel, and L. J. Rosenberg, "Consumer satisfaction: Concept and measurement", Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp.403-411, 1977. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF02722070 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02722070
- H. B. Peter, F. B. Frederic, and, J. A. Todd, "Individual Differences in the Centrality of Visual Product Aesthetics: Concept and Measurement", Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 29(March), pp.551-565, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1086/346250
- S. H. Kim, High-Tech Marketing, Seoul, PakYoungSa, 2004.
- A. Dhebar, "Speeding High-Tech Producers, Meet the Balking Consumer", Sloan Management Review, Vol. 37, pp.37-54, 1996.
- A. Eagly, and S. Chaiken, "The Psychology of Attitudes", New York, N. Y., Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1993.
- R. L. Oliver, Satisfaction: A Behavior Perspective on the Consumer, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1997.
- P. A. Labarbera, and D. Mazursky, "A Longitudinal Assessment of Consumer Satisfaction/Dissatisfaction: The Dynamic Aspects of The Cognitive Process", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 20(November), pp.393-404, 1983. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/3151443 https://doi.org/10.2307/3151443
- D. Halstead, and T. J. Page, "The Effects of Satisfaction and Complaining Behavior on Consumer Repurchase intentions", Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior, vol. 5, pp.1-11, 1992.
- D. Gefen, and D. Straub, "A Practical Guide to Factorial Validity Using PLS-Graph: Tutorial and Annotated Example," Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 16, pp.91-10, 2005.
- C. Fornell, and D. Larcker, "Evaluating Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 18 No. 1, pp.39-50, 1981. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/3151312 https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- D. Barclay, C. Higgins, and, R. Thomson, "The Partial Least Squares Approach to Causal Modeling, Personal Computer Adoption and Use as an Illustration," Technology studies, Vol. 2 No 2, pp.285-309, 1995.
- W. W. Chin, and P. A. Todd, "On the Use, Usefulness, and Ease of Use of Structural Equation Modeling in MIS Research: A Note of Caution", MIS Quarterly, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp.237-246, 1995. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/249690 https://doi.org/10.2307/249690
- KISA(Korea Internet & Security Agency), "Using State Survey of Smart Phone", Korea Internet & Security Agency, 2010