- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Relationships of Fatigue to Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention among Clinical Nurses at Small & Medium-Sized Hospitals
중소병원 간호사의 피로와 직무만족 및 이직의도와의 관계
- Choi, So-Eun (Nursing Department, Mokpo National University) ;
- Kim, Sang-Dol (Nursing Department, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2013.06.13
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
This is a descriptive study to identify relationships of fatigue to job satisfaction and turnover intention among clinical nurses. The subjects were 162 clinical nurses at 2 small and medium-sized hospitals in K and B cities. The data were collected from February 1st throughout 28th, 2013. The collected data were analyzed using the SAS program through
Fatigue;Job Satisfaction;Turnover Intention
- S. J. Chang, S. B. Koh, M. G. Kang, et al., "Correlates of self-related fatigue in korean employees", Journal of Preventive Medicine Public Health, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 71-81, 2005.
- S. Tabone, "Nurse fatigue: the human factor. Texas Nursing", Vol. 78, No. 5, pp. 8-10, 2004.
- Canadian Nurse Association, "Evaluating the impact of nurse fatigue on patient safety", Canadian Nurses, Vol. 104, No. 8, p. 18, 2008.
- S. Tabone, "Data suggest nurse fatigue threatens patient safety: is prescribing the nurse's work hours the only answer?", Texas Nursing, Vol. 78, No. 2, pp. 4-7, 2004.
- L. M. Barker & M. A. Nussbaum, "Fatigue, performance and the work environment: a survey of registered nurses", Journal of Advanced Nursing, Vol. 67, No. 6, pp. 1370-1382, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2010.05597.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2010.05597.x
- L. M. Barker & M. A. Nussbaum, "The effects of fatigue on performance in simulated nursing work", Ergonomics, Vol. 54, No. 9, pp. 815- 29, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00140139.2011.597878 https://doi.org/10.1080/00140139.2011.597878
- K. Reed, "Nursing fatigue and staffing costs: What's the connection?", Nursing Management, Vol. 44, No. 4, pp. 47-50, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/01.NUMA.0000428198.52507.0a https://doi.org/10.1097/01.NUMA.0000428198.52507.0a
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, OECD Health Data 2012[cited 2012 September 4], Available From: http://www.mw.go.kr(accessed May 11, 2013)
- M. Sandy, "Effects of rotating night shifts: literature review", Journal of Advanced Nursing, Vol. 50, No. 4, pp. 433-439, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2005.03409.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2005.03409.x
- M. J. Schaffner, "Source, antecedents and consequences of work-related nurse fatigue: a preliminary evidence-based model", Unpublished :doctoral dissertation, Medical University of South Carolina, 2006.
- E. S. Choi & M. S. Song, "Concept analysis : Fatigue", Journal of Korean Woman's Healthcare Nursing, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 61-69, 2003.
- K. M. Lee, "Study on relationship of work stress, fatigue, and job satisfaction of emergency room nurses. Unpublished master thesis. Chonnam National University, Gwang-Ju 2003.
- M. O. Oh, M. H. Sung, & Y. W. Kim, "Job stress, job satisfaction and commitment to organization in emergency department nurses", Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol. 17. No. 2, pp. 215-229, 2011.
- H. Y. So, H. S. Yoon, & Y. C. Cho, "Effects of quality of sleep and related factors for fatigue symptoms of nurses in an university hospital", Journal of Korean Adult Nursing, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 513-525, 2008.
- Y. S. Byeon, "The effects of 2 or 3 shift rotation on the fatigue and sleep", The Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science", Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 5-15, 2005.
- H. Y. Jun, J. H. Park, & H. B. Yim, "Study of the relationship between job satisfaction and the fatigue of clinical nurses", Bulletin of Dongnam Health College, Vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 95-107, 2000.
- K. H. Lee, & J. Y. Kim, "Effects of shiftwork nurses' fatigue on job stress and turnover intention", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 74-82, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2011.20.1.074 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2011.20.1.074
- S. Y. Kim, I. S. Kwon, & Y. C. Cho, "Relationship between job stress and fatigue symptoms among nurses in a university hospital", Journal of the Korea Academi-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 1759-1768, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.4.1759
- S. N. Park, "The effect of aroma inhalation on sleep and fatigue recovery in night shift nurses", Unpublished master's thesis, Chashon University of Medicine and Science, Incheon, 2011.
- Y. J. Song, "Study on the effect of emotional hardship on job satisfaction and turnover of nurses", Unpublished master thesis, Catholic University, Seoul, 2011.
- S. M. Wi, & Y. J. Yi, "Influence of emotional labor on job satisfaction, intent to leave, and nursing performance of clinical nurses", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 310-39, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.3.310 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.3.310
- B. J. Jeong, H. S. Kim, & S. K. Hwang, et al., "A study on according to the nursing shortage of job satisfaction and turnover intention of nurses", The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol. 5, No. 1. pp. 15-29, 2011.