- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of Music by Guitarist Jim Hall : Based on 'Careful' and 'Waltz New'
기타리스트 Jim Hall의 음악분석 : 'Careful'과 'Waltz New'를 중심으로
- Kim, Joong-Hoy (Dept. of Applied Music, Yeoju Institute of Technology)
- 김중회 (여주대학 실용음악과)
- Received : 2013.08.13
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
This research is the comparative analysis of Jim Hall's master work "Careful" and "Waltz New" who is the most influential guitar player of the present day. I tried to analysis musical inclination and direction comparison with contemporary musicians in this study. Jim Hall wasn't the person who did satisfy with only playing guitar as a famous artist but trying to research and create a new thing continuously with this his music. I am considering that his music has been great implications for contemporary direction.
Careful;Jim Hall;Direction;Musicians;Waltz New
- Edward Lee, "Jazz: an Introduction, P.144, Sam Ho.1992.
- Mark C. Gridley, Jazz Styles P.189, 159, 277, Sam ho, 1993
- Jim Hall, Exploring jazz guitar p.6.76. Hal Leonard publishing corporation,1991
- Adam Perlmutter, Guitar signature licks, p.4 Hal Leonard corporation, 2009
- Jack Perricone, Melody in Songwriting p.73 Berklee Press/Hyun Yuel music, 2002
- David Liebman, A Chromatic Approach To Jazz Harmony And Melody, p.48-56 Advance Music, 1991, 2001
- Jazz Theory, Mark levine, p127-154 Sher Music Co.1995
- Ted Pease, Jazz Composition, p.149-157 Berklee Press/Hal-Leonard, 2003
- Andy Jaffe, Jazz Harmony, p.41-45 Advance Music, 1996.
- Wynton Marsalis, Marsalis On Music, p.84-88 Life and Dream Publishimg Co. 1996.
- Gil Goldstein, Jazz Composer's Companion, p.31,39. Advance Music 1993.
- The New Real Book 1, p.389, Sher Music Co. 1988