- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Structural Design of the Outer Tie Rod for an Electrical Vehicle
전기 자동차용 아우터 타이로드의 구조설계
- Seo, Bu-Kyo (Graduate school, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Kim, Jong-Kyu (DTechnical Center, Central Corporation) ;
- Lee, Dong-Jin (DTechnical Center, Central Corporation) ;
- Seo, Sun-Min (DTechnical Center, Central Corporation) ;
- Lee, Kwon-Hee (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Park, Young-Chul (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A University)
- 서부교 (동아대학교 대학원 기계공학과) ;
- 김종규 ((주)센트랄 중앙연구소) ;
- 이동진 ((주)센트랄 중앙연구소) ;
- 서선민 ((주)센트랄 중앙연구소) ;
- 이권희 (동아대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 박영철 (동아대학교 기계공학과)
- Received : 2013.07.24
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
Outer tie rod is lighter than other, but there is the trend item weight and the number is increasing due to vehicle performance improvement. Thus, to improve vehicle fuel efficiency, weight lightening is essential. Therefore, this research performed the finite element analysis to investigate the structural performance of the outer tie rod for an electrical vehicle. This study was performed as the preliminary study for a lightweight design of the outer tie rod. The weight of outer tie rod was optimized by adopting the steel material and applying the trial and error method. The strengths due to durability and buckling should be considered in the structural design of an outer tie rod. Furthermore, the meta model-based optimization was applied to obtain its lightweight design, leading to 9 % weigh reduction.
Buckling;Finite Element Method;OTR(Outer Tie Rod);Steering System
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- J.K. Kim, S.M. Seo, Y.J. Kim, D.J. Lee, S. Lee, Y.C. Park, K.H. Lee "Structural Performance Test of Optimized Outer Tie Rod," Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 82-87 2012
- Song B. C., Park Y. C., Kang S. W., Lee K. H.,"Structural Optimization of an Upper Control Arm, Considering the Strength," Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol. 223, No. 6, pp. 727-735, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1243/09544070JAUTO1090 https://doi.org/10.1243/09544070JAUTO1090
- K.H.Ko, S.C.Choi, "A study on the improvement of vehicle fuel economy by fuel-cut" ournal of The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 498-503, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.2.498 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.2.498
- J.W.Jo, M.S.Han, "A Study on Simulation Analysis of Fatigue Deformation at Automotive Arm" Journal of The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 427-431, 2007.
- S.I.song, K.j.Bae, K.H.Lee, G.G. Park, "Lightweight Design for Automotive Door Using Optimizations and Design of Experiments," Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol.10, No.1, 2002, pp. 125-132.
- Y.C.Park, D.P.Yun, G.J.Han, M.H. Bae, D.B.Jin, B.J.Lee, "Stress Analysis of Lower Arm for Change of Section Shape(1)," Transactions of Korea Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol.6, 1998,pp. 99-107.
- MSC. Software Corporation. (2007). MSC.Fatigue BASIC User's Guide. Santa Ana. California.
- J.K.Kim, Y.M.Kwon, Y.C.Park, K.H.Lee, "Shape Design of an Outer Tie Rod, Considering Durability Criteria" Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 54-60, 2009.
- J.M.Ryoo, J.S.Yang, K.J.Han, "A study in Vehicle durability test method with 4post Road Simulator" Journal of The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, pp. 1571-1575, 2009.
- Lightweight Design of an Outer Tie Rod Using Meta-Model Based Optimization Technique vol.16, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7754