- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Heat Transfer Analysis of Medium-Size Crankshaft during Induction Heating
유도가열시 중형 크랭크샤프트의 열전달 해석
- Park, Sang-Chul (Department of Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Koje College)
- 박상철 (거제대학교 조선해양공학과)
- Received : 2013.06.17
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
This study was peformed to determine optimum induction heating conditions for a round bar of crankshaft. Four induction heating conditions were proposed and evaluated, employing numerical method, based on electromagnetic and sequential heat transfer analyses, resulting in optimum induction heating conditions which are finally proposed based on peak temperatures at heating zone and minimum temperature gradient through thickness of a round bar after 1 hour induction heating.
Crankshaft;Electromagnetic & Thermal Analyses;Induction Heating;Numerical Analysis
- Induction Heating Handbook, J. Davies and P. Simpson, McGraw-Hill Edition, 1979.
- K. Sadeghipour, J. A. Dopkin and K. Li : "A Computer Aided Finite Element/Experimental Analysis of Induction Heating Process of Steel", Computers in Industry, Vol. 28, pp. 195-205, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0166-3615(95)00072-0 https://doi.org/10.1016/0166-3615(95)00072-0
- F. Dughiero, S. Lupi and S. Ponchiroli : "The Prediction of Thermal Transients in the Induction Heating of Rectangular Billets", The Int. J. Comp. Math. Electr. Electr. Engineering, Vol. 19, pp. 712-717, 2000.
- J.G.Kang, J.H.Lee and J.G.Shin : "Numerical Analysis of Induction Heating for the Application of Line Heating", Journal of the Society of Naval Architecture of Korea, Vol. 37, pp. 110-121, 2000.
- Introduction to Heat Transfer, F.P.Incropera & D.P. De Witt, John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2007.
- H.S.Jang, J.S.Lee and D.K.Park : "Heat Analysis for Heat Sink Design Using Finite Element Method", Journal of the Korea Academia-Indus-trial Cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 1027-1032, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.3.1027
- T.W.Lim and D.H.Cho : "Study on Heat Transfer Characteristic of Shell-and-Tube Heat Ex-changer with Plate Fin", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 46-51, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.1.046 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.1.046
- ANSYS Users' Manual Version 8.1, 2007.