- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Vibration Parameters for High Speed Face Milling Machining
고속 정면밀링가공을 위한 진동 파라미터에 관한 연구
- Jang, Sung-Min (Dept. of Naval Architecture & Mechanics, Chosun College of Science & Tec.) ;
- Lee, Seung-Il (Dept. of Railway Vehicle System Engineering, Korea Transportation Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2013.06.13
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
High speed machining for higher cutting speed and feedrate lead to a increase of surface quality and material removal rate. This paper presents a study of the influence of cutting conditions on the vibration characteristics obtained by machining with face milling cutter for high speed machining. In this paper, Taguchi experimental design method which is based on orthogonal array table was applied to study vibration characteristics with high speed face milling cutter. The experimental conditions used orthogonal array of
Face milling cutter;S/N ratio;Taguchi experimental design method;Vibration characteristics
- S. L. Oh, D. H. Chin, M. C. Yoon, I. I. Ryoo, M. K. Ha, "Chatter Mode and Stability Boundary Analysis in Turning" Transactions of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 7-12, 2005.
- M. C. Yoon, H. D. Cho, S. K. Kim, Y. K. Kim, "A Study on the Modeling and Analysis of Chatter in Turning Operation" Transactions of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 76-83, 2001.
- Y. K. Kim, M. C. Yoon, M. K. Ha, S. B. Sim, "A Study on the behaviors of chatter in milling operation", Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 123-132, 2002.
- M. K. Kim, "Diagnosis of Chatter Vibration using Frequency Domain in a Milling Process" Transactions of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 12-18, 2001.
- S. M. Jang, M. J. Maeng, M. W. Cho, "Development of Face Milling Cutter Body System for High Speed Machining", Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, Vol. 21, No. 12, pp. 21-28, 2004.
- W. H. Yang, Y. S. Tarng, "Design optimization of cutting parameters for turning operations based on the Taguchi method," Journal of Materials Processing Technology 84, pp.122-129, 1998. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(98)00079-X https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(98)00079-X
- S. M. Jang, M. W. Cho, W. S. Cho, D. S. Park, "Analysis of Cutting Parameters for Si3N4-hBN Machinable Ceramics using Tungsten Carbide Tool", Transaction of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 36-43, 2003.
- S. M. Jang, "Development of Face Milling Cutter Body System and Cutting Reliability Evaluation for Precision High Speed Machining of Light Metals", Doctoral Dissertation, Inha University Graduate School, pp. 128-141, 2004.