- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Research for Effective Vibrational Rapping Performance of Multiple Electrostatic Precipitators in Series and Parallel Arrangements
전기집진기의 직렬 및 병렬식 배열에 따른 효율적인 진동 탈진에 대한 연구
- Choi, Ji-Hyun (Division of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Ho (Division of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam University)
- Received : 2013.06.12
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
One of the most significant requisite that should be considered for effective rapping of the electrostatic precipitator using electromagnetic vibration exciter is vibration acceleration and resonance frequency of collecting plates. This vibration acceleration shows its peak points when natural frequencies of the system are corresponded with excitation frequency from the power source, and effective rapping performance can be expected. In this research, extend view of single electrostatic precipitator using one electromagnetic vibration exciter, the system was remodeled by arrangement of the exciters in view of multiple modules of the electrostatic precipitator in fields. And vibration acceleration measurement experiment is performed and measured values are compared with these remodeled systems. By this experimental comparison in series and parallel arrangement, effectiveness of arrangement methods for the electromagnetic vibration exciter, expected rapping performance, and power consumption are verified.
Electromagnetic Vibration Exciter;Natural Frequency;Series and Parallel Arrangements;Vibration Acceleration
- J.H Choi, J.H Kim, B.D Lim, J.H Kim, Mathematical Vibration Modeling for an Electrostatic Precipitator System. Journal of Vibroengineering, Vol. 15, Issue 1, No. 955, 2013.
- K.Y Yoo, M.D Oh, J.S Lee, Improvement of Submicron Particle Charging and Collection Performance in 2-Stage Parallel Plate Electrostatic Precipitators, The Society of Air-Conditioning and Refrigerating Engineers of Korea, Summer Symposium Collection of Dissertations, pp. 395-401, 1996.
- W.S Hong, Y.J Kim, H.O Choi,, J.W Lee,, B.K Ha, B.H Ham, G.S Yoo, An Experimental Study on Electrostatic Precipitator, Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, Collection of Dissertations, Vol. 1, pp. 95-102, 1994.
- Y.J Kim, W.S Hong, S.H Jeong, B.K Ha, D.H Ha, J.S Yoo, A Numerical Study on the Collection Characteristics of a Wide Plate - Spacing Electrostatic Precipitator, The Society of Air-Conditioning and Refrigerating Engineers of Korea, Collection of Dissertations, Vol. 13, Issue 12, pp. 1205-1213, 2001.