- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Warpage analysis of a Door Carrier Plate in the injection molding Considering the characteristics of LFT
LFT소재 특성을 고려한 Door Carrier Plate 변형 해석
- You, Ho-Young (School of Mechanical Engineering, Ulsan College) ;
- Park, Sihwan (School of Mechanical Engineering, Ulsan College)
- Received : 2013.07.09
- Accepted : 2013.08.07
- Published : 2013.08.31
The modularization accomplished a big contribution in cost down and assembly-time shortening and the quality increase. But few improvements were made to this design largely due to the inflexibility of steel. In recent years, door modules made of PP-LFT material is manufactured using injection molding method. As a result, the plastic door modules allow more flexibility of door shape and become lighter. Warpage is generally large in the molded plastic door carrier plate due to the limitation of gate location and the fiber orientation. So after a few test injection the mold compensation processing for the improvement of an assembly characteristic. This research was performed to determine the factors that contribute to warpage for a injection-molded door carrier plate and presented differences in three mesh types of meshing method and its results. as a result we can improve process of tooling modification can reduce process of trial and error.
Injection molding;LFT;Mesh type;Warpage
- Lee hyeonggon, "Development of Vehicle Door Module Systems Using Thermoplastic PP Long Glass Fiber", master's thesis, Retrieved from http://dspace.inha.ac.kr/handle/10505/8599
- Jin Wang, Xiaoshi Jin, "Comparison of recentfiber orientation models in autodesk moldflow insight simulation with measured fiber orientation data", Proceedings of the Polymer Processing Society 26th Annual Meetings, pp. 4-8, July, 2010.
- Tae-Jung Lho, Kyung-Soo Lim, "An analysis of plastic injection molding process for automobile gearbox cover by moldflow" The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.9, No.6, pp.1494-1499, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2008.9.6.1494 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2008.9.6.1494
- Seung-Hyun Lim, Kang-Il Jeon, Young-Gon Son and Dong-Hak Kim, "Estimation of viscosity of by compaing the simulated pressure profile from CAE analysis with the Long Fiber Thermoplastic(LFT) measuring cavity pressure" The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.12, No.4, pp.1982-1987, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.4.1982
- S. Vinay Seeba, S. Srikari, V. K. Banthia , "Design and analysis of a plastic door module for car body application" SASTECH, Vol.9, Issue.1, pp.1-8, April, 2010.
- Numerical modeling and dynamic simulation of automotive power window system with a single regulator vol.18, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-017-0082-9