- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Nurse's Competency Empowerment and Boss' Job Competency Recognition Level on Work Performance
간호사의 간호역량과 상사의 직무역량 인식정도가 업무성과에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Hye Sook (Department of Nursing, Chodang University) ;
- Min, Soon (Chosun Nursing College) ;
- Im, Sun Im (Department of Health Science, Graduate School, Chosun University)
- Received : 2012.10.06
- Accepted : 2013.01.19
- Published : 2013.05.31
Purpose: This study is to investigate the effect of nurse's competency empowerment and boss' job competency recognition on work performance. Methods: 216 nurses participated for data collection which was conducted from September 1, 2011 to September 10, 2011. The collected data were analyzed with SPSS/WIN 16.0 and with frequency test, ANOVA, Scheff
- Benner, P. (1982). Issues in competency-based testing. Nursing outlook, 30 (5), 303-309.
- Byeon, H. S., & Jang, K. S. (2000). A study on the nursing managerial competency of head nurses in general hospitals. Chonnam Journal of Nursing Sciences, 5 (1), 135-150.
- Campbell, B., & Mackay, G. (2001). Continuing competence: An Ontario nursing regulatory program that supports nurses and employers. Nurs Adm Q, 25 (2), 22-30. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006216-200101000-00006
- Chang, Y. H., Cho, Y. S., & Kwak, M. J. (2006). A study of factors related nursing competency in nurses. Clinical Nursing Research, 12 (1), 7-19.
- Choi, K. J. (2006). A study on effect of job characteristics on job satisfaction moderated by individual competency. Unpublished master's thesis, Dankook University, Seoul.
- Corbin, J. (1993). Competencies for electronic information services. The Public-Access Computer Systems Review, 4 (6), 17-25.
- Drenkard, K., & Cohen, E. (2004). Clinical nurse leader: Moving toward future. The Journal of Nursing Administration, 34 (6), 257-260. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005110-200406000-00001
- Ha, N. S., & Choi, J. (2010). An analysis of nursing competency affecting on job satisfaction and nursing performance among clinical nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 16 (3), 286-294. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.3.286
- Jang, K. S. (2000). A Study on establishment of clinical career development model of nurses. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Kim, I. S., Lee, M. H., Jang, K. S., & Ha, N. S. (2000). Nursing management. Seoul, Hyunmoonsa.
- Kim, S. I., & Kim, J. A. (1997). A study on nursing unit culture. efficiency on nursing performance. Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 3 (2), 17-40.
- Kim, S. J., Choi, M. S., & Sung, K. W. (2010). Variables affecting competency of nurses in nursing homes. Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing, 12 (1), 29-39.
- Lee, Y. H. (2000). a study on the effectiveness of empowerment approach: About the self support program of community welfare center. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Min, S., & Kim, H. S. (2005). Correlation between perception of nurses about transformational leadership and nursing performance. Daehan Journal of Business, 18 (2), 871-885.
- Min, S., Jeong, Y. J., Kim, H. S., Rho, I. S., Ha, Y. H., Kim, E. A., et al. (2010). The effect of organizational tendency on work performance: Focusing on welfare facilities for the aged. Daehan Journal of Business, 23(5), 2609-2628.
- Northcott, N. (1977). Reflections on performance. Nursing Times, 93 (26), 49-52.
- Park, S. A. (1989). An exploratory study on the relationship between leadership style and performance in Korean nursing units. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Park. S. J. (2007). A Study on the leisure life and job products by 5 day work week system: Focused on civil servants in Gyeryong and Nonsan City. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Konyang University, Daejeon.
- Queen, V. A. (1995). Performance evaluation: Building blocks for credentialing and career advancement. Nurs Manage, 26 (9), 52-57.
- Spencer, L. M., & Spencer, S. M. (1993). Competency at work: Models for superior performance. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Sullivan, J., Bretschneider, J., & MaCausland, M. P. (2003). Designing a leadership development program for nurse manager. The Journal of Nursing Administration, 33 (10), 544-549. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005110-200310000-00010
- Sung, Y. H., & Jeong, J. H. (2006). Defining the core competencies of the nurses in a tertiary hospital and comparing different units based on their respective characteristics. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 12 (1), 76-93.
- Yu, G. W., Min, S., Ha, Y. J., Na, S. S., & Kim, H. S. (2009). The influence of nurses' perceived organizational culture type on organization efficiency at the public health center. Daehan Journal of Business, 22 (1), 525-550.
- Zhang, Z., Luk, W., Arthur, D., & Wong, T. (2001). Nursing competencies: Personal characteristics contributing to effective nursing performance. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 33 (4), 467-474. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.2001.01688.x
- The Effect of Core Competencies and Cognition of Job Competency of Their Senior Nurses on Work Performance in Hospital Nurses vol.19, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.4.617
- Influence of teamwork skill and decision making competency on nursing work performance vol.27, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2016.27.5.1361
- Role of Self-leadership and Social Support in the Relationship between Job Embeddedness and Job Performance among General Hospital Nurses vol.21, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.4.375