- Volume 21 Issue 6
This study investigates the strength durability on the results of structural and vibration analysis due to the shape of excavator wheel. As model 2 has the least stress by comparing three models with maximum equivalent stress, model 2 has most durability among three models at static analysis. Maximum equivalent stress is shown at the bottom part contacted with ground and this part on wheel is most affected by load in cases of all models. Safety factor can be decided with the value of 2.3 by considering the yield stress of this model. The range of maximum harmonic response frequencies becomes 6900 to 7000Hz. As model 2 has the least total deformation and equivalent stress at these critical frequencies, model 2 has the most durability at vibration analysis among three models. The structural and vibration analysis results in this study can be effectively utilized with the design of excavator wheel by investigating prevention and durability against its damage.
Excavator wheel;Structural analysis;Safety factor;Vibration analysis;Harmonic response frequencie;Strength durability
- C. H. Kang, K. C. Shin, S. T. Kim and Y. S. Kim, "The Current Status and Improvement Scheme of Safety Management on the Heavy Construction Equipment Operation," KICEM Fall Conference Proceedings, pp.397-400, 2002.
- J. M. Seo, K. K. Han, J. Y. Lim and S. K. Kim, "Analysis of Cause of Excavator Safety Accidents according to the Accident Case Study," KICEM Conference Proceedings, pp.450-454, 2007.
- H. H. Kim and G. Lee, "An Analysis of the Accident Types and Causes of Construction Cranes," KIC Spring Conference Proceedings, Vol.7, No,1, pp.109-112, 2007.
- Y. C. Yang, H. Choi and J. J. Kim, "A Study of Methods on Safety Checklist Improvement and Integrated Operation with Schedule for Construction Accident Prevention," Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol.5, No.2, pp.123-135, 2004.
- D. C. Kim and W. J. Kim, "A Plan of the Accident Classification System for the Analysis of Disaster Information in Construction Projects," Journal of AIK, Vol.17, No.11, pp.139-145, 2001.
- J. Y. Chung, S. B. Pyun, H. S. Yoo and S. H. Ahn, "An Optimal Design of Flywheel by the Automatic Mesh Generation and FSD," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.7, No.2, pp.279-287, 1999.
- H. L. Song and H. S. Kim, "A Study on Multi Pass Transmission System for a Flywheel Hybrid Vehicle," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.5, No.3, pp.106-116, 1997.
- J. Swanson, ANSYS Workbench 11.0, ANSYS Inc., USA, 2009.
- A Study on the Durability due to Fork Shape of Excavator Bucket vol.17, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.2.054