- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Impact of User Behavior, Contents, Function, Cost on Use Satisfaction and the Continued Use Intention of the N-screen Service Users
N 스크린 서비스의 이용행태, 콘텐츠, 기능, 비용이 이용 만족도와 지속이용의사에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
Kim, Dong-Woo;Lee, Yeong-Ju
- Received : 2013.08.02
- Accepted : 2013.09.26
- Published : 2013.09.30
This study aims to find out the influences of user behavior, content characteristics, functional factors and user's perception in cost on user satisfaction and continuous intention in N-Screen service. Web survey was conducted for 498 users who have used N screen service. The results show that the most influential factor contributing to user satisfaction is user interface. VOD diversity, payment system, cost, channel diversity are also meaningful factors. Identifying the critical factors which impact on user satisfaction, this study can provide the basic data for activating OTT service in smart media environment.
N Screen;user satisfaction;continued use intention;contents diversity;service quality
- Gyeong-su Oh, Determinants of Intention to Use toward N Screen Service for Potential User, Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol 12, No 9, 80-92. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.09.080
- Hyeong-geun Baek et al, Determinants of Intention to Use N-Screen Service among College Students, Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, Vol 27, No 1, 94-130, 2013.
- EBS, A Study of EBS multi-screen services, content distribution, and system preparation, EBS Research Report. 2012.
- Myung-ja Yang, Investigating the Factors Affecting Smart Phone Users' Intention to Pay for N-screen Services, Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, Vol 27, No 1, 131-166, 2013.
- Yun Han et al, Relationship between N-screen Service and Home TV: Focusing on the Korean Representative N-Screen Service, Tving, Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol 12, No 5, 144-153, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.05.144
- Ju-seong Hwang, Connected-device Use in the Multi-device Environment, Journal of Cybercommunication Academic Society, 131-171, 2012.
- Su-hyeon Kim, Effects of Functional Attributes of IPTV Service on the Purchase Intention, Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol 9, No 22, 261-269, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.2.261
- Cheol-ho Jeong, Effects of Contents Quality on User"s Satisfaction and Continuous Usage Intention in UCC Services, Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol 9, No 7, 294-303, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.7.294
- Zoller, E. & Doran, J. New dynamics in mobile TV and video: The emerging service landscape and competitive environment. OVUM. 2011.
- Jong-yun Lee, A Study on Acceptance Factors of Smart TV, Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, Vol 26, No 4, 386-430, 2012.
- Seock-il Ryu, Mobile Phone Problems and Solutions related to retail payment, Korea Consumer Agency report, 1-50, 2011.
- Mi-seon Sim, Exploring the Studies on the Multiple-media Using Patterns : Focusing on the Concept of Media Repertoires, Journal of Communication Research, Vol 47, No 2, 40-73, 2010. https://doi.org/10.22174/jcr.2010.47.2.40
- Bhattacherjee, A., Understanding Information Systems Continuance： An Expectation -Confirmation Model. Mis Quarterly, Vol 25, No 3, PP351-370. 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250921
- So-hye Im, N Screen Service Users' Motivations for Use and Dissatisfying Factors, Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol 13, No 3, 99-108, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.03.099
- Won-tae Lee et al, N-Screen Content Usage Experience and Future Policy Issues, KISDI Research Report.
- Young-geun Back, The Research on Effect of IPTV's properties on Reception Satisfaction and Continuous Use, Journal of Korea Internet e-Commerce Association, Vol 10, No 2, 191-205, 2010.
- Korean Movie Users' Media Usages and Motivation in N-screen Ages: The Comparison Among Koreans, Japanese and Chinese vol.13, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.655
- A Comparative study on difference in life satisfaction and user behavior of N-screen Service vol.13, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.59