- Volume 8 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Control System for Smart Medical Illumination Based on Voice Recognition
음성인식기반 스마트 의료조명 제어시스템
- Received : 2013.02.01
- Accepted : 2013.03.18
- Published : 2013.06.30
A voice recognition technology as a technology fundament plays an important role in medical devices with smart functions. This paper describes the implementation of a control system that can be utilized as a part of illumination equipment for medical applications (IEMA) based on a voice recognition. The control system can essentially be divided into five parts, the microphone, training part, recognition part, memory part, and control part. The system was implemented using the RSC-4x evaluation board which is included the micro-controller for voice recognition. To investigate the usefulness of the implemented control system, the experiments of the recognition rate was carried out according to the input distance for voice recognition. As a result, the recognition rate of the control system was more than 95% within a distance between 0.5 and 2m. The result verified that the implemented control system performs well as the smart control system based for an IEMA.
- C.H. Lee, J.L. Gauvain, R. Pieraccini. L.R. Rabiner, "Large vocabulary speech recognition using subword units," Speech Communication, Vol. 13, No. 3-4, pp.263-279, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6393(93)90025-G
- J. Manikandan, B. Venkataramani, " Design of a real time automatic speech recognition system using Modified One Against All SVM classifier," Microprocessors and Microsystems, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp.568-578, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micpro.2011.06.002
- S.H. Kloosterman, "Design and Implementation of a user-oriented speech recognition interface: the synergy of technology and human factors," Interacting with Computers, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp.41-60, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0953-5438(94)90004-3
- C.M. Rebman Jr., M.W. Aiken, C.G. Cegielski, "Speech recognition in the human-computer interface," Information & Management, Vol. 40, No. 6, pp.509-519, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(02)00067-8
- D.G. Choi, B.J. Yi, Y.S. Kim, "Implementation of Auto Surgical Illumination Robotic System Using Ultrasonic Sensor-Based Tracking Algorithm", Journal of Biomedical Engineering Research, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 363-368, 2007 (In Korean).
- Sensory, Inc., RSC-4x Target Board V2 Manual, 2007.
- Sensory, Inc., RSC-4x Demo/Evaluation V2 Manual, 2007.