- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Damage Characteristics of Korean Traditional Textiles by Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Concentrations
이산화질소(NO2) 농도에 따른 전통직물의 손상 특성
- Kim, Myoung Nam (Conservation Science Division, National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage) ;
- Lim, Bo A (Conservation Science Division, National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage) ;
- Kim, Seojin (Underwater Excavation & Conservation Division, National Research Institute of Maritime Cultural Heritage) ;
- Lee, Sun Myung (Conservation Science Division, National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage)
- Received : 2013.06.03
- Accepted : 2013.09.04
- Published : 2013.09.20
The gas acceleration test was conducted to identify the deterioration of Korean traditional textiles caused by
Supported by : 국립문화재연구소
Brimblecombe, P., Raychaudhuri, M., and Bowden, D., 2001, Surface reactions of deposited
$NO_2$in the museum environment. Indoor air quality in museum and historic properties, IAP 2001 Conference, 11-12.
- Conservation Science Division, 2011, Research on damage of cultural heritage by sulfur dioxide. National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage, Daejeon, 47. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Eric, M., and Marl, J., 2006, Conservation Science: Heritage Materials. RSC Publishing, Cambridge, 56, 81.
- Garry, T., 2005, The Museum Environment (2nd Ed.). Elsevier, Oxford, 151-153.
- Garside, P. and Wyeth, P., 2003, Identification of cellulosic fibres by FTIR spectroscopy-thread and single fibre analysis by attenuated total relectance. Studies in Conservation, 48, 269-275. https://doi.org/10.1179/sic.2003.48.4.269
- Hatchfield, P.B., 2002, Pollutants in the museum environment. Archetype Publications, London, 20, 11-20, 32.
- Havermans, J., 2010, The dutch archival act and harmonisation. Indoor air quality in museums and achives, IAQ 2010 Conference, 37.
- Industry-University Cooperation Foundation of Hanyang University, 2007, Development of conservation system for protection of movable cultural properties. National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage, Dajeon, 146-151, 178-183. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Johanna, N., Francisco, V., Sigbritt, K. and Jonny, B., Tommy, I., 2010, The validation of artificial ageing method for silk textiles using markers for chemical and physical properties of seventeenth-century silk. Studies in Conservation, 55, 55-65. https://doi.org/10.1179/sic.2010.55.1.55
- John, E., Yocom, P.E. and Alexander, R.S., 1980, A review of air pollutant damage to materials. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, North carolina, 36-46.
- Kim, J.P. and Lee, J.J., 2003, Natural dyes in Korea. Seoul National University Press, Seoul, 58-59. (in Korean)
- Kim, M.N., Lim B.A., Shin, E.J. and Lee, S.M., 2012, Damage sharacteristics of Korean traditional textiles by sulfur dioxide. Journal of Conservation Science, 28, 321-328. (in Korean with English abstract) https://doi.org/10.12654/JCS.2012.28.4.321
Lee, K.S. and Han, S.H., 1996, The effects of
$NO_2$and $SO_2$gas on the paper and the textile cultural properties. Conservation Studies, 17, 87-126. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Lee, S.E. and Roh, H.S., 2006, Environmental measurements of gallery and storage rooms of the New National Museum of Korea. Conservation Science in Museum, 7, 75-87. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Ministry of Culture & Sports, 1996, A research on HVAC guideline of museum exhibition & storage room. Ministry of Culture & Sports, Seoul, 96-102. (in Korean)
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, 2012, Law No.458, nentilation equipment standard of multi-unit dwelling & publicly used facilities. Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Seoul, Article 11(3-4). (in Korean)
- National Institute of Environmental Research, 2011, Annual report of air quality in Korea 2010. National Institute of Environmental Research, Incheon, 17-26. (in Korean)
- National Museum of Korea, 2012, website (www.museum. go.kr), Collection database. (in Korean)
- Pietro, G.D., Bluher, A. and Grossenbacher, G., 2010, Monitoring indoor air pollution in the stacks of the Swiss National Library. Indoor Air Quality in Museums and archives, IAQ 2010 Conference, 67.
Saito, M., Goto, S. and Kashiwagi, M., 1996, Effect of the composition of
$NO_2$gas to the fading of plant dyes. Scientific Papers on Japanese Antiques and Art Crafts, 38, 1-9.
- Salmon, L.G. and Cass, G.R., 1993, The fading of artists' colorants by exposure to atmospheric nitric acid. Studies in Conservation, 38, 73-91. https://doi.org/10.2307/1506460
- Salvin, V.S., 1963, Effect of air pollutants on dyed fabrics. Journal of the Air Pollution Control Association, 13, 416-422, 455. https://doi.org/10.1080/00022470.1963.10468200
- Shao, J., Zheng, J., Liu, J. and Carr, C.M., 2005, Fourier transform Raman and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy studies of silk fibroin. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 96, 1996-2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/app.21421
- Sky Blue Natural Dye Institute, 2009, Comprehension of natural dye. 34, 93, 108. (in Korean)
- The National Folk Musuem of Korea, 2012, website (www.nfm.go.kr), Data info. (in Korean)
- Whitemore, P.M. and Cass, G.R., 1989, The fading of artist's colorants by exposure to atmospheric nitrogen dioxide. Studies in Conservation, 34, 85-97. https://doi.org/10.2307/1506270