- Volume 28 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Anti-seismic Capacity Improvement of Underground Box Structures Strengthened with Pressure Bracing
가압식 브레이싱 보강에 의한 지중박스구조물의 내진성능향상 방법
- Chung, Jee-Seung (Department of Railroad Civil Engineering, Dongyang University) ;
- Moon, In-Gi (Department of Civil Business, Korea Development Corporation) ;
- Min, Dae-Hong (Daum Engineering and Construction)
- Received : 2013.07.01
- Accepted : 2013.08.14
- Published : 2013.08.31
This paper presents a new strengthening method of underground box structures against seismic loads for anti-seismic capacity improvement. A threaded steel member with pressure devices(so called 'I-bracing pressure system') is used to improve seismic capacity of the RC box structure. The I-bracing pressure system is fixed the corner of opening after chemical anchor was installed by drilling hole on the box structure. The structural performance was evaluated analytically. Two bracing types of strengthening methods were used; conventional bracing method and improved I-bracing pressure system. For the performance evaluation, seismic analyses were performed on moment and shear resisting structures with and without I-bracing pressure system. Numerical results confirmed that the proposed I-bracing pressure system can enhance the seismic capacity of the underground RC box structures.
- B. E. Yoo and C. H. Kim, "South Korea is Not a Safe Zone Earthquake" J. of The Korea Institute of Building Construction Vol. 6, pp. 3-4, 2006.
- H. Y. Shin, D. K. Kim, M. H. Kwon, C. H. Chang and K. H. Kim, "Preliminary Design of Retrofitted System of Domestic Subway Tunnel" Journal of Spring Conference & Annual Metting of the Korean Society for Railway, pp. 6-9, 2009.
- K. H. Kim, S. Y. Han, D. E. Han and J. H. Hur, " A Study for the Application Technique of Recently Developed Performance-strengthening Systems in Urban Railway" Journal of Autumn Conference & Annual Metting of the Korean Society for Railway, pp. 843-848, 2011.
- K. H. Kim, M. H. Kwon, D. Y. Jang, S. K. Kim and H. G. Ko, "Experiment of Underground Box Tunnel of Metro Rail System for Seismic Performance Evaluation" Journal of Autumn Conference & Annual Metting of the Korean Society for Railway, pp. 199-204, 2012.
- Japan Society of Civil Engineers, "Guideline for Seismic Performance Evaluation and Earthquake Protection Measures for Underground Structures", pp. 475-481, 2011.
- National Emergency Management, "Act on Earthquake Disaster Relief", 2008.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, "Special Act on the Safety Management of Structures(Facilities)", 2009.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, "Seismic Performance Assessment Guidelines for Infrastructures", 2011.
- J. S. Chung, Y. K. Kang, B. H. Kim, D. H. Min, Y. S. Yoon and J. W. Jeon, "A Study on the Arrangement of Pressure Members for Strengthening in the R.C BOX Structure" Journal of Autumn Conference & Annual Metting of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 2396-2399, 2012.
- D. K. Kim, "Dynamics of Structures", 2nd ed., Goomibook, pp. 534-572, 2009.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, "Concrete Structure Code" pp. 210-211, 2012.
- Strength Method Using Pre-flexed Members for the Corner of Underground Box Structures under Additional Surface Load vol.31, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2016.31.5.102
- A Case Study on Earthquake Resistant Reinforcement Method for the Corner of Existing Underground R.C Box Structures using Pre-flexed Member System vol.31, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2016.31.3.68