- Volume 28 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Safety Improvement of Forklift Truck
지게차 안전성 향상 방안 연구
- Chae, Jongmin (Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, KOSHA)
- 채종민 (한국산업안전보건공단 산업안전보건연구원)
- Received : 2013.03.12
- Accepted : 2013.07.17
- Published : 2013.08.31
Forklift truck is one of the dangerous machines which causes the fatal accidents most frequently. The causes of fatalities by forklift from 2008 to 2011 were analyzed. Crushing the operator when tipping over or falling off a truck were the major causes of death in this study. The purpose of this study is to show measures from the engineering point of view to prevent the forklift truck accidents. In order for that, the domestic requirement for forklift safety was compared with those of foreign and international standards. The manufacturers' opinion was also collected regarding to improve the forklift safety. Several measures were suggested in order to prevent fatalities caused by forklift.
- W. C. Shin, "Research on International Safety Standards of Industrial Truck", Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, pp. 1-2, 2012.
- Barry D. Lifschultz, "Deaths due to Forklift Truck Accidents", Forensic Science International, Vol. 65, pp. 121-134, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0379-0738(94)90267-4
- Y. K. Park, "A Study on the Analysis and Prevention of Industrial Accidents for Forklift", MyungJi University, 2003.
- Tore J. Larsson, "Forklift trucks - Analysis of Severe and Fatal Occupational Injuries, Critical Incidents and Priorities for Prevention", Safety Science, Vol. 17, pp. 275-289, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0925-7535(94)90029-9
- KOSHA, "Safety with Forklift Truck", pp. 16-21, 2001.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, "Industrial Accident Statistics", pp. 7-8, 2008.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, "Industrial Accident statistics", pp. 7-8, 2009.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, "Industrial Accident Statistics", pp. 7-8, 2010.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, "Industrial Accident Statistics", pp. 7-8, 2011.
- N. Stout-Wiegand, "Characteristics of Work-related Injuries Involving Forklift Trucks", Journal of Safety Research, Vol. 18, pp. 179-190, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-4375(87)90081-8
- "One Point Lesson on Diesel Forklift Work Safety", KOSHA, 2012.
- ISO 3691-1:2011 Industrial Trucks - Safety Requir Ements and Verification, 2011.
- ISO 6055:2004 Industrial trucks - Overhead guards - Specification and Testing, 2004.
- Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and the Council of 17 May 2006 on Machinery, 2006.
- "Powered Industrial Trucks(29CFR1910.178)", KOSHA.
- "Rules on Occupational Safety and Health Standards", Ministry of Employment and Labor
- "Rules on Construction Machinery Safety Standards", Ministry of Construction & Transportation.
- "Reports of Incident of Industrial Accidents", Korea Workers' Compensation & Welfare Service, 2008-2011.
- "Safety Standard for Low Lift and High Lift Trucks", ANSI/ITSDF B56.1, 2012.
- Stability Analysis of Counterbalanced Forklift Trucks vol.30, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2015.30.2.1