- Volume 28 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Stability Analysis of Upper Structures by Soil Grouting
지반 그라우팅에 의한 상부구조물의 안전성 분석
- Hwang, Chulsung (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Gachon University)
- 황철성 (가천대학교 토목환경공학과)
- Received : 2011.09.14
- Accepted : 2013.07.08
- Published : 2013.08.31
Transportation and further expansion of social infrastructure was needed along the development of urbanization and population concentration. To use the underground space due to the lack of availability of land, it is inevitable to intersect between present structure and tunnel during construction. Soil grouting is one of the ground improvement methods to reinforce weak soil around the underground structures by injection of grouting liquid. Some of central columns of an upper structure are damaged during injection of grouting liquid by injection pressure. To investigate and improve the stability of the tunnel, three dimensional analysis are performed with full construction stages which includes the construction of present underpass, damaging columns of the underpass, reinforcing the columns by H-pile and shear walls, and excavation and construct tunnel. The arrangement of grouting holes such as curtain and horizontal type affects largely to the stability of upper structure and horizontal arrangement diminish the shear forces which is the cause of damage of central columns. The liquid injection type of reinforcement for tunnel is not recommended while the presence of upper structure with columns. Wall type reinforcing is utilize for permant support of upper structures which is affected by grouting injection pressure. H-pile is utilize for temporary support, but not for permanent since the sharing of shear forces is not much to shear wall during tunnel construction.
- T. I. Addenbrooke and D. M. Potts, "Twin Tunnel Interation: Surface and Subsurface Effects", The International Journal of Geomechanics, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 249-271, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1532-3641(2001)1:2(249)
- A. M. Hefny, H. C. Chuna and J. Zhao, "Parametric Studies on the Interation between Existing and New Bored Tunnels", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 19, issues 4-5, pp. 471, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2004.02.074
- S. A. Mazek, K. T. Law and D. T. Lau, "Use of Grouting to Reduce Deformations of an Existing Tunnel Underpassed by Another Tunnel", Proc. of 3 rd international Specialty Conference on Grouting and Ground Treatment, February 10-12, pp. 1570-1581, 2003.
- J. K. L. Pan, G. Plumbridge, R. B. Storry and O. Martin, "Back Analysis of Cut and Cover Tunnels in Close Proximity to an Operating Railway in Hong Kong", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 21, Issues 3-4, pp. 453-454, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2005.12.092
- D. N. Chapman, S. K. Ahn, Hunt and D. V. L. Chan, "The use of Model Tests to Investigate the Ground Displacements Associated with Multiple Tunnel Construction in Soil", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 21, Issues 3-4, pp. 413, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2005.12.059
- G. Anagnostou and K. Kovari, "Face Stability in Closed Shield Tunnelling", Proc. Rapid Excavation and Tunnelling Conference, Las Vegas, pp. 548-558, 1977.
- D. S. Park, H. J. Kim and W. Y. Kim, "Investigation of the Lining Load Induced by Backfill and Consolidation Grouting", Engineering geology Vol. 13, No. 4 pp. 445-455, 2003.
- B. S. Chun, J. N. Do, J. Y. Gong, H. D. Sung and J. H. Lim, "A Study on the Effect of Ground Improvement of LW Injection", Proc. of Korean Geo-Environmental Society, Vol. 2006, pp. 83-86, 2006.
- B. S. Chun, J. C. Kim, S. S. Nam and K. H. Ha, "A Study on the Design Specification for Characteristics of Grout Materials", Journal of Korean Geo-Environmental Society, Vol. 3 No. 4, pp. 67-79, 2002.
- J. H. Park, S. I. Lee and Y. W. Park, "Experimental Study on Strength Properties of Pressure Grouting Bulb", Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 221-229, 2003.
- J. H. Park, Y. W. Park, B. I. Kim and S. S. Hong, "An Experimental Study on the Optimum Pressure of Grouting for Ground Reinforcement", Proc. of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 2002 , No. 11, pp. 2568-2571, 2002.
- K. H. Jeon, D. W. Ryu, H. M. Kim, E. S. Park and J. J. Song, "Numerical Analysis of Grout Flow and Injection Pressure Affected by Joint Roughness and Aperture", Tunnel and Underground, Vol. 20, No. 2 , pp. 82-91, 2010.
- C. S. Hwang, "Influences of Grouting Pressure of Microcement to Upper Structures", Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, pp. 70-77, 2010.
- C. S. Hwang, "Damage Analysis of Underpass Columns by LW Grouting", Journal of Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, pp. 75-82, 2011.
- Emeraldsoft, "Pentagon-3D Manual", 2009.
- J. W. Rhee, J. S. Lee and M. K. Kim, "A Study on the Tunnel Stability using Grouting Technique", Journal of Korean Geo- Environmental Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 298-305, 1996.
- S. B. Lee and J. S. Yoon, "A Case Study on the Application of Safety Analysis for the Tunnel Adjacent to the Pier", Tunnel and Underground, Vol. 13, No. 2, 2003.