- Volume 28 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Safety Enhancement of Teleoperation using Haptic Control
햅틱 제어에 의한 원격작업의 안전성 향상
- Kim, Yun Bae (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Seoul) ;
- Choi, Gi Sang (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Seoul) ;
- Choi, Gi Heung (Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering, Hansung University)
- Received : 2013.03.07
- Accepted : 2013.07.24
- Published : 2013.08.31
For safe remote control, information on remote environment has to be delivered to operator realistically, and there have been numerous research efforts on this respect. Among them, haptic technology can significantly enhance safety and overall effectiveness of remote operation by delivering various kinds of information on virtual or real environment to operator. In this study, remote control based on haptic feedback is applied to control of mobile robot moving according to the command from operator avoiding collision with environmental obstacles and maintaining safe distance from them using ultrasonic sensors. Specifically, a remote feedback control structure for mobile robot is proposed. The controller is based on the inner feedback loop that directly utilizes information on distance to obstacles, and the outer feedback loop that the operator directly commands using the haptic device on which the computed reaction force based on the distance information is acting. Effectiveness of the proposed remote control scheme using double feedback loops is verified through a series of experiments on mobile robot.
Supported by : 서울시립대학교
- Q. Lin and C. Kuo, "Virtual tele-operation of underwater robots," in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 1997.
- J. P. K. Kim, H. Lee and M. Yang, "Robotic Contamination Cleaning System," in IEEE Conference on Intelligent Robots ans Systems, Lausanne, Switzerland, October 2002.
- X. Tang and H. Yamada, "Haptic Interaction in Teleoperation Control System of Construction Robot Based on Virtual Reality," in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation, Changchun, China, 2009.
- B. Horan and S. Nahavandi, "Intuitive Haptic Control Surface for Mobile Robot Motion Control," Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Safety, Security and Rescue Robotics, Sendai, Japan, 2008.
- I. Farkhatdinov, J. H. Ryu and J. Poduraev, "A User Study of Command Strategies for Mobile Robot Teleoperation," Journal on Intelligent Service Robotics, Volume 2, Issue 2 , p. 95, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11370-009-0036-9
- I. Farkhatdinov, J. H. Ryu and J. An, "A Preliminary Experimental Study on Haptic Teleoperation of Mobile Robot with Variable Force Feedback Gain." Proc. of IEEE Haptics Symposium, Waltham, Boston, USA, 2010.
- S. Lee, G. S. Sukhatme, G. J. Kim and C. M. Park, "Haptic Control of a Mobile Robot: A user study," In Proceedings of IEEE/RSJ IROS, Lausanne, Switzerland, 2002.
- S. Lee, G. J. Kim, G. S. Sukhatme and C. M. Park, "Effects of Haptic Feedback on Telepresence and Navigational Performance," Proc. of Intl. Conference on Artificial Telexistence, Seoul, South Korea, 2004.
- N. Diolaiti and C. Melchiorri, "Tele-Operation of a Mobile Robot Through Haptic Feedback," Proc. of IEEE Int. Workshop on Haptic Virtual Environments and Their Applications, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2002.
- J. H. Ryu, D. S. Kwon and B. Hannaford, "Stable Teleoperation with Time-Domain Passivity Control," Proc. of IEEE Transactions on Robotics and automation, 2004.
- J. Ryu, J. Kim, C. Seo, Y. Lim, and J. P. Kim, "A Surbey of Haptic Control Technology," Journal of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers-A, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 283-295, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.4.283
- The Effects of the Tempered Materials on the Thermal Runaway Characteristics in the Resol Resin Synthesis Reaction vol.18, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7842/kigas.2014.18.4.27