- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Safety Culture on Job Satisfaction and Organizational Committment - Mediation effect of Organizational Trust-
조직의 안전문화에 대한 인식이 개인의 직무만족, 조직몰입에 미치는 영향 - 조직신뢰의 매개효과-
- Received : 2013.07.20
- Accepted : 2013.08.08
- Published : 2013.09.30
The purpose of this paper is to examine the effect of safety culture on job satisfaction and organizational commitment and mediation effect of Organizational trust between independent variable and two dependent variables. Based on the responses from 290 employees, the results reveals ; 1) Organizational safety culture has a positive effect on the job satisfactions and organizational safety culture effect positively on the organizational commitment 2) Organizational trust mediates the relationships between safety culture and job satisfaction. 3) Organizational trust mediates the relationships between safety culture and organizational commitment.
Safety culture;Job Satisfactions;Organizational Commitment;Organizational Trust
- Allen, N. J., & Meyer, J.P. (1990). The measurement and antecedent of affective, continuance, and normative commitment to the organization. Journal of Occupational Psychology, 63, 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1990.tb00506.x
- Bae-Du Yeol,2011, "The Effects of Corporate Social Responsibility on Organizational Trust and Performance in Security Corporate"
- Baron, R., & Kenny, D. (1986). The moderator-mediator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic and statistical considerations. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51,1173-1182. doi: 10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1243. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1993
- Buchanan, Bruce. 1974. Building Organizational Commitment: "The Socialization of Managers in Work Organizations". Administrative Science Quarterly 19: 533-546 https://doi.org/10.2307/2391809
- Campbell, J.P., McCloy, R.A., Oppler, S.H.,& Sager, C. E.(1993). A theory of performance. InN. Schmitt & W. Borman (Eds.),Personnel selection in organizations pp.35-69. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Choi-Won Chang, (2012): A study on the Activation of Occupational Safety Culture, In-Cheon University.
- Cook, J., & Wall, T. (1980). New work attitude measures of trust, organizational commitment and personal need non-fulfillment. Journal of Occupational Psychology, 53, 39.52.
- Cooper, MD (2000). Towards a model of safety culture. Safety Science. vol.36. pp111-136 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-7535(00)00035-7
- Cheyne et al. 1998, Modelling safety climate in the production of levels of safety activity. Work and stress, 12(3), 255-271 https://doi.org/10.1080/02678379808256865
- Glennon A .I .,Lither land D.K.,(2001), Safety climate factors, group differences and safety behavior in road construction ,Safety Science 39, 157-188.
- Griffin, M. A.,& Neal, A.(2000). Perceptions of safety at work: A frame work for linking safe ty climate to safety performance, knowledge and motivation. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 5, 347-358. https://doi.org/10.1037/1076-89188.8.131.527
- GR Jones, JM George, "The experience and evolution of trust: Implications for cooperation and teamwork" - Academy of management review, 1998.
- Hofmann, D. A.,& Morgeson, F. P.(1999). Safety-related behavior as a social exchange: The role of perceived organizational support and leader- member exchange. Journal of Applied Psychology, 84,286-296 https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.84.2.286
- HSE, (1999), Summary guide to safety climate tools.
- HSE ,(2005), A review of safety culture and safety climate literature for the development of the safety culture inspection toolkit
- Jones, G. R. & George, J. M. (1998). The experience and evolution of trust: Implications for cooperation and teamwork. Academy of Management Review, 23, 531-546.
- Johnson, S. E.(2007). The predictive validity of safety climate. Journal of Safety Research, 38,511-521. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsr.2007.07.001
- Kang-Ho Young, Park-Hyun IL, "Training and Reward System effect on Motivation of Employee", Korea Accounting Accociation Journal 2009.10,p p.317-334.
- Kwon-Soon Won , Kim-So Young , Lee- Ho Sun (2009): Performing CSR-Labor Standard In zdex and Corporate's Expectation Level to Raise the Employee's Job Satisfaction and Morale, Korea Contents Association '09 Vol. 9 No. 2.
- Lee-Jong eun, (2013): An Empirical Study on Safety Culture Improvement for Chemical Plant: Myung-Jee University
- Lee- Kyung Hun, (2012): A Study of the Influence of Manager Safety Leadership on Workplace Safety Culture: Cho-Sun University.
- Liou,T.K.(1995), "Understanding Employee Com mitment in the Public Organization: A Study of the Juvenile Detention Center", International Journal of Public Administration, 18,pp.1269-1295. https://doi.org/10.1080/01900699508525052
- Locke, E. (1976). The nature and causes of job satisfaction. In M. D. Dunnette (Ed.). Handbook of industrial and organizational psychology (1297-1349). Chicago: Rand McNally.
- Mc Allister, D. J.(1995)," Affect and Cognition -Based Trust as Foundations for Interpersonal Cooperation in Organizations", Academy of Management Journal, 38,pp.24-59. https://doi.org/10.2307/256727
- Mc Cormick, E. J., & Tiffin, J. Industrial psychology (6th ed.). London: George Allen & Unwin, 1974.
- Misztal, B. A.(1996), "Trust in Modern Societies ",Cambridge, Massachusetts :Polity Press.
- Mowday, R. T., L. W. Porter, and R. M. Steers(1982), Organizational Linkage: The Psychology of Commitment Absenteeism and Turnover, NY: Academic Press.
- MSQ.: MINNESOTA SATISFACTION QUESTI ONNAIRE.
- Nunnally, J. C. (1978). Psychometric theory (2nd ed). NewYork, NY: McGraw -Hill.
- Oxford University(2005),Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Park-Guem Hee, 2009, A Study on the Effects of Employees' Trust on Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment: In-Ha University.
- Park-Kye Hyung, (2011): A Study on the Factors Influencing Safety Culture: Focused on Industrial Workers: University of Seoul Science and Technology.
- Rousseau, D. M., Sitkin, S. B. Burt, R. S., & Camerer, C. (1998). Not so different after all: A cross-discipline view of trust. Academy of Management Review, 23, 393-404. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMR.1998.926617
- Sexton et.al.,"The Safety Attitudes Questionna ire (SAQ)", BMC Health Services Research, 2006
- Shin-Chul Woo, 2007, Organizational Behavior MoonYoung-Sa.
Tayler and Francis Group: work & stress, 2002, vol. 16, no. 1, 18
- Von- Thaden, T. L., Wiegmann, D. A., Mit chell, A. A.,Sharma,G.,& Zhang, H.(2003). Safety Culture in a Regional Airline: Results from a Commercial Aviation Safety Survey. To be presented at the 12th International Symposium on Aviation Psychology, Dayton, OH.
- Zohar, D.(2000). "A group-level model of safety climate: Testing the effect of group climate on micro accidents in manufacturing jobs".Journal of Applied Psychology, 85,587-596. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.85.4.587
- Zohar, D.(2003). Safety climate: Conceptual and measurement issues. In J.C.Quick & L.E.Tetrick (Eds.),Handbook of occupational health psychology (pp.123-142). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Relationships between Superior Trust and Organizational Citizenship Behavior: The Mediating Role of Organizational Trust in Small-Medium Sized Manufacturing Enterprises vol.15, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.12812/ksms.2013.15.4.331
- Perception of Organizational Trust Culture of Regional General Hospital Employees and its Effect on Organizational Trust Activities vol.15, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.02.455