- Volume 17 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on RFID Cell Planning Schemes for Indoor Location-awareness
실내 위치 인식을 고려한 RFID 기반 셀 구성 방안에 관한 연구
- Kim, Taehoon (Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Tak, Sungwoo (Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2013.05.14
- Accepted : 2013.06.12
- Published : 2013.09.30
This paper proposes a RFID cell planning scheme for indoor location-awareness. We theoretically develop four objective functions that yield objective goals significant to the optimal design of a RFID cell topology and simulation is conducted to evaluate the performance of the proposed RFID cell planning scheme. We also evaluate the performance of the proposed technique after practically installing RFID readers in an indoor space to configure a RFID cell topology. Performance evaluations are conducted in terms of the following objective goals: minimal number of RFID readers for configuring a RFID cell topology, maximal RFID cell coverage areas for indoor location-awareness, minimal overlapping cells, and maximal indoor location-awareness accuracy.
- L. Ni, D. Zhang, and M. Souryal, "RFID-based localization and tracking technologies," IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 45-51, Feb. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2011.5751295
- E. Giampaolo, F. Forn, and G. Marrocco, "RFID-network planning by particle swarm optimization," Proc. European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, pp. 1-5, 2010.
- H. Yihua and L. Shilei, "RFID network planning based on k-coverage using plant growth simulation algorithm," Proc. International Conference on Computing Technology and Information Management, pp. 196-201, 2012.
- T. Garcia-Valverde, A. Garcia-Sola, J Botia, and A. Gomez- Skarmeta, "Ubiquitous deployment Configuration of indoor location services," Proc. International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1-8, 2012.
- Y-J Gong, M. Shen, J. Zhang, O. Kaynak, W-N. Chen, Z-H Zhan, "Optimizing RFID network planning by using a particle swarm optimization algorithm with redundant reader elimination," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 8, no. 4, Apr. 2012.
- T. Kim and S. Tak, "Modeling and performance evaluation of AP deployment schemes for indoor location-awareness," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 847-856, Apr. 2013. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2013.17.4.847
- Z. Michalewicz and D. Fogel, How to Solve It: Modern Heuristics, Springer, December 2004.
- Alien RFID readers' specification, available at http://www.alientechnology.com/readers/index.php, 2013.