- Volume 17 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Design of Extremely Wideband Printed Semi-circular-shaped Dipole Antenna
초광대역 인쇄형 반원모양 다이폴 안테나 설계
- Yeo, Junho (School of Computer and Communication Engineering, Daegu University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Ig (Department of Electronics Engineering, Dongseo University) ;
- Park, Jin-Taek (Department of Mobile Communication Engineering, Changshin University)
- Received : 2013.05.14
- Accepted : 2013.06.25
- Published : 2013.09.30
In this paper, a design method for a ultra-wideband printed semi-circular-shaped dipole antenna operating in the band of 1-15 GHz is studied. The effects of the gap between the two arms of the semi-circular-shaped dipole and the radius of the semi-circle on the input reflection coefficient and gain characteristics are examined to obtain the optimal design parameters. The optimized printed semi-circular-shaped dipole antenna is fabricated on an FR4 substrate and the experimental results show that the antenna has a desired extremely wideband characteristic with a frequency band of 1-15 GHz (175%) for a VSWR < 2.
- R. Waterhouse, Printed antennas for wireless communications, Chichester, U.K.: Wiley, 2007.
- W. L. Stutzman and G. A. Thiele, Antenna theory and design, 2nd ed., Wiley, 1998.
- K.-L. Wong, Planar antennas for wireless communications, Wiley, 2003.
- H. Schantz, The art and science of ultrawideband antennas, Artech House. 2005.
- M. Ojaroudi, Sh. Yazdanifard, N. Ojaroudi, and M. Naser-Moghaddasi, "Small square monopole antenna with enhanced bandwidth by using inverted T-shaped slot and conductor-backed plane," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 670-674, Feb. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2010.2096386
- J. Kraus, Antennas, 2nd ed., New York,NY: McGraw-Hill, 1988.
- T. Ihara et al, Broadband antenna using a semicircular radiator, US Patent 5,872,546, Feb 16, 1999.