- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study of Cleaning Technology for Zirconium Scrap Recycling in the Nuclear Industry
원자력산업에서 지르코늄 스크랩 재활용을 위한 세정기술에 관한 연구
- Received : 2013.07.15
- Accepted : 2013.08.14
- Published : 2013.09.30
In this study, we optimized the removal condition of contaminants attached on the scrap surface to recycle the scrap generated from the Zr alloy tube manufacturing process back to the nuclear grade. The main contaminant is remnant of watersoluble cooling lubricant that is used in the pilgering manufacture during the tube production, and it is assumed to be compressed and carbonized on the surface of tube. Zirlo alloy tube of
Cladding tube;Cleaning object;Cleaning agents;Lubricant;Ultrasonic intensity
- Huitaek, Y., Hwangryong, Y., Youngseo, P., and Hwanil H., "Practices in Surface Treatment," 1st ed., Dongmyungsa, Korea, 2012, pp. 59-78
- "Standard Specification for Zirconium Sponge and Other Forms of Virgin Metal for Nuclear Application," ASTM. B349.
- Dongwon, L., "The Production of Zirconium Development Trend," State of the Art Report, 21(4), 66-73 (2010).
- KyoungTae, P., "Metalization and Purification Behavior of Zirconium by Combustion Synthesis and Molten Salt Electrorefining for Nuclear Applications," Ph.D. Dissertation, Chungnam national university, Korea, 2013.
- Hyungjoon, K., "Surface cleaning Technology and Its Evaluation Method for Metal," Korean J. Metals Mater., 8(4), 358-364 (1995)
- Myongbok, L., and JungHui, L., "Introduction of Vacuum & Surface Analysis Technology," 1st ed., Duyangsa, Korea, 2008, pp. 195-235
- Sunkyu, K., "Surface Technology," 1st ed., Duyangsa, Korea, 2011, pp. 131-167
- Recovery of Zirconium from Spent Pickling Acid through Precipitation Using BaF2 and Electrowinning in Fluoride Molten Salt vol.26, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3740/MRSK.2016.26.12.681
- Electrowinning of Nuclear-Grade Zr from Ba 2 ZrF 8 –ZrF 4 Salt System vol.165, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1149/2.0281802jes
Supported by : 지식경제부