- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Study of Integrated Optimal Design of Smart Top-Story Isolation and Building Structures in Regions of Low-to-Moderate Seismicity
중약진지역 구조물과 스마트 최상층 면진시스템의 통합최적설계에 대한 연구
- Received : 2013.05.31
- Accepted : 2013.07.01
- Published : 2013.09.30
In order to reduce seismic responses of a structure, additional dampers and vibration control devices are generally considered. Usually, control performance of additional devices are investigated for optimal design without variation of characteristics of a structure. In this study, multi-objective integrated optimization of structure-smart control device is conducted and possibility of reduction of structural resources of a building structure with smart top-story isolation system has been investigated. To this end, 20-story example building structure was selected and an MR damper and low damping elastomeric bearings were used to compose a smart base isolation system. Artificial earthquakes generated based on design spectrum of low-to-moderate seismicity regions are used for structural analyses. Based on numerical simulation results, it has been shown that a smart top-story isolation system can effectively reduce both structural responses and isolation story drifts of the building structure in low-to-moderate seismicity regions. The integrated optimal design method proposed in this study can provide various optimal designs that presents good control performance by appropriately reducing the amount of structural material and damping device.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Bani-Hani, K. A. and Sheban, M. A., "Semi-active neuro-control for base-isolation system using magnetorheological (MR) dampers", Earthquake Engng Struct. Dyn., Vol. 35, 2006, pp.1119-1144. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.574
- Chun, Y. S. and Hur, M. W., "Seismic isolation effects according to set up the isolation period in the medium and low-rise frame building", Journal of the Korean Institute for Structural Maintenance Inspection, Vol. 14, No. 6, 2010, pp.93-99 (in Korean).
- Deb, K., Pratap, A., Agrawal, S. and Meyarivan, T., "A fast and elitist multiobjective genetic algorithm: NSGA-II", Evolutionary Computation, IEEE Transactions, Vol. 6, No. 2, 2002, pp.182-197. https://doi.org/10.1109/4235.996017
- Jun, D. H., "Seismic response of R/C structures subjected to simulated ground motions compatible with design spectrum", Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, Vol. 22, No. 1, 2013, pp.74-91. https://doi.org/10.1002/tal.658
- Kang, J. W., Kim, T. H. and Kim, H. S., "Performance evaluation of vibration control of a smart top-story isolation system", Journal of the Korean Association for Spacial Structures, Vol. 10, No. 3, 2010, pp.49-56 (in Korean).
- Kim, H. S. and Kang, J. W., "Investigation of adaptability of smart top-story isolation system to structures in regions of low-to-moderate seismicity", Journal of the Korean Association for Spacial Structures, Vol. 12, No. 4, 2012, pp.71-80 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.9712/KASS.2012.12.4.071
- Koo, J. H., Setareh, M. and Murray, T. M., "In search of suitable control methods for semi-active tuned vibration absorbers", Journal of Vibration and Control, Vol. 10, 2004, pp.163-174. https://doi.org/10.1177/1077546304032020
- Ok, S. Y., Park, K. S., Song, J. H. and Koh, H. M., "Multi-objective integrated optimal design of hybrid structure-damper system satisfying target reliability", Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, Vol. 12, No. 2, 2008, pp.9-22 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2008.12.2.009
- Park, K. S. and Koh, H. M., "Preference based optimum design of an integrated structural control system using genetic algorithms", Advances in Engineering Software, Vol. 35, No. 2, 2004, pp.85-94. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.advengsoft.2003.10.004
- Park, K. S., Koh, H. M. and Hahm, D. G., "Integrated optimum design of visco-elastically damped structural systems", Engineering Structures, Vol. 26, 2004, pp.581-591. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2003.12.004
- Park, K. S., Koh, H. M. and Ok, S. Y., "Integrated optimal design of hybrid structural control system using multi-stage goal programming technique", Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, Vol. 7, No. 5, 2003, pp.93-102 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2003.7.5.093
- Sues, R. H., Mau, S. T. and Wen, Y. K., "System identifcation of degrading hysteretic restoring forces", Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE, Vol. 114, No. 5, 1988, pp.833-846. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1988)114:5(833)
- Warburton, G. B., "Optimum absorber parameters for various combinations of response and excitation parameters", Earthquake Engrg. and Struct. Dyn., Vol. 10, 1982, pp.381-401. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.4290100304