- Volume 51 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Antimicrobial Activity and Safety Test of Mixed Plant Extracts Including Phellodendron Amurense and Eucommia Ulmides Oliv
황벽나무, 두충나무 등을 포함하는 복합수목추출물의 항균활성 및 안전성 시험
- Received : 2013.05.22
- Accepted : 2013.07.02
- Published : 2013.10.01
In this study, mixed plant extracts including Phellodendro namurense and Eucommia ulmides Oliv were tested for antimicrobial activity and safety. Antimicrobial activity was measured by disc diffusion method using normal skin flora and opportunistic microbes such as Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Escherichia coli and Candida albicans. As safety test, single dose oral toxicity test, single dose inhalation toxicity test and repeat dose inhalation toxicity test were done. From antimicrobial test, plant extracts showed significant antimicrobial activity Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida albicans, however, did not indicate any antibacterial effect on Escherichia coli. From 3 kinds of safety tests, toxicity of mixed plant extracts was not observed. From experimental results, mixed plant extracts including Phellodendro namurense and Eucommia ulmides Oliv showed good potential for natural antimicrobial agent.
Phellodendro Namurense;Eucommia Ulmides Oliv;Antimicrobial Activity;Safety
- Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information, www.kisti.re.kr.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, www.mw.go.kr.
- Pharmacognosy Researchers, Modern pharmacognosy, Hak Chan publishing, Seoul(2000).
- Park, J. C., Functional Food and oriental Medicine, Hyoilbooks, Seoul(2007).
- Korea forest service, www.forest.go.kr.
- Jung, D. H., Yoon, B. H. and Lee, Y. H., Encyclopedia of Tea life Culture(2012).
- KDA Textbook Editing Board, Dermatology, 5th Ed., Ryo Moon Gak, Seoul(2008).
- Association of Official Analytical Chemists, A.O.A.C., Official Methods of Analysis, 15th ed., Washington D.C.(1990).
- Kim, G. E., Kim, J. H., Hong, S. K., Kim, T. and Kim, D., "Antiacne and Anti-atopic Dermatitis Effect of Plant Extracts Including Eucommia Ulmoides Oliv and Phellodendron Amurense," Korean Chem. Eng. Res.(HWAHAK KONGHAK), 48, 700-703 (2010).
- Korea Food and Drug Administration, http://www.mfds.go.kr/index.jsp.(2013).
- Kim, T., Kim, S., Kang, W. Y., Baek, H., Jeon, H. Y., Kim, B.Y., Kim, C. G. and Kim, D., "Porcine Amniotic Fluid as Possible Antiwrinkle Cosmetic Agent,"Korean J. Chem. Eng., 28, 1839-1843(2011). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11814-011-0047-z
- Boo, H. C., Shin, J. S., Hwang, S. J., Bae, C. S. and Park, S. H., "Antimicrobial Effects and Antioxidative Activities of the Cosmetic Composition Having Natural Plant Pigments," Korean J. Plant Res. 25, 80-88(2012). https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2012.25.1.080
- Singh, G. S. and Pandeya, S. N., "Natural Products in Discovery of Potential and Safer Antibacterial Agents," Research Signpost, 37, 63-101(2011).
Supported by : 중소기업청