- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Intervention Programs for Improving Maternal Adaptation in Korea: Systematic Review
국내 모성적응증진 프로그램의 효과에 대한 체계적 문헌고찰
- Song, Ju Eun (College of Nursing, Ajou University) ;
- Ahn, Jeong Ah (College of Nursing, Ajou University)
- Received : 2013.06.08
- Accepted : 2013.08.21
- Published : 2013.09.20
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to determine the current state of nursing intervention for maternal adaptation and its' effectiveness in Korea by utilizing a systematic review. Methods: The PICO(Population-Intervention-Compar ator-Outcome) strategy was established, and 1,720 pieces of literature published during the last ten-year period from four electronic databases were reviewed. Eighteen references that met inclusion and exclusion criteria were finally selected for systematic review. The quality of references using critical appraisal checklist for experimental studies were evaluated, and then systematic review and meta-analysis were conducted. Results: All 18 references were quasi-experimental research design. Most interventions were provided at the hospital and postpartum care center. Maternal adaptation interventions appeared to be of many types, and particularly maternal role education programs were the most common. Confidence in maternal role was used as the most common variable for the maternal adaptati on. Various interventions for helping maternal adaptation in the postnatal period improved maternal confidence, moth er-infant attachment, maternal satisfaction and mother-infant interaction effectively. Conclusion: A diversity of nursin g interventions in postnatal period improved various aspects of maternal adaptation. Randomized controlled trials and longitudinal studies are needed in order to verify the effect of interventions for maternal adaptation more clearly.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Armstrong, K. L., Fraser, J. A., Dadds, M. R., & Morris, J. (2000). Promoting secure attachment, maternal mood and child health in a vulnerable population: A randomized controlled trial. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 36, 555-562. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1440-1754.2000.00591.x
- Association for Research on Women's Health Subject. (2012). Women's Health Nursing. Seoul: Soomoonsa.
- Bang, K. S., Park, J. S., Kim, J. Y., Park, J. Y., An, H. S., & Yun, B. H. (2013). Literature review on nursing intervention for premature infants in Korea. Journal of Korean Society of Maternal and Child Health, 17, 49-61. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10995-012-0947-5
- Bench, S., Day, T., & Metcalfe, A. (2013). Randomised controlled trials: An introduction for nurse researchers. Nurse Researcher, 20 (5), 38-44.
- Biau, D. J., Kernéis, S., & Porcher, R. (2008). Statistics in brief: The importance of sample size in the planning and interpretation of medical research. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, 466, 2282-2288. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11999 -008-0346-9 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-008-0346-9
- Brown, S., Small, R., Argus, B., Davis, P. G., & Krastev, A. (2009). Early postnatal discharge from hospital for healthy mothers and term infants. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 3, 1-44.
- Chae, M. Y., & Hwang, M. S. (2011). The effects of home care nursing based maternal role strengthening programs on the maternal identity and confidence of maternal role on firsttime mothers. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Home Care Nursing, 18, 88-98.
- Chea, H. J., & Kim, S. (2011). Effects of maternal role practice education on becoming a mother. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 17, 52-63. http://dx.doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn. 2011.17.1.52 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.1.52
- Ellberg, L., Hogberg, U., Lundman, B., Kallen, K., Hakansson, S., & Lindh, V. (2008). Maternity care options influence readmission of newborns. Acta Paediatrica, 97, 579-583. http:// dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1651-2227.2008.00714.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1651-2227.2008.00714.x
- El-Mohandes, A. A., Katz, K. S., El-Khorazaty, M. N., McNeely- Johnson, D., Sharps, P. W., Jarrett, M. H., et al. (2003). The effect of a parenting education program on the use of preventive pediatric health care services among low-income, minority mothers: A randomized, controlled study. Pediatrics, 111, 1324-1332. https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.111.6.1324
- Fontenot, H. B. (2007). Transition and adaptation to adoptive motherhood. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 36, 175-182. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1552-6909.2007.00134.x
- Jeong, I. S., Jun, S. S., & Hwang, S. K. (2011). Systematic reviews and meta-analysis. Seoul: Soomoonsa.
- Kim, H., & Jeong, I. (2007). Effects of a newborn care education program on newborn care confidence and behavioral accuracy of primiparas in a postpartum care center. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 37, 125-134. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.1.125
- Koh, H. J., & Lim, K. H. (2002). A comparison of the educational needs of the mother's for the infant care between primipara and multipara. Journal of Korean Academy of Child Health Nursing, 8, 217-228.
- Lee, E. O., Lim, N. Y., Park, H. A., Lee, I., Kim, J. I., Bae, J., et al. (2009). Nursing research and statistical analysis. Seoul: Soomoonsa.
- Mercer, R. T. (2004). Becoming a mother versus maternal role attainment. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 36, 226-232. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.2004.04042.x
- Mercer, R. T. (2006). Nursing support of the process of becoming a mother. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 35, 649-651. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1552-6909.2006.00086.x
- Mercer, R. T., & Walker, L. O. (2006). A review of nursing interventions to foster becoming a mother. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 35, 568-582. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1552-6909.2006.00080.x
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. (2010). Survey on postpartum care center. Seoul: Author.
- Nelson, A. M. (2003). Transition to motherhood. Journal of Obtetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 32, 465-477. https://doi.org/10.1177/0884217503255199
- Nicolson, P. (1999). Loss, happiness and postpartum depression: The ultimate paradox. Canadian Psychology, 40, 162-178. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0086834
- Nystrom, K., & Ohrling, K. (2004). Parenthood experiences during the child's first year: Literature review. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 46, 319-330. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2004.02991.x
- Park, H. S. (2005). The effects of a nursing intervention program utilizing NCASA(Nursing Child Assessment Sleep/Activity) on primipara. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kosin University, Busan.
- Pearson, A., Field, J., & Jordan, Z. (2007). Evidence-based clinical practice in nursing and health care: Assimilating research, experience and expertise. Oxford: Blackwell.
- Pridham, K., Brown, R., Clark, R., Limbo, R. K., Schroeder, M., Henriques, J., et al. (2005). Effect of guided participation on feeding competencies of mothers and their premature infants. Research in Nursing and Health, 28, 252-267. https://doi.org/10.1002/nur.20073
- Sim, K. S., Kho, H. J., & Lim, K. H. (2002). A study on the educational needs of the mothers for the infant care. Journal of Korean Society of Maternal and Child Health, 6, 287-297.
- Song, J. E., & Park, B. L. (2010). The changing pattern of physical and psychological health, and maternal adjustment between primiparas who used and those who did not use sanhujori facilities. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 40, 503-514. http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.4.503 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.4.503
- Taylor, J. A., & Kemper, K. J. (1998). Group well-child care for high-risk families: Maternal outcomes. Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, 152, 579-584.
- Vermaes, I. P., Janssens, J. M., Bosman, A. M., & Gerris, J. R. (2005). Parents' psychological adjustment in families of children with spina bifida: A meta-analysis. BMC Pediatrics, 25, 1-13. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1471-2431-5-32
- Yoo, E. K., & Ahn, Y. M. (2001). A model for community based mother infant care center: TMIC(transitional mother infant care center) using a sanhujoriwon. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 31, 932-947. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2001.31.5.932