- Volume 62 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on Physical Characteristics of Silica Aerogel/Polymer Composite Materials
실리카 에어로겔/고분자 복합재의 물리적 특성에 관한 연구
- Received : 2013.07.23
- Accepted : 2013.08.20
- Published : 2013.09.01
Thermal insulation material was prepared by cross-linking chemical reaction of silica aerogel and epoxy resin, which has a high porous and vacant properties. The structural, mechanical, and thermal properties were analyzed in order to verify its application for industrial and electrical applications. The thermal conductivities were changed from 115 mW/mK to 75 mW/mK by reducing the contents of nano-porous silica areogel powders. The compressive loading is also decreased by increasing the contents of silica aerogels by 20 wt% in aerogel/epoxy composites. It is concluded that the formulated composite materials can be applied to building materials, electronics parts, and heavy industries.
Nano-structured;Silica aerogel;Thermal conductivity;Porosity;Epoxy
- Dorcheh A. Soleimani, and Abbasi M., "Silica Aerogel : Synthesis, Properties, Characterization", Journal of materials processing, No. 199, pp. 10∼26. 2008.
- Ge Dengtenge, Yang Lili, Li Yao, and Zhao JiuPeng, "Hydrophobic and thermal insulation properties of silica aerogel/epoxy composite", Journal of Noncrystalline Solids, No. 355, pp. 2610-2615. 2009.
- Ruben Baetens, Bjorn Petter Jelle, and Arild Gustavsen, "Aerogel Insulation for building application : A state-of-the-art review" Journal of energy and buildings, No. 43, pp. 761-769. 2011.
- Oh, K. H. and Choi, H. W., "Acoustic Characteristics of Ultra-porous Aerogel/Fiber Composite Materials" Textile Science and Engineering, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 48-54. 2009.
- Fricke J. and Emmering A., "Aerogel"Journal of American Ceramic Society, Vol. 75, No. 8, pp. 2027. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.1992.tb04461.x
- Sohn, B. H., Kim, K. T., Hyun, S. H. and Sung, D. J., "Mechanical Properties and Thermal Conductivity of Silica Aerogels by the Various Oxide Materials," Journal of Korean Ceramic Society, Vol. 36, No. 8, pp. 829-834. 1999.
- Z. Deng, J. Wang, A. Wu, J. Shen, and B. Zhou, "High Strength SiO2 Aerogel Insulation", Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, No. 225, pp. 101-104. 1998.
- Moon, Y. J., Choi, J. Y., Kim, B. A., and Moon, C. K., "Effect of TiO2 Nanoparticle on the Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Epoxy Resin Composite", Journal of Korea Power System Engineering, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 68-75. 1998.
- Cho, B. H. "Study on Thermal Conductivity of Silica Aerogel", Master's Thesis Ceramic Engineering of Yonsei Univ. pp. 4-6. 1995.
- Song, I. H., Park, Y. J., Yoon, H. S., Hwang, K. Y, and Choi, S. K., "Thermal Insulation Effects and Its Materials of Multi-porous Ceramics", Machine and materials, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp7-20. 2010.
- Kim, D. J, "Aerogel, the Thermal Insulation Materials for Nano-scale Technology", Aerogel Korea. 2011.
- Mechanical Behavior of Polymer Foam Reinforced with Silica Aerogel vol.31, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.26748/KSOE.2017.12.31.6.413