- Volume 62 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on Data Management and Communication Infrastructure Based Upon Standards for Smart Grid Operation
스마트그리드 운영을 위한 표준 기반 데이터 관리 및 통신 인프라에 관한 연구
- Choi, Seung-Hwan (KEPCO Research Institute) ;
- Shin, Jin-Ho (KEPCO Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jun-Sung (KEPCO Research Institute)
- Received : 2013.08.12
- Accepted : 2013.08.27
- Published : 2013.09.01
Recently, there is a rising interest in smart grid operating system which manages various types of distributed generation, smart meters, and electric vehicles with power grid. Considering the features of smart grid environment, the interoperability should be one of the important factors to build smart grid environment successfully. To secure interoperability, smart grid operating system should conform to some standards in terms of the data representation and communication. CIM and OPC-UA are the international standards widely used in smart grid domain for enabling interoperability. They provide common information model and the unified architecture for communicating between each systems or applications. In this paper, we illustrate a smart grid operating system that we have developed to secure interoperability between not only applications but also numerous legacy systems(applications) by implementing CIM based information model and OPC-UA based communication interface services.
Supported by : 한국전력공사
- NIST, "Framework and Roadmap for Smart Grid Interoperability Standards", 2010.
- IEC, Draft IEC/TR 62357 second edition: TC 57 Architecture - Part 1: Reference Architecture for TC 57, 2009.
- EPRI Technical Report, "Common Information Model Primer", 2011.
- M. Uslar, M. Specht, S. Rohjans, J. Trefke and J. M. V. Gonzalez, "The Common Information Model CIM", 2012.
- IEC, "IEC 62541-1 Ed. 1.0: OPC Unified Architecture Specification - Part 3: Address Space Model", 2007.
- IEC, "IEC 62541-1 Ed. 1.0: OPC Unified Architecture Specification - Part 4: Services", 2009.
- IEC, "IEC 61970-402-8 Ed. 1.0: Energy Management System Application Program Interface (EMS-API) - Part 502-8: Web Services Profile for 61970-4 Abstract Services", 2009.
- S. Rohjans, M. Uslar, and H. J. Appelrath, "OPC-UA and CIM: Semantics for the smart grid," in Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition, 2010 IEEE PES, 2010, pp. 1-8.
- MKE, "1st Smart grid Basic Plan", 2012
- IEC, "IEC 61968-11 Ed. 1: System Interfaces for Distribution Management - Part 11: Distribution Information Exchange Model", 2008.
- IEC, "IEC 61970-301 Ed. 1: Energy management system application program interface (EMS-API) - Part 301: Common information model (CIM) base", 2007.
- IEC, "IEC 62541-1 Ed. 1.0: OPC Unified Architecture Specification - Part 1: Overview and Concepts", 2008.
- CIM and OPC-UA based Integrated Platform Development for ensuring Interoperability vol.2, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.18770/KEPCO.2016.02.02.233