- Volume 50 Issue 8
In this paper, we propose two rate control algorithms for multi-view extension of HEVC with two rate control algorithms adopted in HEVC and analyze the multi-view rate control performance. The proposed multi-view rate controls are designed on HEVC-based multi-view video coding (MV-HEVC) platform with consideration of high-level syntax, inter-view prediction, etc. not only for the base view but also for the extended views using the rate control algorithms based on URQ (Unified Rate-Quantization) and R-lambda model adopted in HEVC. The proposed multi-view rate controls also contain view-wise target bit allocation for providing the compatibility to the base view. By allocating the target bitrates for each view, the proposed multi-view rate control based on URQ model achieved about 1.83% of average bitrate accuracy and 1.73dB of average PSNR degradation. In addition, about 2.97% of average bitrate accuracy and 0.31dB of average PSNR degradation are achieved with the proposed multi-view rate control based on R-lambda model.
Supported by : Kwangwoon University
- G. J. Sullivan, J. R. Ohm, W. Han, and T. Wiegand, Overview of the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) Standard, to appear in IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technol., 12, 22 (2013).
- H. Choi, J. Nam, J. Yoo, D. Sim, and I. V. Bajic, Rate control based on unified RQ model for HEVC, JCT-VC of ITU-T SG16 WP3 and ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11, JCT-VC H0213 (m23088), San Jose, CA, USA, Feb. (2012).
- H. Choi, J. Nam, J. Yoo, D. Sim, and I. V. Bajic, Improvement of the rate control based on pixel-based URQ model for HEVC, JCT-VC of ITU-T SG16 WP3 and ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11, JCTVC-I0094 (m24333), Geneva, Switzerland, Apr.-May. (2012).
- B. Li, H. Li, L. Li, and J. Zhang, Rate control by R-lambda model for HEVC, JCT-VC of ITU-T SG16 WP3 and ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11, JCTVC-K0103, Shanghai, China, Oct. (2012).
- G. J. Sullivan, T. Wiegand, and K.-P. Lim, Joint model reference encoding methods and decoding concealment methods, Joint Video Team (JVT) of ISO/IEC MPEG and ITU-TVCEG, JVT-N046, Hong Kong, Jan. (2005).
- D. Rusanovskyy, K. Muller, and A. Vetro, Common Test Conditions for 3DV Core Experiments, JCT3V-A1100, Stockholm, Sweden, Jul. (2012).