- Volume 8 Issue 5
A model of a permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) with an inter turn short fault is proposed using a deformed flux model. The deformed flux model includes not only the fault winding flux information but also the inductance variation of the healthy winding considering the configuration of the winding distribution. With the deformed flux model and the positive sequence current assumption, the proposed model is derived in the positive and negative sequence synchronous reference frame (SRF). The finite elements method (FEM) simulation is applied to validate the proposed PMSM model with inter turn short fault.
PMSM winding fault;Inter turn short;PMSM fault model
- M. Arkan, D. L. Perovic. and P. Unswoth, "On-line stator winding fault diagnosis in induction motors," IEE Proceeding Electric Power Applications, Vol. 148, Issue 6, pp. 537-547, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:20010588
- F. Briz, M. W. Degner, A. Zamarron, and J. M. Guerrero, "On-line stator winding fault diagnosis in inverter-fed AC machines using high frequency signal injection," IEEE IAS annual meeting, Vol. 3, pp. 2094-2101, 2002.
- M. A. Cash, T. G. Habetler, and G. B. Kliman, "Insulation failure prediction in AC machines using line-neutral voltages," IEEE Trans, Industry Appli., Vol. 34, Issue 6, pp. 1234-1239, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.738983
- R. M. Tallam, T. G. Habetler, and R. G. Harley, "Stator winding turn-fault detection for closed-loop induction motor drives," IEEE Trans. Industry Appli., Vol. 39, No. 3, pp.720-724, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2003.811784
- M. A. Awadallah, M. M. Morcos, S. Gopalakrishnan, and T. W. Nehl, "A neuro-fuzzy approach to automatic diagnosis and location of stator inter-turn fault in CSI-Fed PM brushless DC motors," IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion, Vol. 20, No. 2, 2005.
- K. H. Kim, B. G. Gu, and I. S. Jung, "Online faultdetecting scheme of an inverter-fed permanent magnet synchronous motor under stator winding shorted turn and inverter switch open," IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 5, Issue 6, pp. 529-539. 2010.
- M. A.Shamsi nejad and M. Taghipour, "Inter-turn stator winding fault diagnosis and determination of fault percent in PMSM," IEEE IAPEC, pp. 128-131, 2011.
- A. Starou, H. G. Sedding, and J. Penman, "Current monitoring for detecting inter-turn short circuits in induction motors," IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp.32-37, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.911400
- B. M. Ebrahimi, and J. Faiz, "Feature extraction for short-circuit fault detection in permanent-magnet synchronous motors using stator-current monitoring," IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, Vol. 25, No. 10, pp. 2673-2682, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2050496
- T. Kim, H. W. Lee, and S. Kwak, "The internal fault analysis of brushless DC motors based on the winding function theory," IEEE Trans. Magnetics, Vol. 45, No. 5, pp. 2090-2096, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2013246
- K. H. Kim, D. U. Choi, B. G. Gu, and I. S. Jung, "Fault model and performance evaluation of an inverter-fed permanent magnet synchronous motor under winding shorted turn and inverter switch open," IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 4, Issue 4, pp. 214-225, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2009.0183
- B. Vaseghi, B. Nahid-Mobarakh, N. Takorabet, and F. Meibody-Tabar, "Inductance identification and study of PM motor with winding turn short circuit fault," IEEE Trans. Magnetics, Vol. 47, No. 5, pp. 978-981, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2010.2083639
- A. Gandhi, T. Corrigan, and L. Parsa, "Recent advances in modeling and online detection of stator interturn faults in electrical motors," IEEE Trans. Industrial Elec. Vol. 58, No. 5, 1564-1575, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2089937
- K. T. Kim, J. K. Park, B. W. Kim, and J. Hur, "Comparison of the fault characteristics of IPM-type and SPM-type BLDC motors under inter-turn faults conditions using winding function theory," IEEE ECCE 2012, pp. 12671-1269, 2012.
- I. Jeong, B. J. Hyon, and K. Nam, "Dynamic modeling and control for SPMSMs with internal turn short faults," IEEE Trans. Power Elec. 2012.
- S.-Ghalavand, V. -Zadeh, and Lsfahani, "An Improved Magnetic Equivalent Circuit Model for Iron-Core Linear Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motors," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 112-120, Jan 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2030674
- M. Hadef, A. Djerdir, M. R. Mekideche, and A-O. N'Diaye, "Diagnosis of stator winding short circuit faults in a direct torque controlled interior permanent magnet synchronous motor," IEEE VPPC 2011.
- R. Islam, M. Islam, J. Tersigni, and T. Sebstian, "Inter winding short circuit faults in permanent magnet synchronous motors used for high performance applications," IEEE ECCE2012, pp. 1291-1298, 2012.
- Detection of Stator Winding Inter-Turn Short Circuit Faults in Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors and Automatic Classification of Fault Severity via a Pattern Recognition System vol.11, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2016.11.2.416
- Temperature Estimation of Stator Winding in Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors Using d-Axis Current Injection vol.11, pp.8, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/en11082033
- Modelling of interior-mount LSPMSM under asymmetrical stator winding vol.12, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2017.0525