- Volume 8 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Power Control Method for Reducing Circulating Current in Parallel Operation of DC Distribution System
- Shin, Soo-Cheol ;
- Lee, Hee-Jun ;
- Kim, Young-Ho ;
- Lee, Jung-Hyo ;
- Lee, Taeck Kie ;
- Won, Chung-Yuen
- Received : 2013.05.27
- Accepted : 2013.06.07
- Published : 2013.09.01
In general, for a large power system like DC distribution system for buildings, several power converters are modularized for parallel operation. However, in parallel operation, inconsistency of parameters in each module causes circulating current in the whole system. Circulating current is directly related to loss, and, therefore, it is most important for the safety of the power system to supply the suitable current to each module. This paper proposes a control method to reduce circulating current caused during parallel operation. Accordingly, the validity of parallel operation system including response characteristics and normal state was verified by simulation and experiment result.
DC distribution;Circulating current;Parallel system;AC/DC converter;Dc/Dc converter;Power control
- Faizan Dastgeer, Akhtar Kalam, "Efficiency Comparison of DC and AC Distribution System for Distributed Generation," Power Engineering Conference(AUPEC), Sep 27-30. 2009.
- Ambra Sannino, Giovanna Postiglione, Math J. J. Bollen, "Feasibility of a DC Network for Commercial Facilities," IEEE Trans, Ind. Appl., Vol. 39, No. 5, Sep. 2003.
- J. H. Lee, M. Y. Cha, B. M. Han, "A Droop Control for the Autonomous Operation of DC Distribution System using Grid-tied Converter and Energy Storage," on Power electronics annual conference, Vol. 2010, No.11, pp. 32-33.
- Giral, R. Martinez-Salamero, L. Singer, S. "Inter-leaved converters operation based on CMC." IEEE Trans., Power Electronics, Vol. 14, Issue 4, July 1999, pp. 643-652. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.774201
- L. Asiminoaei, E. Aeloiza, P. N. Enjeti, and F. Blaabjerg, "Shunt active-power-filter topology based on parallel interleaved inverters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 55, No. 3, pp. 1175-1189, Mar. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.907671
- F Katiraei, M. R. Iravani, "Power management strategies for a Microgird with multiple distributed generation units," IEEE Trans. On Power Systems, 2006.
- M. chandorkar, D. Divan, and B. Banerjee, "Control of distributed UPS systems,".IEEE PESC'94, 1994, pp. 197-204.
- J. Guerrero, L. Na, M. Castilla, and J. Miret, "A wireless controller to enhance dynamic performance of parallel inverters in distributed generation system," IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol. 19, No. 5, Sep. 2004, pp. 1205-1213. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2004.833451
- N. Pogaku, M. Prodanovic, and T. Green, "Modeling, analysis and testing of autonomous operation of an inverter-based microgrid," IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol. 22, No. 2, Mar. 2007, pp. 613-625. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2006.890003
- Bangyin Liu, Shanxu Duan, Tao Cai, "Photovoltaic DC-Building-Module-Based BIPV System-Concept and Design Considerations," IEEE Trans. Power Electron, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 1418-1429, 2011.
- S. C. Shin, H. J. Lee, H. W. Park, C. Y. Won, J. S. Yu, T. K. Lee, "Soft Start Method of Three-Phase AC/DC Converter using Improved Sliding Mode Controller in DC Distribution System for Building Applications" on IEEE Trans. IECON, Vol. 2011, No. 37, pp. 1578-1583, Nov. 2011.
- M. Liserre, F.Blaabjerg, S.Hansen, "Design and Control of An LCL Filter Based Active Rectifier," IEEE Trans. on Ind. App., Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 299-307, Sep/Oct. 2001.
- B. G. Cho, S. K. Sul, H. J. Yoo, "LCL Filter Design and Control for Grid-connected PWM Converter," International Conference on Power Electronics(ICPE & ECCE), IEEE Trans. pp.756-763, May/June. 2011.
- J. W. Choi, S. K. Sul, "Fast Current Controller in Three-phase AC/DC Boost Converter Using d-q Axis Cross-coupling," IEEE Trans. Power Electorn., Vol. 13, No. 1, pp.179-185, Jan. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.654973