- Volume 37 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analyses of the Advanced Countries' Related Regulations and Perceptions to Improvement Directions for Water Leisure Activation
수상레저 활성화를 위한 선진국의 관련규제 분석 및 개선방향에 대한 인식도 분석
- Received : 2013.07.01
- Accepted : 2013.08.30
- Published : 2013.08.31
The purpose of this study was to analyze the perceptions to improvement directions of related regulations for water leisure activation. In order to accomplish such study purpose, the study utilized a survey methodology with 205 water leisure participants and 117 water leisure business employees. In addition, this study attempted to review the license and education system, registration and inspection system and business organizations from the advanced countries such as US, British, Australia and Japan. Accordingly, following findings were derived from current study. First, the problems of current license system included difficulty of operating the system and deficiency of operating organizations, and the improvement directions included expansion of education organizations and differentiation of education based on levels. Second, the improvement directions of registration and inspection included simplification of registration procedures and expansion of registration and inspection organizations. Third, difficulties perceived by business employees included complexity of entry and departure, complexity of registrating water leisure business and insufficiency of supporting business policies. In conclusion, water leisure related regulations including Water Leisure Safety Act need to be reformed continuously to reflect changing demands and needs from participants and business sectors.
Water leisure;regulations;perception;improvement direction;Water Leisure Safety Act
- Choi, C. H.(2011). "Legal issues in marine leisure sports and improvement plan". Sports & Laws, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 181-196.
- Jang, B. Y.(2012). Analyses of service quality and customer satisfaction of marina facility. Unpublished doctoral dissertation". Dankuk University.
- Kang, J. K.(2013). Integration of two organizations for water leisure. Yeonham News.
- KCG(2012a). A study on long term development plans for activating water leisure. Research paper.
- KCG(2012b). Korea Coast Guard White Paper.
- Lee, K. M. et al.(2009). "A study of knowing issues of activation marine leisure sports and the method of its improvement". Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 48, No. 6, pp. 111-124.
- Lee, Y. C. & Yeo, S. K.(2005). "A study on reform for subordinate laws of the marine leisure safety act". 2005 Marine Environment and Safety Association Congress, pp. 111-124.
- MCA(2012). Watersports and leisure participation survey 2011.
- MCST(2012). A study on legal improvements for water leisure tourism activation. Research paper.
- The Office of Boating Safety and Maritime Affairs (2012). Water sport data on participation and attendance. Research paper.
- USCG(2012). Recreational boating statistics 2011.
- Yoo, M. S.(2012). Suggests for water leisure related laws by Geonggi Province. Newsis.
- Kim, J. H., & Guk, S. G.(2005). "Analysis on the actual condition of consciousness for related regulations with revised water leisure safety regulation". Journal of Korean Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 29, No. 10, pp. 891-896. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2005.29.10.891
- Yoon, T. Y.(2003) "Developmental direction for Water Leisure Safety Act". Journal of The Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 79-84.
- A Study on the Status and Improvement of Domestic Marina Port Facility in Aspect of Navigators vol.38, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2014.38.1.73