- Volume 23 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Chemical Characteristics in Fermented Cordycepin-enriched Cordyceps militaris
발효 동충하초의 이화학적 특성
- Received : 2013.08.21
- Accepted : 2013.08.28
- Published : 2013.08.30
The comparative effects of fibrinolytic, antioxidative activity and electrophoretical protein patterns with Cordyceps militaris powder (CM) and cordycepin-enriched Cordyceps militaris JLM0636 powder (CCM) and fermented cordycepin-enriched Cordyceps militaris JLM0636 powder by several microscopic organisms were investigated. In addition, nutritional materials such as mineral, protein, and fatty acids were also measured. The protein concentration was higher in CCM than that in CM. The protein concentration in fermented CCM was the highest in CCM treated by Aspergillus kawachii among the various samples. When total protein patterns of CM, CCM, and both fermented CCMs were analyzed by native- and SDS-PAGE, there were slightly varietal differences in electrophoretical protein patterns. Major minerals were K, Ca, Mg, and Zn. Major fatty acids were palmitic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, and linolenic acid. Fibrinolytic activity was the highest in the fermented CCM by Bs treatment among the various samples. The
Cordyceps militaris JLM0636;fermentation;fibrinolytic activity;antioxidative activity;cordycepin
- A.O.A.C. 1975. Official methods of analysis. 12th ed., Association of official analytical chemists. Washington, DC, USA.
- Astrup, T. and Mullertz, S. 1991. The fibrin plate method for estimating fibrinolytic activity. Arch Biochem Biophys 40, 346-351.
- Bate-Smith, E. C. 1954. Flavonoid compounds in foods. Adv food Res 5, 216.
- Blois, M. S. 1958. Antioxidant determination by the use of a stable free radical. Nature 26, 1199-1204.
- Bok, J. W., Ller, J. C., Klin, H. G. and Neil, G. H. 1999. Antitumor sterols from the mycelia of Cordyceps sinensis. Phytochemistry 51, 891-898. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-9422(99)00128-4
- Cabras, P. and Angioni, A. 2000. Pesticide residues in grapes, wine, and their processing products. J Agric Food Chem 48, 967-973. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf990727a
- Cha, J. Y., Kim, H. J., Chung, C. H. and Cho, Y. S. 1999. Antioxidative activities and contents of polyphenolic compound of Cudrania tricuspidata. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 28, 1310-1315.
- Cha, J. Y., Yang, H. J., Jeong, J. J., Seo, W. S., Park, J. S., Ok, M. and Cho, Y. S. 2010. Tyrosinase inhibition activity and antioxidant capacity by fermented products of some medicinal plants. J Life Sci 20, 940-947. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2010.20.6.940
- Cha, J. Y., Park, J. C., Ahn, H. Y., Eom, K. E., Park, B. K., Jun, B. S. and Cho, Y. S. 2009. Effect of Monascus purpureus fermented Korean red ginseng powder on the serum lipid levels and antioxidative activity in rats. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38, 1153-1160. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.9.1153
- Cha, J. Y., Cho, Y. S., Kim, I., Anno, T., Rahman, S. M. and Yanagita, T. 2001. Effect of hesperetin, a citrus flavonoid, on the liver triacylglycerol content and phosphatidate phosphohydrolase activity in orotic acid-fed rats. Plant Foods Human Nutr 56, 349-358. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1011884200848
- Cha, J. Y., Kim, Y. S., Ahn, H. Y., Eom, K. E., Park, B. K. and Cho, Y. S. 2009. Biological activity of fermented silkworm powder. J Life Sci 19, 1468-1477. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2009.19.10.1468
- Cho, H. J., Cho, J. Y., Rhee, M. H., Kim, H. S., Lee, H. S. and Park, H. J. 2007. Inhibitory effects of cordycepin (3'-deoxyadenosine), a component of Cordyceps militaris, on human platelet aggregation induced by thapsigargin. J Microbiol Biotechnol 17, 1134-1138.
- Choi, H. J., Lee, W. S., Hwang, S. J., Lee, I. J., Shin, D. H., Kim, H. Y. and Kim, K. U. 2000. Changes in chemical compositions of green tea under the different extraction conditions. Korean J Life Sci 10, 202-209.
- Choi, Y. M., Gu, J. B., Kim, M. H. and Lee, J. S. 2008. Antioxidant and antiproliferative activities of methanolic extracts from thirty Korean medicinal plants. Food Sci Biotechnol 17, 1235-1239.
- Davis, B. J. 1964. Disc electrophoresis-II. Method and application to human serum proteins. Ann N Y Acad Sci 28, 404-427.
- Duncan, D. B. 1959. Multiple range and multiple F test. Biometrics 1, 1-42.
- Fuller, R. 1991. Probiotics in human medicine. Gut 32, 439-442. https://doi.org/10.1136/gut.32.4.439
- Garces, R. and Mancha, M. 1993. One-step lipid extraction and fatty acid methyl esters preparation from fresh plant tissues. Anal Biochem 211, 139-143. https://doi.org/10.1006/abio.1993.1244
- Jia, Z., Tang, M. and Wu, J. 1999. The determination of flavonoid contents in mulberry and thier scavenging effects on superoxide radicals. Food Chem 64, 555-559. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(98)00102-2
- Kang, P. D., Yoon, H. J., Ryu, K. S., Sohn, B. H. and Sohn, H. D. 1999. Electrophoretic patterns of hemolymph proteins of varieties with long and short life span in the silkworm Bombyx mori L. Korean J Seric Sci 41, 1-8.
- Kim, D. H., Han, S. B., Park, J. S., Han, M. J. 1994. Fermentation of antler and its biological activity. Korean J Pharmacogn 25, 233-237.
- Kim, I. J., Kim, H. K., Jong, J. H., Jeong, Y. K. and Ryu, C. H. 2002. Study of functional Chungkukang contain fibrinolytic enzyme. Korean J Life Sci 12, 357-362. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2002.12.3.357
- Kwon, H. J., Lee, K. H., Kim, J. H., Chun, S. S., Cho, Y. J. and Cha, W. S. 2006. Effect of protease on the extraction and properties of the protein from silkworm pupa. J Korean Soc Appl Biol Chem 49, 304-308.
- Li, S. P., Zhang, G. H., Zeng, Q., Huang, Z. G., Wang, Y. T., Dong, T. T. and Tsim, K. W. 2006. Hypoglycemic activity of polysaccharide, with antioxidation, isolated from cultured Cordyceps mycelia. Phytomedicine 13, 428-433. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2005.02.002
- Lowry, O. H., Rosebrogh, N. J., Farr, A. L. and Randall, R. J. 1951. Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagent. J Biol Chem 193, 265-271.
- Luthringer, C., Rayssiguier, Y., Gueux, E. and Berthelot, A. 1988. Effect of moderate magnesium deficiency on serum lipids, blood pressure and cardiovascular reactivity in normotensive rats. Br J Nutr 59, 243-250. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN19880031
- Muller, W. E., Weiler, B. E., Charubala, R., Pfleiderer, W., Leserman, L., Sobol, R. W., Suhadolnik, R. J. and Schroder, H. C. 1991. Cordycepin analogues of 2', 5'-oligo-adenylate inhibition of reverse transcriptase. Biochemistry 30, 2027-2033. https://doi.org/10.1021/bi00222a004
- Owens, C. W. I. and Belcher, R. V. 1965. A colorimetric micro- method for the determination of glutathione. Biochem J 94, 705-711.
- Sung, J. M., Choi, Y. S., Lee, H. K., Kim, S. H., Kim, Y. O. and Sung, G. H. 1999. Production of fruitingbody using cultures of Entomopathogenic fungal species. Korean J Mycol 27, 15-19.
- Swain, T., Hillis, W. E. and Oritega, M. 1959. Phenolic constituents of Ptunus domestica. I. Quantitative analysis of phenolic constituents. J Sci Food Agric 10, 83-88.
- Tsukahara, M., Shinzato, N., Tamaki, Y., Namihira, T. and Matsui, T. 2009. Red yeast rice fermentation by selected Monascus sp. with deep-red color, lovastatin production but no citrinin, and effect of temperature-shift cultivation on lovastatin production. Appl Biochem Biotechnol 158, 476-482. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12010-009-8553-8
- Weber, K. and Osborn, M. 1969. The reliability of molecular weight determination by sodium dodesyl sulphate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. J Biol Chem 244, 4406-4412.
- Sugimura, Y. and Yamamoto, K. 1998. The protective effect of glutathione-enriched yeast extract on acetaminophen-induced liver damage in rats. J Jpn Soc Nutr Food Sci 51, 189-193. https://doi.org/10.4327/jsnfs.51.189
- Yun, J. S. 2009. Pathomorphological peculiarity of dometic silkworm, Bombyx mori. infected with Cordyceps, Paecilomyces tenuipes. Korean J Pesticide Sci 13, 177-184.
- Zhu, J. S., Halpern, G. M. and Jones, K. 1998. The scientific rediscovery of an ancient Chinese herbal medicine, Cordyceps sinensis Part I. J Altern Complement Med 4, 289-303. https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.1998.4.3-289
- Biological Activity and Chemical Characteristics of Cordyceps militaris Powder Fermented by Several Microscopic Organisms vol.25, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2015.25.2.197
- Microbiological and Physicochemical Quality Characteristics of Raw Noodle with Natural Food Preservatives vol.26, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.17495/easdl.2016.10.26.5.435
Supported by : 동아대학교