- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study of Food Habit and Food Purchase Behavior on Healthy Dietary Life by Housewives in Daejeon
대전지역 주부의 건강식생활과 관련된 식습관과 식품구매행동 조사
- Received : 2013.01.23
- Accepted : 2013.04.05
- Published : 2013.04.30
This survey was conducted to compare the housewife's food habit and food purchase behavior on healthy dietary life. The questionnaires were collected from 151 working housewives and 159 housewives in Daejeon. The average meal time was 20~30 min., 67.6% of respondents ate breakfast and bap with guk(72.9%) was the most favourite foods. Almost half of them ate egg, fruit, vegetable everyday. They concerned highly about less intake of frozen foods(64.2%) and food additives(61.6%) for wellbeing dietary life. Because of close distance and various foods items, big discount store was chosen as food purchase place. The most considering purchase factor was food additives in working housewife and nutrition in housewife(p<0.05). In grocery shopping, working housewife considered children and their husbands(p<0.05). The most important purchase factor was the freshness in vegetables fishes fruits seaweeds eggs. TV or Radio was utilized the most frequently to obtain the useful knowledge on healthy foods. It is suggested that practical information should be offered housewives to purchase proper foods within their income and to manage dietary life according to their family's health condition.
working housewife;housewife;healthy dietary life;Daejeon
- Chang N.S.(1996). Change in dietary habits of adults with middle and upper income levels in Seoul. Korean J Nutr, 29(5), 547-558.
- Choi J.S., Chun H.K., Hwang D.Y., & Nam H.J. (2005). Consumer perception of food-related hazards and correlates of degree of concerns about food. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr, 34(1), 66-74. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.1.066
- Choi J.K., Suh B.S., & Lee I.S. (2009). The fresh vegetable buying behavior of housewives in Gyeongju. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life, 19(1), 9-16.
- Jin Y.H. (2001). Dietary behaviors of adults in Kimcheon city. Korean J Dietary Culture, 16(1), 43-57.
- Jung I.K. (2005). A Study on the nutrient intakes and factors related to dietary behavior of women by age groups in Incheon. Korean J Community Nutr, 10(1), 46-58.
- Kim J.S., Lee M.Y., Lee J.H., Cheong S.H., You H.E., & Chang K.J. (2002). Nutritional risk factors, perceptions on nutrition and health, nutritional knowledge, food habits and their correlation to supplement use in middle-aged and elderly Koreans. Korean J Community Nutr, 7(2), 199-210.
- Kim I.J. & Lee J.H. (2011). The housewives' purchase behaviors on environment-friendly agricultural products in Daejeon area. Korean J Community Nutr, 16(3), 386-397. https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2011.16.3.386
- Kim H.C. & Kim M.R. (2005). Consumer attitudes towards food Additives. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life, 15(1),126-135.
- Kim H.C. & Kim M.R. (2009). Consumers' awareness of the risk elements associated with foods and information search behavior regarding food safety. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life, 19(1), 116-129.
- Kim H.C. & Kim M.R. (2011). Concerns about hazardous elements on foods and recognition of the roles of government, food producers, and consumers in securing food safety. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life, 21(3), 401-417.
- Koo N.S., Kim W.S., Lee K.A., & Kim M.J. (2008). Food hygiene. Powerbook. Seoul. pp. 4-15
- Koo N.S. & Park J.Y. (2001). Health status and health-related life style of middle-aged people in Daejeon. Korean J Dietary Culture, 16(2), 137-146.
- Lee H.S. & Shin M.J. (2008). Recognition and preference of korean traditional boyangsik. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life, 18(5), 84-691.
- Lee K.J. & Lee Y.H. (2004). A study on the dietary life of housewives and their usage practices of food-nutrition labelling. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life, 14(2), 161-174.
- Lee M.Y., Kim J.S., Lee J.H., Cheong S.H., & Chang K.J. (2001). A study on usage of dietary supplements and related factors in college students attending web class via internet. Korean J Nutr, 34(8), 946-955.
- Lee Y.H., Cho K.D., & Lee B.H. (2006). Hygiene practice attitude of housewives in Seoul and related factors. Korean J Food Cookery Sci., 23(2), 229-236
- Ly S.Y., Kim K.E., & Kwon S.J. (2001). Food purchase behavior of taejon full time housewives with different education levels. Korean J Dietary Culture, 16(2), 99-108.
- Park J.Y., Ahn S.S., & Park H.H. (2006). A study on difference of food hygiene knowledge and practices between housewives and the contract foodservice employees. Korean J Food & Nutr., 19(3), 301-310.
- Park Y.S., Myung C.O., Lee K.W., & Nam H.W. (2005). A study on well-being related awareness and dietary life pattern in urban housewives. Korean J Food Culture, 20(5), 574-583.
- Park Y.S. & Chung Y.S. (2002). Characteristic and pattern of food and cultural background-Focused on cohort effect-Korean J Dietary Culture, 17(4), 435-445.
- Shin K.O., Yoon J.A., Lee J.S., & Chung K.H. (2010a). A comparative study of the dietary assessment and knowledge of (full-time) housewives and working (job-holding)housewives. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life, 20(1), 1-10.
- Shin K.O., Yoon J.A., Lee J.S., & Choi S.M. (2010b). A comparative study on interest of dietary life behavior, nutrient intake and health between full-time and working housewives. Korean J Food Culture, 25(3), 285-295.
- Shin A.S. & Kim K.K. (2000). Dietary behaviors of adults for health in Ulsan city. Korean J Dietary Culture, 15(1), 17-27.
- You S.Y. & Kim H.K. (2003). Food habits and health food consumption patterns of adults in the Ulsan area. Korean J Community Nutr, 8(6), 889-900.
- Kim H.C., Lee I.S., & Kim M.R. (2010). Recognition and purchasing behavior about environmentfriendly agricultural produce of housewives. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life, 20(6), 845-852.