- Volume 49 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of the silver-white decoy for squid automatic jigging machine and fishing performance
오징어채낚기용 은백색 유인체 개발과 어획성능
- An, Young-Il (Dept. of marine police and Technology, Gangwon Provincial College) ;
- Jang, Ung-Jeong (Dept. of marine police and Technology, Gangwon Provincial College)
- Received : 2013.07.19
- Accepted : 2013.08.12
- Published : 2013.08.31
Decoys for automatic jigging machines, the body part of a squid hook, have been developed in small and existing sizes in consideration of squid food, color blindness, and retinomotor responses and in utilization of pearl pigment, PP of high transparency, and combined mixture. In comparison of the developed silver-white decoy and existing decoys, the optical characteristics were examined, and the fishing performance of small size silver-white squid hooks was assessed in application of 4 fishing boats with the squid automatic jigging machine and metal halide fishing lamp in July, 2012. The luminances of the three squid hook colors-green, dark green and silver-white-increased as the intensity of illumination increased. Among these, the increase of silver-white was particularly distinguished. As to the average contrast of squid hooks, that of silver-white was 10.33, which was the highest, and then green 1.86 and dark green -0.10 in the order. As to the fishing performance of the silver-white hook, that of the 202 Geumyeong-ho and 101Yongjin-ho which caught squids were similar to that of the existing green hook and was relatively low in the case of the Dongbu-ho. However, that of the Haengbok-ho which caught relatively small squids whose average length was 19.9cm and installed silver-white hook in all automatic jigging machines was significantly excellent. In order to enhance the fishing performance of small size silver-white hooks, therefore, it would be effective to install in every automatic jigging machines of fishing boat and to start fishing before July by which small squids are caught.
- An YI and Yang YR. 1997. Visual acuity of fish-II.Relationship between light intensity and line width at visual limit of filefish. Bull Kor Soc Fish Tech 33, 352-359.
- An YI and Arimoto T. 2007. Development of artificial bait for octopus drift line. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 43, 291-300. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.4.291
- An YI, Jeong HG and Jung BM. 2009. Behaviroal reaction of common squid Todarodes pacificus to different colors of LED light. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 45, 135-143. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.3.135
- Anthony PD. 1981. Visual contrast thresholds in the cod Gadus morhua L. J Fish Biol 19, 87-103. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1095-8649.1981.tb05814.x
- Arakawa H, Choi SJ, Arimoto T and Nakamura Y. 1998. Relationship between underwater irradiance and distribution of Janapese common squid under fishing lights of a squid jigging boat. Fish Sci 64, 553-557. https://doi.org/10.2331/fishsci.64.553
- Archdale MV, A˜ nasco CP and Tahara Y. 2008. Catch of swimming crabs using fish mince in"teabags" compared to conventional fish baits in collapsible pots. Fish Res 91, 291-298. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2007.12.005
- Bae BS, Jeong EC, Park HH, Chang DS and Yang YS. 2008. Behaviroal characteristic of Japanese flying squid Todarodes pacificus to LED light. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 44, 294-303. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.44.4.294
- Bae BS, An HC, Kwon KJ, Park SW, Park CD and Lee KH. 2011. Design and performance estimation of fish-luring system using the water cooling typed LED lamp. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 47, 79-87. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.2.079
- Blackwell RH. 1946. Contrast thresholds of the human eye. J Opt Soc Am 36, 624-643. https://doi.org/10.1364/JOSA.36.000624
- Chang HY, Koo JG, Lee KW and Cho BK. 2007. Attraction effect of baits used in trap for swimming crab. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 43, 301-309. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.4.301
- Chang HY, Koo JG, Lee KW, Cho BK and Jeong BG. 2008. Attracting effect of baits used the by-product for swimming crab Portunus trituberculatus pots. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 44, 282-293. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.44.4.282
- Chen X, Liu B and Chen Y. 2008. A review of the development of Chinese distance-water squid jigging fisheries. Fisheries Research 89, 211-221. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2007.10.012
- Choi SJ. 2007. Rationalization of the light power output on small-size squid jigging boat. Ph.D. Thesis. Tokyo Univ. of Fisheries, 232-238, 239-252.
- Flores E EdC, lgarashi S and Mikami T. 1978 : Studies on squid behavior in relation to fishing.III.On the opto-motor response of squid, Todarodes pacificus (Steenstrup) to various colors. Fac Fish Hokkaido Univ 29, 131-140.
- Hester Fj. 1968. Visual contrast thresholds of the goldfish (Carassius auratus). Visionres 8, 1315-1335.
- Imamura Y. 1968. Etude de I'effet du feu dans la p?che et de son opêration (III). La mer 6, 26-44.
- Inada H. 2005. Studies on fishing technology of squid jigging. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 71, 717-720. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.71.717
- Inada H and Arimoto T. 2007. Trends on reseach and development of fishing light in Japan. J Illum Engng Inst Jpn 91, 199-209.
- Jeong HG, Yoo SH, Lee JH, An YI. 2013. The retinular responses of common squid Tadarodespacificus for energy efficient fishing lamp using LED. Renewable Energy 54, 101-104. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2012.08.051
- John KR and Haut MJ. 1964. Retinomotor cycles and correlated behavior in the teleost Astyanax mexicanus (Fillipi). J Fish Bd Canada 21, 591-595. https://doi.org/10.1139/f64-048
- Kawamura G and Yonemori T. 1990. The increment in light intensity and underwater visibility of an underwater lamp. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 56, 21-23.
- Kawamura G and Shimowada T. 1993. Optical critical duration and contrast threshods in the freshwater fish, Lepomis macrochirus, as determined behaviourally. Fish Res 17, 251-258. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-7836(93)90128-T
- Kier W and Van leeuwen JL. 1997. A kinematic analysis of tentacle extension in the squid loligo pealei. The Journal of Experimental Biology 200, 41-53.
- Lokkeborg S. 1990. Reduced catch of under-sized cod (Gadus morhua) in longlining by using artificial bait. Can J Fish Aquat Sci 47, 1112-1115. https://doi.org/10.1139/f90-128
- Lokkeborg S and Bjordal A. 1995. Size-selective effect of increasing bait size by using an inedible body on longline hooks. Fisheries Research 24, 273-279. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-7836(95)00393-6
- Miyazaki C, Yazima S, Koyama T and Mitsugi S. 1967. Fishing efficiency of feed stuff containing chemical stimulant. Bull Tokai Reg Fish Res Lab 49, 99-103.
- Okutani T. 1992. The earth of animals 65. Ashi encyclopedia, 158-159.
- Siriraksophon S, Nakamura Y and Matsuike K. 1995. Visual contrast threshold of Japanese common squid Todarodes pacificus Steenstrup. Fish Sci 61, 574-577. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.61.574
- Suzuki T, Inada H and Takahashi H. 1985. Retinal adaptation of Japanese common squid (Todarodes pacificus Steenstrup)to light changes. Bull Fac Fish Hokkaido Univ 36, 191-199.
- Watanabe T, Inada H, Takayama T, Yamasaki S and Kitamura M. 1997. Retinal adaptation of neon flying squid Ommastrephes bartrami at capture with Jigs and Fishing lights. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 63, 899-904. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.63.899
- Yamashita Y, Matsushita Y and Azuno T. 2012. Catch performance of coastal squid jigging boats using LED panels in combination with metal halide lamps. Fish Res 113, 182-189. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2011.10.011
- Youm MG. 1998. The improved artificial trap baits. Bull Kor Soc Fish Tech 34, 185-190.