- Volume 49 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of a low energy used anchovy dragnet using a numerical method
수치해석기법을 이용한 에너지 저소비형 기선권현망어구 개발
- Yang, Yong-Su (Division of Fisheries System Engineering, Institute of National Fisheries Research and Development) ;
- Lee, Chun-Woo (Division of Marine Production System Management, Pukyong National University) ;
- Lee, Kyounghoon (Division of Fisheries System Engineering, Institute of National Fisheries Research and Development) ;
- Park, Subong (Department of Fisheries Physics, Pukyong National University) ;
- Park, Seong-Kwae (Faculty of Marine Business & Economics, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kang, Min-Joo (Faculty of Marine Business & Economics, Pukyong National University) ;
- Lee, Jihoon (Division of Marine Technology, Chonnam National University)
- 양용수 (국립수산과학원 시스템공학과) ;
- 이춘우 (부경대학교 해양생산시스템관리학부) ;
- 이경훈 (국립수산과학원 시스템공학과) ;
- 박수봉 (부경대학교 수산물리학과) ;
- 박성쾌 (부경대학교 해양산업경영학과) ;
- 강민주 (부경대학교 해양산업경영학과) ;
- 이지훈 (전남대학교 해양기술학부)
- Received : 2013.07.04
- Accepted : 2013.08.09
- Published : 2013.08.31
Fuel consumption in fisheries is a primary concern due to environmental effects and costs to fishermen. Much research has been carried out to reduce the fuel consumption related to fishing operations. The fuel consumption of fishing gear during fishing operation is generally related to hydrodynamic resistance on the gear. This research demonstrates a new approach using numerical methods to reduce fuel consumption. The results from the simulation were verified with results that mirrored the model experiments. By designing the fishing gear using drawing software, the whole and partial resistance force on the gear can be calculated as a result of simulations. The simulation results will suggest suitable materials or gear structure for reducing the hydrodynamic forces on the gear while maintaining the performance of the gear. Furthermore, the efficiency of low energy used anchovy dragnet as economic point of view will be dealt. This research will helpful to reduce the GHG emissions from fishing operations and lead to reduce fishing costs due to fuel savings.
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Aanondsen SA. 1997. Life cycle assessments of environmental performance used as a tool in ship design (In Norwegian: Livslopsanalyser for beregning av miljopavirkning brukt som verktoy ved prosjektering av skip). Department of Marine Technology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway. 1-56.
- Ellingsen H and Aanondsen SA. 2006. Environmental impacts of wild caught cod and farmed salmon-a comparison with chicken. Int J Life Cycle Assess 11, 60-65. https://doi.org/10.1065/lca2006.01.236
- Lee JH and Lee CW. 2010. Low-Carbon trawl design with analysis of a gear drags and calculation of construction costs using numerical methods. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 46, 313-323. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.4.313
- Lee JH and Lee CW. 2011. A Quantitative analysis of GHG emissions from the Korean offshore large scale fisheries using an LCA method. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 44, 383-389. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2011.0383
- Lee KH, Lee CW, Yang YS, Lee J. 2012. Development of a low-energy used large midwater trawl using a numerical metho. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 48, 195-207. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.3.195
- Prado J. 1990. Fisherman's Workbook. FAO, Fishing News Books, Oxford, England, 1-180.
- Prior D and Khaled R. 2009. Optimisation of trawl energy efficiency under fishing effort constraint. In Proc. Of the 9th International Workshop "DEMaT09", Nara, Japan, 163-176.
- Schau EM, Ellingsen H, Endal A and Aanondsen SA. 2009. Energy consumption in the Norwegian fisheries. J Cleaner Prod 17, 325-334. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2008.08.015
- Thrane M. 2004. Energy consumption in the Danish fishery: identification of key factors. J Ind Ecol 8, 223-239.
- Tyedmers P. 2001. Energy consumed by North Atlantic fisheries. Fisheries Centre Research Report. In: Zeller D, Watson R, Pauly D, editors. Fisheries impacts on North Atlantic ecosystems: catch, effort and national/regional datasets, 9:3, Vancouver: Fisheries Centre, University of British Columbia, 12-34.
- Tyedmers P. 2004. Fisheries and energy use. In: Cleveland CJ, editor. The encyclopedia of energy. San Diego: Academic Press/Elsevier Science, 683-693.
- Ziegler F and Hausson PA. 2003. Emissions from fuel combustion in Swedish cod fishery. J Cleaner Prod 11, 303-314. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0959-6526(02)00050-1
- Ziegler F. 2006. Environmental life cycle assessment of seafood products from capture fisheries. Int J Life Cycle Ass 12, 1-61.
- Estimation of Green-House-Gas emissions from domestic eel farm vol.50, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.1.058