- Volume 7 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Reduction of Radiation Dose according to Geometric Parameters from Digital Coronary Angiography
디지털 심혈관조영장치의 기하학적 특성에 따른 선량 감소
- Kang, Yeonghan (Department of Radiology, Daegu Catholic University Hospital) ;
- Cho, PyongKon (Department. of Radiological Science, Catholic University of Daegu)
- Received : 2013.07.04
- Accepted : 2013.08.25
- Published : 2013.08.31
This study aims to find out geometric parameters which practitioner adjustable to reduce dose in coronary angiography. We take fluoroscopy and cine exposure by use of phantom, and got dose use the dose-area product(DAP) meter of angiography device, than convert DAP to effective dose. As results, Cine exposure shows higher dose measurement about 6-7 times than fluoroscopy. Dose in frame per second(FPS) mode could be decrease down to 70%, as lower FPS. In view of X-ray tube angle, LAO
Digital coronary angiography;Fluoroscopy;Cine exposure;Dose reduction
- J Persliden. Patient and staff doses in interventional X-ray procedures in Sweden, Radiation Protection Dosimetry. Vol. 114, No. 1, pp. 150-157, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/nch539
- D Bor, T Sancak, T Olgar: Comparison of effective doses obtained from dose-area product and air kerma measurements in interventional radiology, The British journal of Radiology, Vol. 77, pp. 315-322, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr/29942833
- Vano E, Goicolea J, Galvan C, et al. Skin radiation injuries in patients following repeated coronary angioplasty procedures, The British Journal of Radiology, Vol. 74, No. 887, pp. 1023-1031, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.74.887.741023
- Wall BF, Hart D. Revised radiation dose for typical x-ray examinations. Report on a recent review of doses to patients from medical X-ray examinations in the UK by NRPB, The British Journal of Radiology, Vol. 70, No. 833, pp. 437-439, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.70.833.9227222
- 정홍량, 임청환, 이만구: 전국 종합병원 방사선사의 개인피폭선량에 대한 고찰, 방사선기술과학, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 137-144, 2005.
- 윤철호, 윤석환, 최준구: 방사선 종사자 근무 분야별 피폭에 관한 검토, 방사선기술과학, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 217-222, 2008.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, 2000b. Avoidance of radiation injuries from medical interventional procedures, ICRP Publication 85
- Interventional Atomic Energy Agency Radiation Protection of Patients. 10 Pearls: radiation protection of patients in fluoroscopy, Vienna IAEA, 2013.
- 식약청, 방사선 안전관리시리즈 No. 11: 중재적 시술 방사선 방어 가이드 라인, 2006.
- Vano E, Gonzalez L, Van Loon R, et al. Radiation exposure to medical staff in interventional and cardiac radiology. The British Journal of Radiology, Vol. 71, No. 849, pp. 954-960, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.71.849.10195011
- National Radiological Protection Board. Estimation of effective dose in diagnostic radiology from entrance surface dose and dose-area product measurements, NRPB report, 262, 1994.
- Ayad M. Risk assessment of an ionizing-radiation energy in diagnostic radiology, Applied Energy, Vol. 65, No. 1, pp. 321-328, 2000 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0306-2619(99)00070-7
- Gfirtner H, Stieve FE, Wild J: A new Diamentor for measuring kerma-area product and air-kerma simultaneously, Med Phys, Vol. 24, No. 12, pp. 1954-1959, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.598109
- J C Le Heron. Estimation of effective dose to the patient during medical X-ray examinations from measurements of the dose-area product, Phys Med. Biol. Vol. 37, No. 11, 1992.
- Mahadevappa Mahesh. The AAPM/RSNA Physics Tutorial for Residents, Fluoroscopy: Patient Radiation Exposure Issues, Radiographics, Vol. 21, Np. 4, pp. 1033-1045, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiographics.21.4.g01jl271033
- 정우경. 투시와 중재시술의 방사선 피폭과 저감화 방법, J Korean Med Assoc, Vol. 54, No. 12, pp. 1269-1276, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2011.54.12.1269