- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Experimental study on build up characteristic of glass dosimeter of preheat and Non-preheat in low energy according to delay time
저에너지X선 영역에서 유리선량계의 preheat과 Non-preheat과의 시간에 따른 build up 특성에 관한 연구
- Son, Jin-Hyun (Department of Biomedical Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Min, Jung-Whan (Department of Radiology, Shin-Gu University) ;
- Kim, Ki-Won (Department of Radiology, Shin-Gu University) ;
- Son, Soon-Yong (Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center) ;
- Lim, Hyun-Soo (Department of Biomedical Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- 손진현 (충남대학교 의과대학 의공학과) ;
- 민정환 (신구대학교 방사선과) ;
- 김기원 (신구대학교 방사선과) ;
- 손순륭 (아산병원 영상의학과) ;
- 임현수 (충남대학교 의과대학 의공학과)
- Received : 2013.06.17
- Accepted : 2013.07.11
- Published : 2013.07.31
The Purpose of this study was to evaluate by comparing the dose change and build up characteristic according to delay time in 30 days of glass dosimeter processed preheat and non preheat when measuring accumulation dose of radiation by using glass dosimeter over the long haul. For obtaining low dose with 0.1 mGy, 1 mGy and 5 mGy, we employed diagnostic generator AccuRay-650R. We compared the build up characteristic over the long haul by exposuring radiation to 30 glass dosimeters sorted into 10 glass dosimeters per tube voltage and current. In Non preheat glass dosimeter, initial measured dose was inferior to exposed dose but as time goes on, was close to exposed dose steadily. In 72 hour after experiment end, non preheat glass dosimeters were not indicated the difference from preheat glass dosimeters and statistical analysis were meaningful (p>0.05). Initial measured dose for low glass dosimeter processed preheat was close to exposed dose and stable. After 15 days dose was gradually increased. Previous study characteristics of glass dosimeter were with respect to characteristic of glass dosimeter in high dose of high energy area. However, in this study, we make a judgment to measure the dose of glass dosimeter without preheat processing when measuring the accumulation dose of low dose in conclusion.
Glass dosimeter;Preheat;Non preheat
Supported by : 신구대학교
- K. H. Son, et al., "The characteristic evaluation of high dose linearity, accumulation dose, energy dependency of glass dosimeter", Journal of Radiation Protection, pp. 66-67, 2009.
- ICRP: 1990 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection. Publication 60, Annals of the ICRP Vol. 21, No. 1-3, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1991.
- KFDA: 2012 Guideline on patient dose suggestion of general radiology, pp. 1-56, 2012.
- K. R. Dong, et al., "A study on the effects of scattering dose on eyes and thyroid for panoramagra phy - Focus on TLD and PLD". The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 7(1), pp. 1118-1123, 2009.
- J. H. Choi, et al., "Comparison on the dosimetry of TLD and PLD by dose area product". The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 12(3), pp. 244-250, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.03.244 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.03.244
- Chang-Gyu. Kim, et al., "Measurement dose of Dental Panoramagraphy using a Radiophotoluminesce nt Glass Rod Detector", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association. v. 12 no, 6 pp. 2624-2628. 2011.
- C. H. Kim, et al., "The evaluation of the radiation dose and the image quality during MDCT using Glass Rod Detector", The Journal of Digital Policy & Management. v.10 no,2 pp. 249-254. 2012.
- J. H. Yun. et al., "Effective Dose Determination From CT Head & Neck Region". Journal of radiological science and technology. v.34 no.2 pp: 105-116. 2011.
- W. H. Lee, et al., "Comparison on the dosimetry of TLD and OSLD used in nuclear medicine", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 12(12), pp. 329-334, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.12.329 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.12.329
- C. G. Kim, "Diagnosis X-ray exposure dose measuring device when pre-heat effect" KAIS Spring Conference pp. 380-382, 2013
- J. H. Son, et al., "Experimental Study with Respect to Dose Charactrristic of Glass Dosimeter for Low-Energy by Using Internal Detector of Piranha 657", Journal of radiological science and technology. v.35 no.2 pp: 119-124. 2012.
- F. Araki, et al., "Measurements of gamma-knife helmet output factors using a radiophotoluminescent glass rod dosimeter and a diod detector", Med. Phys. 30, pp. 1976-1981, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1118/1.1587451 https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1587451
- M. Tsuda, et al., "A few remarks on photoluminescence dosimetry with high energy X-rays", Jpn. J. Med. 20, pp. 131-139, 2000.
- Asahi Techno Glass Corporation, "Explanation material of RPL glass dosimeter: small element system", Tokyo, Japan, 2000
- J. E. Rah, D. O. Shin, J. Y. Hong, et al., "Study ofn Dosimetric Properties of Radiophoto luminescent Glass Rod Detector", J. Korea Asso. Radiat. Prot. 31(4), pp. 181-186, 2006.